2015 College Football Chatter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
When one team is better than another, the better team should win regardless of the names of the teams. We're also not the only team in the conference with a losing record against UT. As I pointed out before, Baylor and TCU have worse all time records and they don't fear the MIGHTY LONGHORNS.
Teams arent going to fear anybody. Thats what fans can do on a message board.

Rev

Staff member
Well, their fans probably aren't kissing Longhorn ass on their message boards either.
It has nothing to do with that. Just about realistic expectations of a team that almost always loses to them regardless. Unless you can show me otherwise where we beat them on any kind of a regular basis I will continue to not expect a win against them regardless of how good we are or how bad they are.

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
It has nothing to do with that. Just about realistic expectations of a team that almost always loses to them regardless. Unless you can show me otherwise where we beat them on any kind of a regular basis I will continue to not expect a win against them regardless of how good we are or how bad they are.
I'd have a hard time being a fan of something if my outlook on it was that depressing.

Rev

Staff member
I'd have a hard time being a fan of something if my outlook on it was that depressing.
Thats why I HATE Texas so much and have for a long time. Im just not going to fool myself either. I find the losses are harder to take when you try to force something that just isnt there.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
Good job Tech! Seeing whorns whining about the fake victory formation TD is making my morning :lol

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
When predicting Tech vs Texas if you are predicting a win then it has to have some kind of disclaimer. That is how bad we are against them. That was just our 16th win against them in 65 games and if I had to guess most of those were in Lubbock.
Well I agree a guess of " will likely win" is couched but at least it is slanted toward a high probability. :art

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Good job Tech! Seeing whorns whining about the fake victory formation TD is making my morning :lol
That was a good win for us. I loved the creativity in that play in particular. Regardless, anytime we can beat the fucking Horns, it's a good day. They are easily my least favorite team since the SWC days.

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
That was a good win for us. I loved the creativity in that play in particular. Regardless, anytime we can beat the fucking Horns, it's a good day. They are easily my least favorite team since the SWC days.
The great thing is that Strong is coming back next year, but on such an incredible hot seat he'll need a miracle not to be fired during the season.

Cotton

Staff member

:towel

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
Texas will be good again. I just can't believe how terrible their QBs have been for a number of years.

One thing I was laughing at so hard was how much they were talking about Warren last night. Like he had the greatest performance in all of sports. Yes, the kid is good but he wasa running through a gaggle of retards who cannot tackle. In light of that the performance was not as impressive.

Cotton

Staff member
Texas will be good again. I just can't believe how terrible their QBs have been for a number of years.

One thing I was laughing at so hard was how much they were talking about Warren last night. Like he had the greatest performance in all of sports. Yes, the kid is good but he wasa running through a gaggle of retards who cannot tackle. In light of that the performance was not as impressive.

:lol @ that gif. Fits Tech's defensive performances for the last few years to a tee.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
SHS - 317
UTEP - 227
ARKY - 227
TCU - 247
BAYLOR - 368
ISU - 315
KU - 145
OU - 405
OSU -185
WVU - 300
KSU - 126
UT - 403

Rushing yards given up. lulz

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

dallen

Senior Tech
Arkansas taking it to Mizzou I the first half

dallen

Senior Tech
LSU could do a lot worse. Maybe they are going after Chip Kelly for real

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
Most of the tweets I've seen say their going after Jimbo Fisher but trying for Kelly wouldn't surprise me

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Completely unnecessary hit by the Nebraska DB named Gerry. He absolutely killed the Iowa WR.

Then the dick had the audacity to immedicately get up arguing that the hit wasn't dirty. GTFO with that bush league BS.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
I understand that the lack of player development on the offensive end is one of the main things driving this decision but it seems like doing your homework and finding an up and coming OC would have been the smarter course of action to take.

LSU and their fans are acting like they have a long rich history of winning and that these 10 win seasons are beneath them and that they're entitled to play in the SEC title game every year. It's as if they forgot they were basically the Kentucky of the SEC West until Saban showed up approx. 15 years ago.

That said, I do understand the frustration of watching LSU's offense. It's been that way since about 2008. What makes Miles look look worse is LSU WRs are going to the NFL and are performing very well, yet you didn't hear much about them in college because of LSU's bad QB play/poor passing game.

D

Deuce

My friends associated with the UCF program gave me some insight into their "Final 4" candidates for the next HC. Apparently former Briles assistant, Dino Babers, is the current leader with final interviews scheduled to start Sunday.

What he accomplished at E. Illinois and then in 2 years at BGSU have been impressive. I'm not a huge fan of turning into a Baylor style spread team, but I can't argue with his results or how I've seen him interact with his players and media.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom