Week 12 Thanksgiving Chatter Thread | Cowboys vs. Panthers | 11/26/2015

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
The ironic thing is that losing out and getting a high draft pick is exactly what we all want to do now, so we don't even want to see him coach it up and go 6-10.
Just because we want a high draft pick doesn't mean we want to waste that draft pick on a shit coach.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
To change the subject, I'm not sure I want guys like Hardy and McClain back. It feels kinda like the early 2000s when we'd bring in high profile mercs and they would give us 60 cents on the dollar and the underachievement would be kinda embarrassing.

Of course Demarcus Lawrence giving us nothing kinda ties our hands on that.

GShock

DCC 4Life
To change the subject, I'm not sure I want guys like Hardy and McClain back. It feels kinda like the early 2000s when we'd bring in high profile mercs and they would give us 60 cents on the dollar and the underachievement would be kinda embarrassing.

Of course Demarcus Lawrence giving us nothing kinda ties our hands on that.
I think you forgot that we can rely on Sean Lee and Randy Gregory to pick up that slack, so...

VA Cowboy

Brand New Member
We don't know that he sucks. What we know is that last time he had a healthy QB he went 12-4.

If he proves incapable of making the playoffs with similar talent, then it's probably time to try something else.
A healthy QB and the leagues rushing leader while Linehan replaced him as OC.

Garrett has shown absolutely zilch as a HC or OC.

VA Cowboy

Brand New Member
You don't want to give him that chance simply because you don't like him, but the vast majority of owners who liked a coach enough to give him a five year extension last year is never going to run their coach off for losing his starting QB the very next year. If you think otherwise you're the one not being rational.
You tied your wagon to Garrett from day one and just like Jerry can't admit you were wrong. The fact JJ was dumb enough to give him an extension should be irrelevant in the discussion of whether JG deserves to come back.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Who re-opened this thread? I guess someone is wanting Smitty banned. :unsure

p1_

DCC 4Life
As of this morning, and with 5 games left on the schedule, Garrett is a lifetime 44 and 39.

Let's play a game. What are the chances that at the end of the season, his record is..... wait for it.....
44 and 44?

I got a $100 says its the Brady Bottle Lock. It is written in the stars, and it will come to pass.

Sad thing is, we are stuck with this mediocrity because of last year's record. This is what we have to
look forward to fellas. A lifetime of .500 ball.

Last edited:

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
The ironic thing is that losing out and getting a high draft pick is exactly what we all want to do now, so we don't even want to see him coach it up and go 6-10.
If we have fewer than 3 wins even Garrett who has been Jerry's boy has to worry about his job.

There is too much talent on this team not to win at least that many.

Cassel will only improve, so I don't foresee a 3-13 finish.

data

Forbes #1
I hope the remaining home games don't sell out and game-time revenue is way down.

You'll see jerruh take ppl to the woodshed.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
I hope the remaining home games don't sell out and game-time revenue is way down.

Time to dust off CFR?

:tippytoe

p1_

DCC 4Life
Especially with the gut punch that is the Romo re-injury. This team is going to completely quit.
And if you really think about it, if the Giants didn't go brain dead in the season opener, we really should be 2-9.

p1_

DCC 4Life

I think you will see diminished crowds for sure. However, Jerry and the woodshed doesn't help, unless he can
find it in his conscious to begin with himself. All else is window dressing.

data

Forbes #1
Draft day 2016 is gun' be good when we grab another 2nd Round TE

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
I think people forgot how lucky we were that Romo was mostly healthy last year. It doesn't matter that Jason Garrett will be back in 2016 because we'll also probably be in that 2000 Troy Aikman mode with Romo, knowing it's over, waiting to make him a post June 1st cut in 2017.

We probably won't draft a QB even if we finish 3-13, but that's ok, we'll be just as bad next year.

Top Bottom