NBA Chatter Thread

Carp

DCC 4Life
I would not be surprised if Philly ends up with Anthony Bennett somehow. Last year they had a deal in place with NO to deal Holiday for the #6 if Oladipo, Noel, or Bennett was there...so clearly they valued him. If Minn does not want him in a Love deal maybe Philly can facilitate a larger deal by taking him on.

As an aside...Hou looks good and will challenge. I would like to see them do something to help with their PG depth though.

Carp

DCC 4Life
Lin deal is done. 2015 1st and 2nd rounder.
That is a Hinkie type deal...surprised we did not do that.

Maybe Hinkie needs to step back and let these players shake out a bit first to see where we stand. Almost too much talent there now.

Tony D

DCC 4Life
Hyperbole much? The Bulls have missed the playoffs once since 2004 and have advanced to the conference semi-finals 3 times since 2006, including a trip to conference finals in 2011. Sure, they haven't won anything significant since Jordan left but they've been competitive and certainly "relevant" in the East for the last several years.

I get that you're tired of what you consider to be Bulls homers in this thread but you should worry more about the relevancy of your Philadelphia "haven't advanced past the first round of the playoffs in over 10 years" 76ers than trying to tear down the Bulls.
I never said they weren't relevant in the East, but WGAS. I said they weren't relevant in the NBA.

Also, we did advance past the first round of the playoffs in the past 10 years. We beat the Bulls in 2012 in the first round, ha.

Tony D

DCC 4Life
That is a Hinkie type deal...surprised we did not do that.

Maybe Hinkie needs to step back and let these players shake out a bit first to see where we stand. Almost too much talent there now.
I think he wanted the Pels #1 pick that the Rockets are going to get in the Aski deal. He'll do something.

E_D_Guapo

Brand New Member
I never said they weren't relevant in the East, but WGAS. I said they weren't relevant in the NBA.
Pretty sick burn then since by that criteria there have only been a handful of teams in the NBA that can be considered relevant over the past 10 years.

Also, we did advance past the first round of the playoffs in the past 10 years. We beat the Bulls in 2012 in the first round, ha.
Oh yeah, forgot about that. Congratulations for that. Huge accomplishment since Rose and Noah were barely involved in that series due to injury. :rolleyes

Tony D

DCC 4Life
Pretty sick burn then since by that criteria there have only been a handful of teams in the NBA that can be considered relevant over the past 10 years.
This is true.

Oh yeah, forgot about that. Congratulations for that. Huge accomplishment since Rose and Noah were barely involved in that series due to injury. :rolleyes
I understand we beat an injured team, but it is kind of funny you said the Sixers haven't advanced past the first round of the playoffs the past 10 years and they did by beating the team we are discussing.

E_D_Guapo

Brand New Member
I understand we beat an injured team, but it is kind of funny you said the Sixers haven't advanced past the first round of the playoffs the past 10 years and they did by beating the team we are discussing.
Yes, I probably mentally blocked that series. Either that or I just forgot because it was such a WGAS series win for a completely irrelevant NBA franchise. :art

Carp

DCC 4Life
Bulls pursuing Wade...Mike Miller stopped talking to the Nuggets and is trying to go to the Cavs...Heat offered Bosh the max...

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
I'd rank James ahead of Kareem and easily over Bird. BTW...no way was Bird a better passer than James.
I think there's an anti-big-man bias when it comes to the greatest player ever discussion. It's like the aspect of their game that comes from their height isn't supposed to count or something. Maybe it's because all of the great big men from the 90s are gone and it's no longer a major part of today's game.

It kinda feels like all the Centers got dropped from the discussion when Jordan passed Wilt Chamberlain for best ever in the eye of the average fan/writer.

Jiggyfly

Banned
Howard Beck ✔ @HowardBeck
Follow
Chris Bosh has a 5-year max offer to stay in Miami, I'm told. Decision expected within hours.

Jiggyfly

Banned
I think there's an anti-big-man bias when it comes to the greatest player ever discussion. It's like the aspect of their game that comes from their height isn't supposed to count or something. Maybe it's because all of the great big men from the 90s are gone and it's no longer a major part of today's game.

It kinda feels like all the Centers got dropped from the discussion when Jordan passed Wilt Chamberlain for best ever in the eye of the average fan/writer.
Big men rely on others to be productive while wings and guards control the ball more, that is the difference.

What sets Lebron apart is that he do what big men and guards do as well as a plus defender, I loved Kareem but h was an average defender.

Jiggyfly

Banned
Marc Stein ✔ @ESPNSteinLine
Follow
ESPN sources also say that Alonzo Gee potentially could wind up being plugged into New Orleans' looming acquisition of Rockets' Omer Asik

Jiggyfly

Banned
Adrian Wojnarowski ✔ @WojYahooNBA
Follow
Chris Bosh is finalizing an agreement to return to Miami on a five-year, $118M deal, league sources tell Yahoo Sports.

Jiggyfly

Banned
I hate missing out on Bosh but this allows us to keep Terrence Jones who still has a lot of upside and use that money to upgrade at pg and deepen the bench which I think in the long run makes us a better team.

I would probably start looking at Bledsoe.

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
Big men rely on others to be productive while wings and guards control the ball more, that is the difference.

What sets Lebron apart is that he do what big men and guards do as well as a plus defender, I loved Kareem but h was an average defender.
Maybe it's one of those apples and oranges things. If I was building a team and could take an All-Star player at any position, I'd take a Center. IMO, good players at the other 4 positions are easier to find. Case in point, there's not a single great 5 in basketball right now.

Dwight Howard is the best one left and he is nowhere near the same league as Olajuwon, O'Neal, Robinson, and Ewing.

Top Bottom