The Great Police Work Thread

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Flash bang a toddler, "It is okay, i am just doingmy job, it is those corrupt politicians who are at fault".

Yea maybe, but you still flash anger a toddler
I didn't read that story. Did the cop purposely throw a flash bang grenade at the kid? I mean, he knew a toddler was there before he made the decision to throw it?

jeebs

Brand New Member
I didn't read that story. Did the cop purposely throw a flash bang grenade at the kid? I mean, he knew a toddler was there before he made the decision to throw it?
He knew that he was after a non violent offender and executing a no knock raid on a family home.

But he was just doing his job and he didn't mean to, so he is excused his unjust actions and their unjust basis.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
A cowards defense if I have ever heard one.

Choose a shit job, then use it to justify your shit actions
I wasn't justifying or excuse the bad cops asshole actions. I was replying to the moronic idea that a cop is corrupt simply because they are enforcing rules passed by a very corrupt gov't.

Cotton

Staff member
He knew that he was after a non violent offender and executing a no knock raid on a family home.

But he was just doing his job and he didn't mean to, so he is excused his unjust actions and their unjust basis.
You are generally kinda smart, but you are obviously having a hard time with reading tonight.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch

Oh. So people saying he threw a flashbang at a toddler is just hyperbole, then.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Oh. So people saying he threw a flashbang at a toddler is just hyperbole, then.
He threw it in a crib... I don't know you can see a crib and claim you didn't know a toddler could be in there.

raid2n-3-web.jpg

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
He threw it in a crib... I don't know you can see a crib and claim you didn't know a toddler could be in there.

View attachment 181
He purposely threw it in a crib? Then he's a piece of shit that deserves to go to prison and be handled inside.

But like I said, I knew nothing about the case. When I asked Jeebus, why didn't he say that instead of only saying the cop was doing a no knock raid?

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
So I googled the story, and found this on a website decrying police and saying how corrupt they are. Liberty Blitzkrieg. And even in their article, it didn't say the cop purposely threw it in the crib. Or even that they saw the crib before throwing it.

Terrell said officers had no indication that any children were inside the home as they approached the same door where the drugs had allegedly been purchased. Police reportedly opened the door and threw a distraction device, often referred to as a flash bang, inside. “It distracts [the suspects] so you can make an entrance,” Terrell told the paper.

However, the Journal-Constitution reports the device landed in the playpen where a toddler, Bounkham “Bou Bou” Phonesavanhs, was sleeping. The 19-month-old and his family, three older sisters and his parents, were all asleep in the same room. Only the toddler was injured.

So, yeah. It is horrible that this baby was injured. But to carry on like the police purposely hurt this kid is dishonest. Hell, the article even said this wasn't the baby and his family's home. It said they were visiting from Georgia after their house in Wisconsin burned down.

Cotton

Staff member
Don't get in the way of the fanatical mob, NoDak. They will run you over with their social injustices.

Cotton

Staff member
I think that the percentage of bad police officers are probably the same as you'd find in many/most professions.
Yep, which is way lower than you will find with govt officials.

BipolarFuk

Demoted
So I googled the story, and found this on a website decrying police and saying how corrupt they are. Liberty Blitzkrieg. And even in their article, it didn't say the cop purposely threw it in the crib. Or even that they saw the crib before throwing it.

Terrell said officers had no indication that any children were inside the home as they approached the same door where the drugs had allegedly been purchased. Police reportedly opened the door and threw a distraction device, often referred to as a flash bang, inside. “It distracts [the suspects] so you can make an entrance,” Terrell told the paper.

However, the Journal-Constitution reports the device landed in the playpen where a toddler, Bounkham “Bou Bou” Phonesavanhs, was sleeping. The 19-month-old and his family, three older sisters and his parents, were all asleep in the same room. Only the toddler was injured.

So, yeah. It is horrible that this baby was injured. But to carry on like the police purposely hurt this kid is dishonest. Hell, the article even said this wasn't the baby and his family's home. It said they were visiting from Georgia after their house in Wisconsin burned down.
:lol

So that makes it OK. They didn't know any kids were home. Fuck it, flashbang the house to get some dipshit that sold a bag of meth that hasn't even lived there since that family had to move in. But hey, police didn't know that either. Guess it isn't their job to investigate anything.

jeebs

Brand New Member
I wasn't justifying or excuse the bad cops asshole actions. I was replying to the moronic idea that a cop is corrupt simply because they are enforcing rules passed by a very corrupt gov't.
And that was the point I was replying to. Choose to work under unjust laws with an unjust judiciary setting the rules, then to act all innocent like "me, I don't make the rules", no you just choose to enforce them and make sure other people suffer for them.

I said it a hundred times, the job is a neccesary evil, neccesary but you can't whitewash the evil out of it. It is just what you get when you set yourself against citizens and choose to serve the laws of flawed men. But someone has to do it.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
:lol

So that makes it OK. They didn't know any kids were home. Fuck it, flashbang the house to get some dipshit that sold a bag of meth that hasn't even lived there since that family had to move in. But hey, police didn't know that either. Guess it isn't their job to investigate anything.
I didn't say it was ok, stupid. I showed where it said they didn't know the kid was there, countering the point of retards like yourself, trying to make it sound like they purposely threw a flash bang at a toddler.

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
When I was about 20, I was charged with fleeing a police officer, reckless endangerment, destruction of property, driving with a suspended license, and speeding. I got a court appointed attorney, and had a 6 man jury trial. I was found not guilty on all charges.

I was guilty as a MF'er. I guess that court appointed attorney just wasn't very good at his job.
Sounds like you were one of the lucky ones that got a court appointed attorney destined to be one of those well paid defense attorneys. It happens. You could have just as easily gotten stuck with one who didn't even want to practice criminal law and was doing the bare minimum to make rent until he could get a gig in real estate or something.

Cotton

Staff member
And that was the point I was replying to. Choose to work under unjust laws with an unjust judiciary setting the rules, then to act all innocent like "me, I don't make the rules", no you just choose to enforce them and make sure other people suffer for them.
This could just be the dumbest thing you have ever said. All cops should just be like, "I want the rules changed or I'm not doing my job anymore!!!" And, then new cops be like, "Nope, I'm gonna be a janitor instead. This is a ridiculous expectation."

I said it a hundred times, the job is a neccesary evil, neccesary but you can't whitewash the evil out of it. It is just what you get when you set yourself against citizens and choose to serve the laws of flawed men. But someone has to do it.
Yep.

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
Just because things will never be perfect, it doesn't mean they can't be improved.

jeebs

Brand New Member
This could just be the dumbest thing you have ever said. All cops should just be like, "I want the rules changed or I'm not doing my job anymore!!!" And, then new cops be like, "Nope, I'm gonna be a janitor instead. This is a ridiculous expectation."
Yea, I hold that expectation for myself. I would never be a cop because I couldn't bust somebody for a range of offenses, like drugs, because I don't want to be a corrupt politicians storm trooper. And I would never put myself in a position to throw a flash bang into a families home, even if the injuries were an accident. I would never take a job I knew would put me in that position. And I have to question the morality of those who do.

Sure they can still be fundamentally good men, but they made an immoral life choice that I don't agree with (like faggots). I am not saying they will burn in hell, but that the job has a definate immoral component.

jeebs

Brand New Member
I am a big military guy. Generally the soldiers can do no wrong in my book, so I get iamtdgs position. What he doesn't get is that shit would change real fast for me if we started using soldiers to kick in American doors and tripled the legal code in a decade or two. Then I would say you have to be a piece of shit to choose that job.

jeebs

Brand New Member
Maybe immoral is the wrong word, but there is definitely a moral ambiguity to the profession. I mean judges say it is okay for no knock raids, but police have to ask for them. Politicians are giving military equipment to police departments, but it is the departments themselves that are training and using these things. It is the departments that use swat teams as status symbols. With all these fancy hammers, is it any wonder every problem looks like a nail? It is police who foster and us against them mentality, against the public. It is departments that have shoot first policy towards pets. All of that before you even get in the problems of politicians shitty laws and and abuse of authority by police.

So yea, choosing the profession definitely has moral overtones, black and white. They weren't born police, they chose a job knowing full well what they would have to do. So I do not agree with the, "what me? I am just doing my job" attitude.

Top Bottom