Travis Frederick video

P_T

Baddest MoFo Around

This is him vs Michigan State... he played pretty well, had one mistake (nothing Romo would not be unfamiliar with), but he does play with good leverage. At the 3:10 mark, he stands up and holds his ground one-on-one vs. Michigan State's DT.

vs. Stanford.

vtcowboy

I'm certainly no expert when it comes to evaluating football players, but it's clear at least in these two games that Wisconsin directed the vast majority of its running plays to go up the middle, right behind Frederick. I think that shows the team and the coaches had a great deal of confidence in him.

In the Stanford video, I didn't see him really screw up except when his man perfectly guessed the snap and blew past him before he could get out of his stance.

Maybe we could have had him in the 2nd, but he seems like a real solid player at least.

lostxn

DCC 4Life
I'm certainly no expert when it comes to evaluating football players, but it's clear at least in these two games that Wisconsin directed the vast majority of its running plays to go up the middle, right behind Frederick. I think that shows the team and the coaches had a great deal of confidence in him.

In the Stanford video, I didn't see him really screw up except when his man perfectly guessed the snap and blew past him before he could get out of his stance.

Maybe we could have had him in the 2nd, but he seems like a real solid player at least.
I think you're right. This was a solid player picked at a need position. Perhaps a bit of a reach but there was such a run on offensive linemen, he likely wouldn't have lasted to our next pick.

I'm putting the razer blades away now.

I still maintain Jerry got ass raped on the trade. Love that the journalists called him on the point differential.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
He spent a little too much time on the ground for my taste against Stanford but I can't really complain too much when they racked up over 200 yards rushing against one of the best run defenses in the country with basically no threat of the passing game at all.

There's a reason Montee Ball averaged over 5.0 YPC last year when they had nearly no passing game and everybody loaded up against the run despite the fact that Frederick was the only returning interior starter from the previous year on the OL.

Last edited:

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
I still maintain Jerry got ass raped on the trade. Love that the journalists called him on the point differential.
The strength of the draft is in the 2nd and 3rd round, so the 3rd round picks are worth more than normal. I mentioned this when the whole topic of trading down came up a couple of days ago. Dallas came out with a wash.

Gotta ask was the guy at 18 better than Frederick at 31. Sounds like they were Hell-bent on an OL, so is Frederick better than Pugh or Long who were the only OL to go before Frederick and after 18. FWIW, NFL.com has Pugh ranked 73, Long 77, and Frederick 78.7.

I dislike reaching for need and think they should have drafted Floyd at 18. But overall I am not disappointed if Frederick is a player and unlike NY and Chicago they do have that extra 3rd now.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I may be alone in this but I like Frederick way more then Pugh and Long.

D

Deuce

I may be alone in this but I like Frederick way more then Pugh and Long.
I did too and I was a Pugh fan.

I'll be honest, out of the 3 OL taken in the NFCE yesterday I like ours the best. Frederick was just a higher rated player than Pugh and I'm not a fan of Lane Johnson. He looks like Jason Smith part 2 to me and I hope he has the same career.

Hawkeye19

Brand New Member
I agree. Whether he plays C or G-- he's smart, nasty, and an awesome run blocker-- which is pretty much what exactly what we need in the interior of the OL.

Top Bottom