2013 NFL Draft Chatter Thread--25-27 Apr

Status
Not open for further replies.

VA Cowboy

Brand New Member
Absolutely but I think we'll be disappointed when the card comes in for Vacarro.
The one thing that could save us is many have the Panthers or Saints taking him. But if he drops I think he'll be one of our main targets.

D

Deuce

So, what scares you about tonight? Not so much what Dallas will do, but what about other teams?

I think if Pittsburgh grabs Jarvis Jones their D is right back where they want to be with him and Woodley rushing together.

VA Cowboy

Brand New Member
Yep. He may not be the 7th BPA, but if you want a position bad enough you have to be willing to take him a bit early.
I think many are now leaping him over Warmack since he's an OT and Warmack is an OG.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I've been hearing there's a big drop off from Warmack/Cooper to Fluker, but recently have seen him ranked in the top 12 and now projected to go 11th.

I'd be happy with Cooper or Fluker but looking more and more like neither will be available.
I just don't think there are any more great run blocking OTs after Fluker in this draft. Supply and demand probably has something to do with it.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
The one thing that could save us is many have the Panthers or Saints taking him. But if he drops I think he'll be one of our main targets.
Just like last year when everyone was afraid of Barron at our original pick and he ended up long gone by then, I could see the same with Vacarro. He is a better prospect then most people on this message board want to admit because he doesn't play in the trenches.

VA Cowboy

Brand New Member
So, what scares you about tonight? Not so much what Dallas will do, but what about other teams?

I think if Pittsburgh grabs Jarvis Jones their D is right back where they want to be with him and Woodley rushing together.
Yeah, I think the Steelers are in great shape to grab Jones or one of the DL. Just keep reloading.

Also, the 49ers are so loaded with picks they can own this draft.

VA Cowboy

Brand New Member
Just like last year when everyone was afraid of Barron at our original pick and he ended up long gone by then, I could see the same with Vacarro. He is a better prospect then most people on this message board want to admit because he doesn't play in the trenches.
I don't think he's a junk player, just think we can find someone in the trenches with a similar grade.

D

Deuce

I'm also fearful that the Eagles will make a move for Geno Smith if he slips. He could be devastating in Pig Face's system.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Here is what you're going to get, learn it, live it, love it.

1. Tyler Eifert
2. Sio Moore
3. Joseph Randle
4. Josh Boyce
5. Jakar Hamilton
6. Some Donk 295 lb. OG/C from Southwest Northeastern Idaho St.

Cowboysrule122

Brand New Member
Add the Rams as team interested in Vacarro too. Also hearing that the Jets are interested in Vacarro.

Carp

DCC 4Life
Here is what you're going to get, learn it, live it, love it.

1. Tyler Eifert
2. Sio Moore
3. Joseph Randle
4. Josh Boyce
5. Jakar Hamilton
6. Some Donk 295 lb. OG/C from Southwest Northeastern Idaho St.
Ur a gay

Carp

DCC 4Life
I'm also fearful that the Eagles will make a move for Geno Smith if he slips. He could be devastating in Pig Face's system.
I'm fine with that...although he is more of a pocket passer than people realize, although he is black, so the assumption is that he is a read option guy.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Geno Smith is not much of a runner, I never really thought he was a great fit in Kelly's offense assuming he plans to have his QB running around like a chicken with it's head cut off.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Rob Rang and Prisco have Fluker to Arizona at #7.
Johnson's already taken? Sounds dubious...

Fluker is raw and unpolished and they'd do themselves a word of good trading down in that scenario. Hell, I hope it happens as it only pushes a better player to us.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
How did Sharrif Floyd create such a hughe gap between him and the other DTs? I just don't see it.
Yeah, I've been saying that all along. I can't figure out how or why he has shot up draft boards. He's not that damn good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom