Eagles stuff...

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Cowboys ready for quick turnaround
November, 24, 2014

By Todd Archer | ESPNDallas.com

EAST RUTHERFORD, N.J. -- As good as the Dallas Cowboys felt inside the locker room after Sunday’s 31-28 win against the New York Giants, they were already thinking about the Philadelphia Eagles.

“When we land in Dallas, (this) game no longer matters,” wide receiver Dez Bryant said.

The Cowboys landed early Monday morning and will practice at 4 p.m. Some staffers reported straight to Valley Ranch off the plane to get a jump start on the day. The coaches used the bye week to get a quick look at the Eagles but were expected to study them more on the plane ride home.

“You have to watch the tape,” tight end Jason Witten said of the win over the Giants. “We will have to do it on our own because Thursday is going to come on us quick, but it is always good to get a win these games before Thanksgiving.”

The Cowboys needed the win to maintain pace with the Eagles. Dallas trails in the standings despite both teams being 8-3 because Philadelphia has a better division record, but with two of the Cowboys' next three games coming against the Eagles, they can rectify that.

Had the Cowboys lost Sunday, a win Thursday would have been that much more crucial.

“You’ve got to move on,” running back DeMarco Murray said.

Owner and general manager Jerry Jones said he was not upset the NFL gave the Cowboys such a difficult stretch with a Sunday night game on the road leading into a Thursday afternoon game.

“That’s three hours, that’s really nothing,” Jones said. “We’ll get rest on the plane and go in there, but we’ve got three more hours to prepare than Philadelphia, I guess. Did Philadelphia get a bye last week?”

No.

“OK, we got one, so we got the edge,” Jones said.

The Eagles will leave Philadelphia Wednesday afternoon for Thursday’s game.

“And we’re playing at home, so when you look at the edges, which edge would you rather have?” Jones said. “Would you rather have Philadelphia’s having to travel or us when we had a bye week?”

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
You have been starting these inappropriately.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Bennie Logan: I don’t know what’s so great about Cowboys offensive line
Posted by Josh Alper on November 24, 2014, 4:19 PM EST

The Eagles and Cowboys will meet for the first time this season on Thanksgiving, which means that the Eagles Defense will get their first in-person look at Dallas’s much-praised offensive line.

They’ve taken a look at them on film, however, and one member of the Eagles defense hasn’t been impressed by what he’s seen. Defensive tackle Bennie Logan had some praise for DeMarco Murray, but he isn’t buying that this year’s group is any better than the one he faced as a rookie last season.

“Yeah, they’re OK. I don’t really know what’s great about them,” Logan said, via CSNPhilly.com. “The running back’s having a good year running, but I don’t see anything spectacular about them. Same offensive line we faced last year and they have one new guy. We faced them [before]. They’re OK linemen.”

Sunday night’s game-winning drive against the Giants the latest illustration of how well the Cowboys linemen are playing. Tony Romo had time to do his taxes before delivering passes that moved Dallas quickly down the field. Were that an aberration, you couldn’t read much into it but the fact that the Cowboys have done it all year suggests they’re better than OK.

Logan and the rest of the Eagles will get their chance to prove otherwise on Thursday.
----------------

Hoping we knock this ham and egger's dick in the dirt Thursday.

Eff him.

This kind of fires me up.

:flairphilly

LOGAN!!!

LOGAN!!!!

LOGAN!!!!!

GET OUT HERE!!!!!

GET OUT HERE RIGHT NOW!!!!!!

D

Deuce

:flairphilly

LOGAN!!!

LOGAN!!!!

LOGAN!!!!!

GET OUT HERE!!!!!

GET OUT HERE RIGHT NOW!!!!!!
I would homer out like never before if there is a clip of either Frederick or Martin doing this on the sideline Thursday.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I would homer out like never before if there is a clip of either Frederick or Martin doing this on the sideline Thursday.
Martin is more of the nasty SOB that says nothing but stuffs your nuts down your throat when he sees you. Love that kid.

Honestly, I hope Garrett is smart enough to use this as bulletin board material.

D

Deuce

Martin is more of the nasty SOB that says nothing but stuffs your nuts down your throat when he sees you. Love that kid.

Honestly, I hope Garrett is smart enough to use this as bulletin board material.
I think Frederick is that guy. Martin is trying to be, but I can see him being a guy who just snaps once in a while. When he does, this is what I want to see.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I hate to say I am getting stoked after reading an article, but dammit, that shit pissed me off.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
“Yeah, they’re OK. I don’t really know what’s great about them,” Logan said, via CSNPhilly.com. “The running back’s having a good year running, but I don’t see anything spectacular about them. Same offensive line we faced last year and they have one new guy. We faced them [before]. They’re OK linemen.”
Yea, I mean that one new guy is arguably the best OG in the league, so I guess that's cool.

As long as we don't get down early due to fucking up on special teams or by turning the ball over we should be able to run over them at will.

kidd

DCC 4Life
A lot of folks here think we'll expose philly for frauds.

Gawd I hope y'all are right!

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member

I thought the Packers did a pretty good job of that. I don't think they have beaten a single respectable team this year. They have basically beat up on the shit teams of the NFL.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
I thought the Packers did a pretty good job of that. I don't think they have beaten a single respectable team this year. They have basically beat up on the shit teams of the NFL.
They beat the Colts but it took a bunch of fluke penalties and missed calls down the stretch for that to happen.

jootep

Brand New Member
There is no team I hate more than the Eagles. From their idiot fans to average players like this clown talking smack.

Please sweet baby Jesus let us beat them the fuck down.

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard

Martin is the Arn Anderson of the 4 horsemen.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
I would also like to see Martin "throw him out the club" like Gronk did last week.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are

There is nothing to expose about Philly. It is clear that if anyone allows the QB to have their way they will move the ball. Their running game isn't great but it is good enough. You neutralized them by going after the QB and disrupt their passing game. The running game alone can not carry them. Their defense is good but they will have to load the box to stop Dallas' running game. If Dallas doesn't beat them with this approach it may be a long day for the offense. It's going to take a good game plan and completely different from what was used on the Skins.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Officials breakdown: Clete Blakeman
November, 25, 2014

By Todd Archer | ESPNDallas.com

IRVING, Texas -- For the second time this season, the Dallas Cowboys will have Clete Blakeman as the referee for a game.

Blakeman’s crew will work Thursday’s Dallas game against the Philadelphia Eagles. He worked the Cowboys’ Week 3 win against the St. Louis Rams. The Cowboys were penalized three times for 15 yards. The Rams had eight penalties for 119 yards.

Blakeman has worked three Cowboys games since 2010. The Cowboys are 2-1, beating the Pittsburgh Steelers (Week 15, 2012) and Rams and losing to the Jacksonville Jaguars (Week 8, 2010). In those contests, the Cowboys have been flagged 14 times for 96 yards. Their opponents have been penalized 14 times for 155 yards. The Steelers did not have a flag in the 2012 game.

Blakeman worked the Green Bay Packers-Minnesota Vikings game last week and threw 18 flags with 15 accepted penalties. The Packers were penalized eight times for 75 yards and the Vikings were flagged seven times for 77 yards.

The breakdown:

False start – 1
Intentional grounding – 1
Defensive pass interference – 1
Illegal shift – 1
Defensive holding – 3
Offensive holding – 5
Face mask – 1
Illegal block above the waist – 1
Interference with opportunity to catch kick – 1
Roughing the passer – 2
Neutral zone infraction - 1

Quarter-by-quarter:

First – 3
Second – 6
Third – 5
Fourth – 4

vince

Not So New Member
There is nothing to expose about Philly. It is clear that if anyone allows the QB to have their way they will move the ball. Their running game isn't great but it is good enough. You neutralized them by going after the QB and disrupt their passing game. The running game alone can not carry them. Their defense is good but they will have to load the box to stop Dallas' running game. If Dallas doesn't beat them with this approach it may be a long day for the offense. It's going to take a good game plan and completely different from what was used on the Skins.
I sure hope Scott Linehan learned from the Redskin game and has developed new ideas for playcalls against a stacked box...that was ridiculous.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
I sure hope Scott Linehan learned from the Redskin game and has developed new ideas for playcalls against a stacked box...that was ridiculous.
Philly will come with that defensive approach because it has proven on more than one occasion to be the way to shut down Romo.

Top Bottom