User Tag List

Page 653 of 654 FirstFirst ... 153553603643651652653654 LastLast
Results 6,521 to 6,530 of 6532

Thread: MLB Chatter Thread

One-armed Knife Sharpener Iamtdg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rev View Post
    Sadly I don't think it is. I've seen his tweets before. Dumbass is too consistent.
    In that case.... wow.
    2016 DCC LOTY Fantasy Football Champion

One-armed Knife Sharpener Iamtdg's Avatar
    Just realized who that is. He always tweets on Evan Grants stuff about the Rangers. When I say tweets I actually mean makes a fool of himself and Evan let's him have it. Its actually quite comical. I should tag Evan on that just to see him go off.
    And, right after I tagged him Twitter made me verify myself for "possibly violating Twitter policies". So, @jack is an Astros fan?
    2016 DCC LOTY Fantasy Football Champion

That guy is persona non grata on Astros Twitter. Some people think it is a fan of another team trolling to make Astros fans look bad.

5. The following user likes this post:

Ya, I'm not the tallest guy but I would not subject myself to that, especially with other people in the stadium still. Hell, just as her to take her hooker heels off instead.

Just a guess, but I bet he was just messing around. A teammate probably threw the bucket out there when they saw how much tolerance she was. Especially with her shoes.

Tolerance?

Fucking auto correct.

Home run derby tonight got me to thinking about the old home run derby show that I used to watch as a kid.

I think it was ESPN who used to run re-runs of a home run derby TV series from the 1960s. It was a 30-minute one-on-one home run competition with March Madness like brackets. As a kid I loved it because I was really into MLB back in the late 80s and I used to read up on all the old players from previous generations.

So I loved that I got to watch footage of guys like Hank Aaron, Ernie Banks, and Mickey Mantle competing against each other. We take it for granted now because we live in the YouTube era and can instantly pull up old video of those guys on our phones. But back then it felt like a big deal getting to watch footage of the legends of the game.

Does anyone else remember watching this show?

Quote Originally Posted by 1bigfan13 View Post
    Home run derby tonight got me to thinking about the old home run derby show that I used to watch as a kid.

I think it was ESPN who used to run re-runs of a home run derby TV series from the 1960s. It was a 30-minute one-on-one home run competition with March Madness like brackets. As a kid I loved it because I was really into MLB back in the late 80s and I used to read up on all the old players from previous generations.

So I loved that I got to watch footage of guys like Hank Aaron, Ernie Banks, and Mickey Mantle competing against each other. We take it for granted now because we live in the YouTube era and can instantly pull up old video of those guys on our phones. But back then it felt like a big deal getting to watch footage of the legends of the game.

Does anyone else remember watching this show?
    Sure do and loved watching it. Getting to see historical players battling it out was fun to see.

I don't even know who is participating this year but I do know Choo was asked. Don't think he accepted and really surprised he was considered. I know he is having a good year (finally getting what we paid for) but wouldn't consider him a homerun threat.
    #Fire Garrett

Sure do and loved watching it. Getting to see historical players battling it out was fun to see.

I don't even know who is participating this year but I do know Choo was asked. Don't think he accepted and really surprised he was considered. I know he is having a good year (finally getting what we paid for) but wouldn't consider him a homerun threat.
    After submitting my post I ran to YouTube to see if the old videos were online and sure enough they're all online.

I just watched about half of the first episode, Mickey Mantle vs Willie Mays. I forgot that the competition was in a 3 outs per inning, 9-inning format.

This is something that I'd love to see some of the current home run hitters do. Even if it's just for one offseason.

The funny thing about the original version was the relatively low (by today's standards) prize money involved. The winner took home $2,000. The loser $1,000. They also received $500 bonuses if they hit 3 home runs in a row.