NBA Chatter Thread

Carp

DCC 4Life
Vonleh looks like a real strong possibility now for the Sixers.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
The Bulls are supposedly interested in trading for Arron Afflalo, I like him alot and he is a pretty nice back-up plan if we can't get Melo although I don't know if it'd be enough to put us over the top unless Rose returns to full form.

If we can somehow move Butler and get both Melo and Afflalo, that'd be one scary team.

Carp

DCC 4Life
Afflalo is a solid defensive player too...so he fits the mold. Good shooter, which.the Bulls need.

D

Deuce

Except that there are a bunch of rumors that he's on the trade block.
So? I'n sure the Magic will part with anyone for a price. But I don't think they'll move him for a crappy pick or marginal player. It's not like they need cap relief.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
So? I'n sure the Magic will part with anyone for a price. But I don't think they'll move him for a crappy pick or marginal player. It's not like they need cap relief.
I'm guessing they want to move him now because they know he's going to opt out next summer and would rather get something for him now. They aren't going to salary dump him but it's not like they're in a complete position of power either.

Carp

DCC 4Life
I think for who might be there at 16 I'd definitely do it. Particularly if Payton is there.

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
Oh, I agree.

I wouldn't want either one of them back but would consider Bosh at a much much cheaper price than what he cost the last time. But ultimately, I'd rather just get rid of both those guys and put together a better all around core for Lebron.

However, I think Riley was being honest when he said he wants them back and he specifically mentioned Wade. I think he wants him to return and that is the one guy they shouldn't be bringing back.
Wouldn't mind seeing Bosh opt out and go to San Antonio.

Tony D

DCC 4Life
I agree about trading away MCW, they're basically the exact same player, overly tall, skinny PG's who can't really shoot.
But Exum is only 18. He's not close to a finished product. Will he be a better shooter in 5 years?

D

Deuce

But Exum is only 18. He's not close to a finished product. Will he be a better shooter in 5 years?
IMO, if you're drafting him to be a SG you're wasting a premium pick in a loaded draft. He's a big PG like MCW. Let him do what he does best but don't expect him to carry your scoring load...like Rondo.

Carp

DCC 4Life
IMO, if you're drafting him to be a SG you're wasting a premium pick in a loaded draft. He's a big PG like MCW. Let him do what he does best but don't expect him to carry your scoring load...like Rondo.
I think he can play there and I like finishers. If they don't take him and reach for Vonleh, Randle, etc...that is a bigger waste. The Sixers need talent...and he is the 3rd best talent in the draft. Worry about position later. I see some things where Mil wants him...so this may be a moot point.

Tony D

DCC 4Life
Maybe MCW is gone. And its not like Rondo is some great shooter. Who knows what Hinkie has in mind? I can't wait for Thursday night.

D

Deuce

Maybe MCW is gone. And its not like Rondo is some great shooter. Who knows what Hinkie has in mind? I can't wait for Thursday night.
That just doesn't mail sense to me. The NBA draft is the biggest crapshoot of them all and you unexpected hit on a player. So now trade him after 1 year?

D

Deuce

@ESPNSteinLine: RT @DJJazzyJody: Jazz are offering Derrick Favors, Alec Burks and No. 5 pick to Cavs for No. 1 pick & Jarrett Jack, according to @1280Spence

Tony D

DCC 4Life
That just doesn't mail sense to me. The NBA draft is the biggest crapshoot of them all and you unexpected hit on a player. So now trade him after 1 year?
Well, if they think they can get a better player for him then they'll trade him.

Jiggyfly

Banned
What am I missing about Vonleh?

With his size and tools he should be in the discussion for the top pick he has as much upside as anybody in the draft and plays with a high motor.

What is the consistent knock on him?

D

Deuce

ESPN reporting Lebron's agent informed the Heat he's opting out. This may just be his way to resign for the max with them, but holy shit this offseason just got more interesting.

Carp

DCC 4Life
What am I missing about Vonleh?

With his size and tools he should be in the discussion for the top pick he has as much upside as anybody in the draft and plays with a high motor.

What is the consistent knock on him?
The talent is certainly there, but to me he seems like a fairly passive guy. I prefer Randle to him because of that. This is not a slight at all...maybe it comes with age for him, but he did not seem like a guy who wanted to be front and center with Indiana. Randle got after it and just overpowered people...now he won't be able to do the exact same thing on the pro level, but I like guys who have a little junk yard dog in them.

Carp

DCC 4Life
ESPN reporting Lebron's agent informed the Heat he's opting out. This may just be his way to resign for the max with them, but holy shit this offseason just got more interesting.
There does seem to be some tension there with Lebron and Arison...we'll see. Part of me secretly roots that he goes back to Cleveland.

Top Bottom