JJT: Dez Bryant inspires Jason Garrett to run down sideline

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Dez Bryant inspires Jason Garrett to run down sideline
November, 10, 2014

By Jean-Jacques Taylor | ESPNDallas.com

LONDON -- Jason Garrett saw Dez Bryant sprinting down the right sideline after hauling in a long pass from Tony Romo in the second quarter, so he started sprinting, too.

Bryant’s 68-yard catch with 19 seconds left in the first half gave the Cowboys a 24-7 halftime and left Garrett breathing heavily.

“I wouldn’t describe it as a sprint,” Garrett said with a grin. “I don’t think anybody would.

“Really, the issue there is that I thought he went down the first time, and then I thought he went down the second time. We were trying to get a timeout called because there were just over 30 seconds
when the ball was snapped.”

Garrett was also feeling constrained. In the United States, all the coaches use wireless headsets, which obviously give them freedom of movement. At Wembley Stadium, wireless headsets weren’t used because of a frequency difference in the signals used in the U.S. and those in England, forcing the coaches to wear headsets with long cords that restrict movement.

“We’re using those cords today -- typically we’re wireless -- so we had a couple of instances where I got kind of pulled back," said Garrett, "and that was one of them.”

Robot schmobot.​

Top Bottom