The Running Back position will doom us or not thread...

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
I doubt it. It's probably more likely Jerry doing a favor for an old buddy and form Arkansas player. By working him out it kind of keeps his name on the radar for other teams. I wouldn't read much into this.
So they work out Felix AND Tate, but they are only doing it for favors and stuff?

Oh, ok.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
What's guaranteed?
This is the same thing I said when Sanchez claimed Tebow was brought in to be a camp body.

These are not the type of players you bring in when you want camp bodies.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Is that not what Dunbar and Williams are already?
Dunbar yes. Like I said, I really doubt he'll make the final roster. Williams, I can see making the final 53.

Kidding, right?

Felix isn't a cheap camp body, neither is Tate. A UDFA is a cheap camp body.
Why would that have to be kidding? We could sign them to a billion dollar contract and get out from under it as long as it's not guaranteed or with a big signing bonus. So yeah, as long as they don't have big guaranteed money, which I sincerely doubt either guy would get, they would be a cheap camp body.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
So they work out Felix AND Tate, but they are only doing it for favors and stuff?

Oh, ok.
Teams work out scrubs all the time. If we brought in some RBs for a workout I'm not surprised to we would bring in a guy Jerry is friends with. If we look at a scrub QB it doesn't mean the team isn't happy with Tony Romo. To read into anything from a workout is just silly. Talk to me when we start signing guys.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
This is the same thing I said when Sanchez claimed Tebow was brought in to be a camp body.

These are not the type of players you bring in when you want camp bodies.
Hell they aren't even to the level of camp bodies yet. We'd actually have to sign them first. I'm also no following the logic as to why a veteran can't be brought in as a camp body? Their money isn't guaranteed as long as they aren't on the roster to start the season. Wouldn't you want the best possible players to be brought in as camp bodies?

D

Deuce

Vinstile? I didn't realize you worked for MeUndies.:art

That is very interesting. I wonder what kind of RB they could get if they packaged him and Leary.
~crosses fingers for Tre Mason or Latavious Murray~

E_D_Guapo

Brand New Member
I like the player but I hate the fact that we'd be in the same situation again next offseason more then likely.
Meh. That doesn't bother me a whole lot. They'll have a chance to take one in the draft again and if they don't get a guy they like then odds are they acquire another via FA or trade. They'll get a good RB in the draft eventually. Hopefully next year. If not I don't think it is the end of the world to piece a backfield together for a couple seasons. If they get the right guys it should work fine. Granted, it does not inspire a whole lot of confidence that they may see Darren McFadden as a potential centerpiece...

dallen

Senior Tech
I like the player but I hate the fact that we'd be in the same situation again next offseason more then likely.
Needing to replace an all-pro running back that just had a record breaking season? I'll take it

p1_

DCC 4Life
So it appears that we're a stop along the NFL free agent running backs parade of spares. Nice...

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Even in the most optimum conditions, I doubt even homers predicted that murray would break emmitt's single season rushing record.
I didn't predict Murray would break records but I did know he was an outstanding back and would have a .successful pro career. I have seen every game he played in college and was relying on my observations rather than aligning with draft pundits. I knew I had seen more of him than they had.

p1_

DCC 4Life
I didn't predict Murray would break records but I did know he was an outstanding back and would have a .successful pro career. I have seen every game he played in college and was relying on my observations rather than aligning with draft pundits. I knew I had seen more of him than they had.
Its not the same when you claim it retroactively with benefit of hindsight. At the time, you typically claim that we don't know what will happen, that we will have to wait and see.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Its not the same when you claim it retroactively with benefit of hindsight. At the time, you typically claim that we don't know what will happen, that we will have to wait and see.
I claimed it when he was drafted. There should be enough folks on this site who will remember it.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
I'm not comfortable with what we've done at RB but I understand the logic. Who here would've thought Justin Forsett would be one of the best RB's in the league last year?

Where did he come from?

Knowshon Moreno 2 years ago?

These are guys who bounced around the league doing nothing but caught fire under the right circumstances.

If it were up to me I'd want to go for broke considering Romo's age and I'd have poured a bit more resources into the position, but I can understand if the front office just didn't like how the draft fell and thought they could upgrade other areas of need instead. Gambling on catching lighting in a bottle with some schlub isn't a great course of action, but behind our OL it isn't an impossible gamble.

The fact that we are still seemingly searching for guys via trade or free agency makes me feel a bit better though, like we won't just rest on what we have even if it looks like it will suck.

And no matter what happens I won't regret letting Murray go for the price he was paid, I will bitch about not trying to do more in the draft or free agency though.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
You are being facetious because I rarely say that. I hear it a lot from other posters but actually stating it is very occassional and not usual as you state. Claiming I don't know about something is simply an admission of the way I feel rather than making a prediction on something I don't care to predict or know about.

Jiggyfly

Banned
You are being facetious because I rarely say that. I hear it a lot from other posters but actually stating it is very occassional and not usual as you state. Claiming I don't know about something is simply an admission of the way I feel rather than making a prediction on something I don't care to predict or know about.
:unsure

Top Bottom