Eagles stuff...

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
They must now fear the Witten shovel.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
“Yeah, they’re OK. I don’t really know what’s great about them,” Logan said, via CSNPhilly.com.
~Al Pacino voice from scene in Heat at the scrap yard~

Okay MF'er!

:viking

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
They beat the Colts but it took a bunch of fluke penalties and missed calls down the stretch for that to happen.
The Colts are similar. Like a lot of pass-first teams they can get on a roll and blow out teams, but when they face a strong, balanced team that scores while limiting their own time on the field they get flustered and sputter.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
I sure hope Scott Linehan learned from the Redskin game and has developed new ideas for playcalls against a stacked box...that was ridiculous.
Linehan and Garrett refused to compromise and stayed with spread formations. Too easy for blitzers to get lost in the traffic if you do it enough. Better to put in extra protectors.

That three-TE set has yet to be stopped, Hell, Dallas could go no-huddle from that.

p1_

DCC 4Life
Philly will come with that defensive approach because it has proven on more than one occasion to be the way to shut down Romo.
until romo makes them pay, of course.

p1_

DCC 4Life
So, how did Aaron Rodgers slice this team up? I think we should be taking notes from that game.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
D

Deuce

So, how did Aaron Rodgers slice this team up? I think we should be taking notes from that game.
He's smart, spreads the ball around and he has a coach with a system that always seems to make the right call.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
He's smart, spreads the ball around and he has a coach with a system that always seems to make the right call.
Also you have to have a bail out system (hot read) on virtually every passing play. I am of the opinion that the best outlet is the slot receiver over the middle. If the push comes up the middle then the outlet is to the running back to the outside.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

:towel

Texas Ace

Teh Acester

:towel
:flairwoo

Cotton

Staff member
Tony Romo taking part in light practice
November, 25, 2014

By Todd Archer | ESPNDallas.com

IRVING, Texas -- The calendar might say it’s Tuesday but for the Dallas Cowboys it is a Thursday in terms of their practice schedule, which means quarterback Tony Romo will take part in a full workout.

The nature of the practices this week is light because of the quick turnaround with the Cowboys playing the Philadelphia Eagles on Thanksgiving, and Romo took part in Monday’s walkthrough as well. Since the second game of the season Romo has not practiced a full week because of his surgically repaired back, but that will not be the case this week.

The only players missing from Tuesday’s practice are defensive end Jack Crawford, safety Jeff Heath, linebacker Dekoda Watson and cornerback Tyler Patmon. Crawford and Heath had surgery Tuesday morning to repair broken thumbs. Watson has a hamstring strain, and Patmon is working his way back from a sprained knee.

Wide receiver Terrance Williams is on the practice field. He suffered a fractured index finger against the New York Giants but will wear a splint and continue to play.

Cotton

Staff member
My son is playing Eagles at Cowboys on Madden and the Eagles scored on their first possession. Not a good sign.

Cotton

Staff member
Cowboys respond to Eagles' trash talk
November, 25, 2014

By Calvin Watkins | ESPNDallas.com

IRVING, Texas -- The trash talking has started between the Dallas Cowboys and the Philadelphia Eagles in anticipation of their Thanksgiving Day clash at AT&T Stadium.

On Monday, Eagles defensive tackle Bennie Logan didn't seemed impressed with the Cowboys' offensive line.

"They’re OK," Logan told CSNPhilly. "Yeah, they’re OK. I don’t really know what’s great about them."

The Cowboys have the NFL's leading rusher in DeMarco Murray and an offensive line with three first-round draft picks, including Pro Bowl left tackle Tyron Smith.

Starting left guard Zack Martin, the Cowboys' 2014 first-round selection, is getting consideration for the offensive rookie of the year award.

"The running back’s having a good year running, but I don’t see anything spectacular about them," Logan said. "Same offensive line we faced last year and they have one new guy. We faced them [before]. They’re OK linemen."

Cowboys center Travis Frederick, like Martin and Smith, a first-round pick, didn't take the bait.

"I'm not really a big bulletin-board guy," Frederick said after Tuesday's practice at Valley Ranch. "For me, if you can't get motivated to play a game, this is your job, this is what I do, this is what I love. I'm motivated to play every game. People say things sometimes to the media and sometimes the media spins it a little bit. It is what it is."

Frederick was made aware of Logan's comments by fans on Twitter and Murray didn't know what was said until a reporter told him about it.

"Let's find out Thursday," Murray said with a smirk.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
When their WR's cut deep upfield it's usually at an angle and not parallel to the sidelines so the QB can lead them away from a trailing defender and they can present more of their body to the ball.

And Rodgers has the ridiculous arm strength to lead them.

Cotton

Staff member
My son is playing Eagles at Cowboys on Madden and the Eagles scored on their first possession. Not a good sign.
Update: We won.

Top Bottom