NFL insider Peter King: I think Adrian Peterson is gonna be a Dallas Cowboy

p1_

DCC 4Life
NFL insider Peter King: I think Adrian Peterson is gonna be a Dallas Cowboy

Sports Illustrated NFL insider Peter King joined The Ticket KTCK-AM 1310. Here are some highlights.

On the Cowboys

Peter King: I think they need Romo, as everybody who watched the game against Arizona saw. Arizona had no fear of Brandon Weeden beating them, so they crowded the box a little more than normal teams have done. They basically loaded up to stop DeMarco Murray. You're gonna see more of that if Weeden has to play. That's why Romo playing this week, and I anticipate that he will, is absolutely vital or I think they would be in severe danger of losing this game.

On Adrian Peterson playing in the future for Dallas

Peter King: It just makes sense to me. If I had to go put money in Vegas on where Adrian Peterson would play, I'm not sure I would put it on Dallas. But sometimes you just get a feeling about things, about where you think something is headed. I just think Adrian Peterson, before he retires, is gonna be a Cowboy. I just do. I've always thought it and long before Jerry had that silly flirtation with him last year. He's a Texas guy. It strikes me as something Jerry would want to do. I have no inside information whatsoever. But if you ask me my gut feeling, if Adrian Peterson is out there on the street and the Cowboys have some cap room. I think the Cowboys will be interested in him. And everybody will say, 'wait a second. That's crazy. DeMarco Murray. They have to sign him.' There's no question about it. But I don't think the Cowboys are going to pay DeMarco Murray anywhere near what he wants to be paid. I think they'll end up reaching some agreement with him when push comes to shove. You're silly to pay running backs half of quarterback money in my opinion.

~~~~

Thoughts?

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Not what I want but it's looking more and more like that's where it's going.

I just hope Peterson is still able to be the same explosive guy a year from now.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
I wonder what kind of suspension he is going to face now? Earlier in the year when Goodell was ruling with an iron fist I would have said it would last into next season. Now Im not sure.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Not what I want but it's looking more and more like that's where it's going.

I just hope Peterson is still able to be the same explosive guy a year from now.
I dont see any real up side to adding a high dollar down sided RB to a team who already has a proven RB who is young and can be retained for less than Petersen. What would be the point since most folks seem to think the running game in Dallas is not utilized properly now. How much do you allocate to each? Do you send the younger one down the road and rely on the downsider? It makes no sense to me but this is Dallas after all.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
It wouldn't be both.
That's why I say it doesn't make sense to keep a high dollar, used hard back , and release a young proven less expensive back

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
That's why I say it doesn't make sense to keep a high dollar, used hard back , and release a young proven less expensive back
The problem is that I think Murray is going to ask for the moon, and you simply cannot pay a RB that in this day and age when RB's are so easy to find.

Being 31 and coming off recent issues, Peterson is actually likely to be cheaper than Murray.

I hope we can get something done with Murray because I'm a big fan of his, but I think he's gonna take more money elsewhere.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
I think a lot will have to do with Dez. If we can get a contract then they can franchise Murray.

p1_

DCC 4Life
The problem is that I think Murray is going to ask for the moon, and you simply cannot pay a RB that in this day and age when RB's are so easy to find.

Being 31 and coming off recent issues, Peterson is actually likely to be cheaper than Murray.

I hope we can get something done with Murray because I'm a big fan of his, but I think he's gonna take more money elsewhere.

I'm in this camp.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
I wonder what kind of suspension he is going to face now? Earlier in the year when Goodell was ruling with an iron fist I would have said it would last into next season. Now Im not sure.
On NFL radio, they were saying he should be reinstated effective immediately. With this plea deal, his innocence or guilt was never determined, pleading no contest. Or something like that... I'm probably not remembering exactly word for word.

And by that reasoning, they think that him missing 8 games is more than enough punishment.

D

Deuce

I think you have it backwards. Demarco is going to be commanding top dollar. AP is coming off this horrible situation. I think he can be had much cheaper.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
I'd take Peterson on a 2-3 year deal and a guy like Abdullah in the 2nd over re-signing Murray for 7-8 per year every single time.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
I'd take Peterson on a 2-3 year deal and a guy like Abdullah in the 2nd over re-signing Murray for 7-8 per year every single time.
As would I, only I'd rather have Melvin Gordon.

His style and build is NFL made. Abdullah is a playmaker, no doubt about it, but he strikes as more of a Reggie Bush type.

Now, Reggie has become a pretty good back, but he was more of a niche player for his entire tenure in New Orleans, and that's why I see Abdullah becoming as well.

D

Deuce

As would I, only I'd rather have Melvin Gordon.

His style and build is NFL made. Abdullah is a playmaker, no doubt about it, but he strikes as more of a Reggie Bush type.

Now, Reggie has become a pretty good back, but he was more of a niche player for his entire tenure in New Orleans, and that's why I see Abdullah becoming as well.
I think Abdullah is a little more of an every down back that Bush.

Angrymesscan

DCC 4Life
If someone on the front office has half a brain they'll use the other as leverage and sign whoever signs for less of the two.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
I think Abdullah is a little more of an every down back that Bush.
Maybe, but I still think Gordon is a much better player and his game will translate right away to the NFL.

Carp

DCC 4Life
Yeldon is a guy who scares me...sometimes he looks like a stud, other times he is the Bruce Carter or RBs. He has all the tools, but just so damn inconsistent.

Top Bottom