User Tag List

Page 1 of 51 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Religion thread...

One-armed Knife Sharpener Iamtdg's Avatar

Religion thread...

This forum has gotten boring. I know we have all discussed religion, but since we are going to have a Raw forum might as well make use of it.

• With all of the scientific evidence available to us about how much potential life is out there, how can the bible actually hold weight?
    • How can there be any credence to the idea that life begins and ends on our tiny planet amongst billions of other planets?
    • Are we the only planet that got lucky enough to create life out of billions?
    • Are we a crazy experiment by some other life force? Did we just happen by nature?
    • What happens when you die? What truly happens when a soul is conceived?
    • Or is a soul a revolving door that comes back again and again?

Tons of question.

Let's do this.

Quote Originally Posted by Iamtdg View Post
    This forum has gotten boring. I know we have all discussed religion, but since we are going to have a Raw forum might as well make use of it.

• With all of the scientific evidence available to us about how much potential life is out there, how can the bible actually hold weight?
    • How can there be any credence to the idea that life begins and ends on our tiny planet amongst billions of other planets?
    • Are we the only planet that got lucky enough to create life out of billions?
    • Are we a crazy experiment by some other life force? Did we just happen by nature?
    • What happens when you die? What truly happens when a soul is conceived?
    • Or is a soul a revolving door that comes back again and again?

Tons of question.

Let's do this.
    To all the above. There is no absolute answers everyone will accept or agree on. I believe because I choose to believe. That should take care of it for me.
    Since Day One

You son of a beech!

I can't think of any biblical reason against other possible life out there.

Having said that, mr science man...why hasn't your fancy science people found the yet?

With all of the scientific evidence available to us about how much potential life is out there, how can the bible actually hold weight? I say no.

How can there be any credence to the idea that life begins and ends on our tiny planet amongst billions of other planets? I can't imagine in any scenario we are the only living beings in this universe. We just aren't that damn important.

Are we the only planet that got lucky enough to create life out of billions? Same as above (maybe I shouldn't have repeated the question)

Are we a crazy experiment by some other life force? Did we just happen by nature? I doubt it.

What happens when you die? I do feel strongly that what the bible portrays is most likely a metaphor for us going back into better lives the better we live. RE: Hindusim

What truly happens when a soul is conceived? This is the one I struggle with the most. I do believe in some form of reincarnation, but how souls are connected in past and future lives is a bit of a conundrum. Is it random? Is it even religious? It connects with the question above.

Or is a soul a revolving door that comes back again and again? Yeah, I believe so.

Quote Originally Posted by L.T. Fan View Post
    To all the above. There is no absolute answers everyone will accept or agree on. I believe because I choose to believe. That should take care of it for me.
    And I respect that, obviously. Everyone knows my dad was a preacher, so I can see how that line of thinking applies. I just don't/can't have that kind of faith. Too many holes.

Quote Originally Posted by skidadl View Post
    You son of a beech!

I can't think of any biblical reason against other possible life out there.

Having said that, mr science man...why hasn't your fancy science people found the yet?
    Lots of room in the universe, and we can't see very much of it up close. I figure we are a very primitive species compared to what's out there.

I don't get what you are getting at as far as the bible being unreliable because there could be other life out there. I'm not seeing a correlation.

Quote Originally Posted by skidadl View Post
    I don't get what you are getting at as far as the bible being unreliable because there could be other life out there. I'm not seeing a correlation.
    It raises the question if god created life on just this planet or all of them if there is other life out there (and I can't imagine there isn't somewhere). Or is there a god for every planet with life on it? Did god create the dinosaurs first and then Adam and Eve? (Though I suppose that's another discussion)

Simply put, did god create all life, or just what we can see?

@Kbrown @E_D_Guapo @jeebs

What say ye?