The first commitee session....

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Where exactly did McFadden look more impressive than Randle? Was it his one nice reception? Randle looked pretty good himself catching the ball. Or was it his 2.7 yd rushing avg that did it? Randle certainly didn't set the world on fire, but I'm not really sure how anybody would come to the conclusion that McFadden earned more snaps than Randle.
This message board is real funny when it comes to Randle. If Murray for example averages 1 YPC for the Eagles it's because they aren't using him right. When Randle gets you over 4 ypc and has some good receiving yards, he sucks.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
Where exactly did McFadden look more impressive than Randle? Was it his one nice reception? Randle looked pretty good himself catching the ball. Or was it his 2.7 yd rushing avg that did it? Randle certainly didn't set the world on fire, but I'm not really sure how anybody would come to the conclusion that McFadden earned more snaps than Randle.
It's the eye test. McFadden Showed much more burst, he showed the ability to understand his blockers, He showed more vision,And basic understanding Of what it takes to be a runner.I feel like Randall is just sloppy and does not understand what is going on in front of him. It is hard to compare yards per carry when there is such a disparity of caries. Does anyone think that Randall was better than Murray last year, Even though Randle Had A better yards per carry? You simply just have to know what you are looking at. McFadden wasn't wonderful the other night, but he showed just a better understanding of what he's doing. And his first drive, that whole drive he was really good. He tapered off after that, but I wonder what it would look like if he got more consistent carries.

Jiggyfly

Banned
Yep.

Jiggyfly

Banned
It's the eye test. McFadden Showed much more burst, he showed the ability to understand his blockers, He showed more vision,And basic understanding Of what it takes to be a runner.I feel like Randall is just sloppy and does not understand what is going on in front of him. It is hard to compare yards per carry when there is such a disparity of caries. Does anyone think that Randall was better than Murray last year, Even though Randle Had A better yards per carry? You simply just have to know what you are looking at. McFadden wasn't wonderful the other night, but he showed just a better understanding of what he's doing. And his first drive, that whole drive he was really good. He tapered off after that, but I wonder what it would look like if he got more consistent carries.
McFadden tripped over Frederick with a big hole to his left and showed no patience in letting his blocks develop.

The only thing he does great is accelerate through the hole, I have seen nothing about his vision that is great or understanding of what he is looking at and that goes back to preseason.

Randles 15 yard carry was the most impressive run of the night he showed good vision and finished with some power.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Randle has no speed or power as a runner. He is average. McFadden has above-average speed and thus there's something there to work with.

Clearly something must be wrong with McFadden or else he'd be getting the carries and targets Randle got.

Maybe it's just time spent in practice. If so, then why even trade for Christine Michael if it takes an act of God to get any PT.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Randle has no speed or power as a runner. He is average. McFadden has above-average speed and thus there's something there to work with.

Clearly something must be wrong with McFadden or else he'd be getting the carries and targets Randle got.

Maybe it's just time spent in practice. If so, then why even trade for Christine Michael if it takes an act of God to get any PT.
Randle runs with a shit ton more power then McFadden. It's why Randle consistently got 2-3 yards even when there wasn't a hole there and McFadden, well got 0.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are

McFadden is like a, time bomb. He can explode with an injury at anytime. Something is screwball about his presence on the team. The organization went out of their way to acquire him because of his presumed talent and yet they can't see fit to use him for more than half dozen times. It all stinks to high heaven especially when another back was ushered in to the roster just before th e season started. I think some one knows he is on thin ice health wise. Just my observation. If he doesn't see more game time with Philly then I say there's rat in the cheese.

Angrymesscan

DCC 4Life
McFadden looks like a Murray, but is more of a Dunbar.
Why have Dunbar and McFadden, two apparently specialty backs on the team...? :shrug

p1_

DCC 4Life
McFadden looks like a Murray, but is more of a Dunbar.
Why have Dunbar and McFadden, two apparently specialty backs on the team...? :shrug
Because one McFadden, one Dunbar, one Randle and one Christine are supposed to replace one Murray.

Top Bottom