User Tag List

Page 2 of 48 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Religion thread...

Quote Originally Posted by Iamtdg View Post
    Simply put, did god create all life, or just what we can see?
    Do you realize that by you asking these questions you are expressing there is no God. Therefore, these questions actually become moot when God is included.
    Since Day One

Quote Originally Posted by L.T. Fan View Post
    Do you realize that by you asking these questions you are expressing there is no God. Therefore, these questions actually become moot when God is included.
    I'm not at all. At worst, I'm insinuating the god celebrated by christians may not entirely be accurate.

Also, part of my point is, I can't automatically include god into the equation, which makes all of these questions all that more important to be answered.

Quote Originally Posted by Iamtdg View Post
    I'm not at all. At worst, I'm insinuating the god celebrated by christians may not entirely be accurate.
    But that is the only reference to Yaweh God and it is specific in the references used by Christians and Jews. Any other depiction that.disputes it isn't accepted by the followers of the faith. It makes him a counterfeit and mocks the established references.
    Since Day One

Oh man. I'm really going to try and stay out of it. I have shared my views on the subject many times over the years on this board. I understand that people have strong beliefs and I try to be respectful, but usually at some point I end up getting irritated/incredulous over something and start getting offensive. I don't want to go down that road.

Quote Originally Posted by E_D_Guapo View Post
    Oh man. I'm really going to try and stay out of it. I have shared my views on the subject many times over the years on this board. I understand that people have strong beliefs and I try to be respectful, but usually at some point I end up getting irritated/incredulous over something and start getting offensive. I don't want to go down that road.
    Yeah I am about to cease. I just thought I would accommodate the dawg a little.
    Since Day One

But that is the only reference to Yaweh God and it is specific in the references used by Christians and Jews. Any other depiction that.disputes it isn't accepted by the followers of the faith. It makes him a counterfeit and mocks the established references.
    The point of debating it is thinking of other possible solutions to the questions above. Like I said above I understand the faith thing, I just can't seem to have it myself. So, if you run purely on faith, more power to you. I have questions that can't be answered by the bible or any other christian I have ever talked to, including my dad.

This is the DCC Raw thread. In the rules it states we can cut loose in here. I want to talk religion. But, I can definitely understand you not wanting to if it causes you heartburn, but dammit, you are one of my few allies on here.

Stop screwing around and get your ass in here!

Listen, I didn't create this thread to cause hard feelings. It's not meant for that. I know that sometimes inherently hard feelings come from topics like this, but I meant more for this to be a civil discussion. We have some very smart posters here with very good opinions on stuff, and I life talking to most of you about religion. I hope we can have decent debates about this topic without any hurt feelings. If no one gets defensive, I think we can have a nice little back and forth about it.

11. The following user likes this post: