Draft Chatter Thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
No. But I remember seeing it in both the Fargo and Bismarck papers. It's not like it was full blown articles about the NFL teams. Only mentioned that NFL scouts were interested in Wentz, and mentioned the two teams. The first mention was at the beginning of the season, and then I remember it being mentioned while he was rehabbing his wrist. That the teams were still interested, requesting game tape, etc...
Interesting, I'll take your word for it, and it would certainly be an encouraging sign if our scouts were checking in on him throughout the season.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Interesting, I'll take your word for it, and it would certainly be an encouraging sign if our scouts were checking in on him throughout the season.
Well, he is a ginger. So you know damn good and well that Garrett has had his beady eyes on him for a while.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

:picard

VA Cowboy

Brand New Member

Probably won't happen but if it did it might be interesting for the draft if they felt they didn't need to take a QB in the first.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are

Probably won't happen but if it did it might be interesting for the draft if they felt they didn't need to take a QB in the first.
I would like to have McCarron as a developmental QB.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Pretty sure if the Bengals traded a very high 3rd for McCarron it'd be for him to start, not just so they can turn around and take a QB at 2.

Who is this Ludwig guy?

Anybody credible?

If not it's probably complete BS, although it's an easy logical deduction to assume that a coach with an offensive/QB background would go after a guy they have worked with/groomed for 2 years.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch

A top of the round 3rd for AJ McCarron? I would jump at that if I were them. I don't think McCarron will ever be more than a journeyman backup, spot starter.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
A top of the round 3rd for AJ McCarron? I would jump at that if I were them. I don't think McCarron will ever be more than a journeyman backup, spot starter.
Yep. I think he can become a long term starter.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Cleveland should as well. They will get that 3rd back from Jerry.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Pretty sure if the Bengals traded a very high 3rd for McCarron it'd be for him to start, not just so they can turn around and take a QB at 2.

Who is this Ludwig guy?

Anybody credible?

If not it's probably complete BS, although it's an easy logical deduction to assume that a coach with an offensive/QB background would go after a guy they have worked with/groomed for 2 years.
Ludwig is a radio person in Dayton.

Kind of like believing Norm Hitzges.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member

Sounds like a completely made up rumor based on an obvious connection with the new head coach. It makes some sense for the Browns though. Your coach knows the player, the player knows the system and he was fairly productive this year as a starter when called upon. So the trade would make some sense for the Browns. I mean their head coach knows everything there is to know about the guy.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Yeah.

I thought I was being pretty clear with the 'journeyman backup, spot starter' thing.
All that aside I was just saying I think McCarran can become along tern player for anyone. I would like to see him in the Dallas roster.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
From Rotoworld...

Bleacher Report's Jason Cole reports Mike Shanahan was passed over for the 49ers' head-coaching job because he didn't want Colin Kaepernick.

49ers' Hall of Famers were calling the front office in support of Shanahan, and he appeared to be the favorite deep into the search. Things unraveled when Shanahan reportedly said he wanted the team to move on from Kaepernick and use its first-round pick on a new quarterback. GM Trent Baalke and the higher-ups in the organization believe Kap can be "salvaged," which led to Chip Kelly getting the job instead of Shanahan. Kap is the favorite to start Week 1.

---

Anybody with a functioning brain already assumed this was the case but it's big to see some level of confirmation of it. The 49ers may still draft a guy if they fall to 7 but I just can't see them giving up huge resources to move up when they have a shit roster and at least one of the top 3 QB's should still be there at 7.

As for another team moving up in front of us, I think the cost would be prohibitive for a team picking in the 11-15 range to move up that high. It'd likely cost at least damn near a whole draft plus a future 1st or so.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
As for another team moving up in front of us, I think the cost would be prohibitive for a team picking in the 11-15 range to move up that high. It'd likely cost at least damn near a whole draft plus a future 1st or so.
That or it would cost multiple first round picks. Which would be crazy for these particular QBs. If you're moving up for an Andrew Luck at QB it might be different.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
That or it would cost multiple first round picks. Which would be crazy for these particular QBs. If you're moving up for an Andrew Luck at QB it might be different.
Yea, I just can't see it, especially with most of those teams in the 11-15 range (Bears, Eagles) having a somewhat established QB that you can have some kind of hope to win with, even if it isn't particularly realistic. I could see one of them trading up to like 6 or 9 but 1 or 3?

It'd cost way too much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom