Dez considering holding out for opener...

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
Maybe I did.

You seem to be saying he should be happy with the total of this and next years franchise total as his long term contract bonus money.

That's still under 30 guaranteed which is still on the low side IMO.

The other part is for the people saying he should be happy to be franchised 2 years in a row.
I'm not saying he should be happy with it. I'm saying that his tweet implying it's about getting a long-term deal and not about the money is b.s.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
I'm not saying he should be happy with it. I'm saying that his tweet implying it's about getting a long-term deal and not about the money is b.s.
I think he is saying it is about the money. He is saying 13 mill is cool this year but way more guaranteed over more years would be much better long term security for him.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
You sure are painting with a broad brush, how many guys do you think fit this criteria on this team?

Are you saying if you were fired you would just give up any money owed you in a contract?

And really what about incompetance and Dez go together?
Read again. I am saying I have an.aversion for these type contracts being awarded to anyone.

Jiggyfly

Banned
Read again. I am saying I have an.aversion for these type contracts being awarded to anyone.
Why it's not your money and it certainly is not hurting JJ's pocket.

Do you not believe in free enterprise or capitalism?

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Why it's not your money and it certainly is not hurting JJ's pocket.

Do you not believe in free enterprise or capitalism?
You apparently don't because in free enterprise and capitalism you get what you earn. The type contracts aren't earned. They are quarenteed regardless.

Jiggyfly

Banned
You apparently don't because in free enterprise and capitalism you get what you earn. The type contracts aren't earned. They are quarenteed regardless.
How are they not earned?

Are teams just giving out contracts because?

I think you need to do some reading.
Free Enterprise:
an economic and political doctrine holding that a capitalist economy can regulate itself in a freely competitive market through the relationship of supply and demand with a minimum of governmental intervention and regulation.

Last edited:

Cotton

Staff member
Well, by this model it can be argued that they earned the contract by previous years of play.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
I think he is saying it is about the money. He is saying 13 mill is cool this year but way more guaranteed over more years would be much better long term security for him.
He's trying to mask the issue behind "security". But in reality security translates to "money".

He's implying that 13 mil for a year salary isn't the problem, the problem is there's no guarantee he'd get paid next year and the year and so forth.

I'm saying if the cowboys offered him a deal that gave him 13mil a year and long-term security he wouldn't want to take it. I think he wants 15-17 million per year.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
How are they not earned?

Are teams just giving out contracts because?
Take your argument elsewhere. You apparently have a different opinion. I don't abide with money being guarenteed whether a person fullfills the terns of their service. After they have lived up to the terms and performed the service then they have earned it and should be paid. That's my opinion.

Jiggyfly

Banned
He's trying to mask the issue behind "security". But in reality security translates to "money".

He's implying that 13 mil for a year salary isn't the problem, the problem is there's no guarantee he'd get paid next year and the year and so forth.

I'm saying if the cowboys offered him a deal that gave him 13mil a year and long-term security he wouldn't want to take it. I think he wants 15-17 million per year.
Could be true but we are all speculating as to what he really wants.

Jiggyfly

Banned
Take your argument elsewhere. You apparently have a different opinion. I don't abide with money being guarenteed whether a person fullfills the terns of their service. After they have lived up to the terms and performed the service then they have earned it and should be paid. That's my opinion.

Players are let go all the time with no further money being paid from contracts signed, what exactly are you talking about this is not baseball of basketball.

What happens when a player outperforms their contract as Dez has done the last 2 years should the team renegotiate?

Cotton

Staff member

He's implying that 13 mil for a year salary isn't the problem, the problem is there's no guarantee he'd get paid next year
Well, yeah. I don't get the discrepancy. You think he should have used different words?

townsend

Banned
The only fear I have with Dez is that we may do like the Arizona Cardinals and have a question mark at QB for several years after Romo retires. If the game against Arizona is any indication, even Dez can't be great when the QB is a putz.

Jiggyfly

Banned
The only fear I have with Dez is that we may do like the Arizona Cardinals and have a question mark at QB for several years after Romo retires. If the game against Arizona is any indication, even Dez can't be great when the QB is a putz.
Yeah but AZ has also had issues on the o-line compounding the QB problem by not having any running game.

Another QB is going to at least be able to play off a running attack.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Players are let go all the time with no further money being paid from contracts signed, what exactly are you talking about this is not baseball of basketball.

What happens when a player outperforms their contract as Dez has done the last 2 years should the team renegotiate?
This may be the most absurd post you have made. He is paid to perform at his best all the time for whatever he agrees to. How can anyone outperform a contract? The bonus system was derived for such occasions as you describe and that is a descretionary thing for the employer after the fact.

Jiggyfly

Banned
This may be the most absurd post you have made. He is paid to perform at his best all the time for whatever he agrees to. How can anyone outperform a contract? The bonus system was derived for such occasions as you describe and that is a descretionary thing for the employer after the fact.
Yeah I am the one being absurd.:lol

Using this logic nobody is incompetent as long as they try their best.

Glad to see you are fine with what Carr is making and you must have been upset with Free taking a pay cut because by god they tried their best.

Anyway I am done with this because you are completely off the rails here.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Yeah I am the one being absurd.:lol

Using this logic nobody is incompetent as long as they try their best.

Glad to see you are fine with what Carr is making and you must have been upset with Free taking a pay cut because by god they tried their best.

Anyway I am done with this because you are completely off the rails here.
Thanks for being finished.

Cotton

Staff member

townsend

Banned
Good news. Jerry's huggy grandpa is a perfect compliment to Stephen's conservative bean counting.

Cotton

Staff member
Good news. Jerry's huggy grandpa is a perfect compliment to Stephen's conservative bean counting.

Top Bottom