NBA Chatter Thread

D

Deuce

I never got the love for Smart...good luck to the Cs with him, but he is not a top 10 guy to me.
I think other than outside shooting, he's an all round player. I just hate using premium picks on players of the same position as your only all star.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Smart reminds me of a shorter Kawhi Leonard, so there's that. I also think Leonard benefits greatly by just how amazing the Spurs are as a team/organization/everything. He would be a solid player anywhere but going to the Spurs maxed his ceiling out in every way possible.

Smart will be a good player but I don't see him being a guy you want as the best player on your team.

D

Deuce

Smart reminds me of a shorter Kawhi Leonard, so there's that. I also think Leonard benefits greatly by just how amazing the Spurs are as a team/organization/everything. He would be a solid player anywhere but going to the Spurs maxed his ceiling out in every way possible.

Smart will be a good player but I don't see him being a guy you want as the best player on your team.
I'd take that at 6th overall.

Carp

DCC 4Life
I still can't believe Orlando gave up a future 1st for Payton.
We got our 17 back from the Bynum deal.

Also...they added a PG, which I thought they were moving Oladipo to.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
I'd take that at 6th overall.
Yea although I doubt he ends up as good as Kawhi since he doesn't have the benefit of being eased into things and helped along the way to max out his ceiling by a HOF coach, roster and organization in general.

Carp

DCC 4Life
I see alot more Tyreke Evans than Leonard in Smart.

Carp

DCC 4Life
Simmons has the Bulls trading Harris to the Knicks too. Great move to be able to send a player to 2 different teams.

Carp

DCC 4Life
We won't keep them all, so I won't fall too much in love with them.

D

Deuce

Sixers getting Russ Smith is a nice pickup.

edit:Nm, they traded him to NO for rights to Pierre Jackson.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deuce

@idiotsonsports: Sam Hinkie just drafted Air Bud's European cousin and will stash him for 7 years

Carp

DCC 4Life
Overall pretty happy with the draft...have to have patience though considering we won't see either Embiid or Saric this year...maybe Saric for 2 years. McDaniels is a guy I wanted, Jackson killed the NBDL, Micic was getting some love before the draft, Grant is just an athlete...not sure on position, and McRae is just a scorer. Getting another 2 and our 1st back was big too. Everything hinges on Embiid though...hope he can heal up.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
Overall pretty happy with the draft...have to have patience though considering we won't see either Embiid or Saric this year...maybe Saric for 2 years. McDaniels is a guy I wanted, Jackson killed the NBDL, Micic was getting some love before the draft, Grant is just an athlete...not sure on position, and McRae is just a scorer. Getting another 2 and our 1st back was big too. Everything hinges on Embiid though...hope he can heal up.
I feel exactly the same way. We have to wait a little bit but I thinkthey picked up somesolid contributors. But this whole draft hinges on Embiid. with his health he will be boom or bust. but its a good gamble because if he busts they will be back in the lottery again anyway to try again. But if he booms, the sky is the limit for him and for the team because in 2 years there will be a lot of pieces around him.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
I don't know what you guys are talking about. The clear winner was the Rockets. Look at all of the good pieces they got to surround Lebron and Carmelo.

Jiggyfly

Banned
Another reason to trust the McDermott pick is that he played in the Team USA camp or whatever it was last year, and was the only college player there. Thibodeau was an assistant for that team so he knows McDermott very well.
Marcus Smart was there as well but yeah its a good pick.

Top Bottom