Watkins: Is Dez Bryant an elite wide receiver?

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Is Dez Bryant an elite wide receiver?
June, 19, 2014

By Calvin Watkins | ESPNDallas.com

IRVING, Texas -- Dez Bryant earned his first Pro Bowl berth after a strong season with 93 catches for 1,233 yards and 13 touchdowns. It was puzzling that Pro Football Focus didn't rank Bryant among their list of the top 101 players in the league.

The website that grades every player in the league said Bryant struggled in the second half of the year.

Yet, Bryant is regarded among the best at his position.

"I don't think about it," Bryant said. "I'm a fan of a lot of these guys in the league. I'm just going to remain that way. I'm a huge fan of the NFL. I love the game. I love seeing other players make great plays, except against us. I'm just a huge fan of the NFL and all the players in the league."

Some of the best receivers in the league are Calvin Johnson, Larry Fitzgerald, Brandon Marshall, A.J. Green, Demaryius Thomas, DeSean Jackson and Andre Johnson.

"It felt good. It was an unbelievable experience," Bryant added about his experience with at the Pro Bowl. "I had a great time. It was good to talk about how they do it in their locker room and how we do it in our locker room. Talk about different drills and what makes you good at this and what makes you good at that. It was good conversation."

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I'd take him over everyone not named Calvin Johnson. And he is young as hell still.

BipolarFuk

Demoted
The website that grades every player in the league said Bryant struggled in the second half of the year.
48 rec 592 yards 5 TDs 12.3 YPC

Good numbers for an elite possession WR.

Do you want to pay 15 million a year for it though?

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
If the defense clamps down on Bryant and Witten there's not many other places to go, especially when you refuse to run the football.

fortsbest

DCC 4Life
If we have any semblance of a running game with the way the O-line should be improved, I think Dez has the opportunity to put up even bigger numbers than he has. I hope so anyway. If nothing else he is the most fun person to watch with the ball in his hands.

Top Bottom