Draft Chatter Thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Chiefs lose their 3rd round pick this year, and 6th rounder next year for tampering with Macklin.
Ouch, and all for Jeremy f'ing Maclin. Idiots.

GShock

DCC 4Life
Amazing to me.

I get if you did it for a great player and a guy who you really need to do a sell job for.

But Jeremy Maclin?

He was pretty much a slam dunk to reunite with Fat Andy and isn't all that to begin with.
Reid refused comment

Cotton

Staff member

:towel

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member

Wow. Probably my favorite player from the recent Tech teams but man is he small. I wonder what kind of shot he will get.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

He ran like a 4.3 officially.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member

Is Luke Rodgers one of your buddies that works at Tech.

Cotton

Staff member
Wow. Probably my favorite player from the recent Tech teams but man is he small. I wonder what kind of shot he will get.
I doubt he gets drafted, but I think someone might take a look at him as a return man/slot receiver. Dude is ridiculously fast.

Rev

Staff member
I doubt he gets drafted, but I think someone might take a look at him as a return man/slot receiver. Dude is ridiculously fast.
Yeah. That size will keep him from getting drafted. Even Shrimp Beasley is bigger than he is.

VA Cowboy

Brand New Member
Walter Camp Draft Rumors 3/9

Cleveland appears set on going with a quarterback. They like Carson Wentz much better than Jared Goff.

Owner Jerry Jones said Dallas won't take a quarterback at No. 4, and he's serious. We're hearing defensive lineman DeForest Buckner is the player the Cowboys really want.

Tampa Bay likes Eastern Kentucky defensive end Noah Spence as a player. But the Bucs have concerns off the field. Oklahoma State defensive end Emmanuel Ogbah could be the safer choice.

The Saints are hoping Alabama defensive A'Shawn Robinson makes it to No. 12. They need a defensive tackle and are really high on Robinson.

Defensive line is still the priority for Atlanta. But don't rule out wide receiver Laquon Treadwell if he's available. The Falcons need someone else in the passing game to go with Julio Jones.

Many mock drafts have cornerback McKenzie Alexander going to Carolina. But I'm told the Panthers aren't that high on him. Baylor cornerback Xavien Howard could be the alternative.

The buzz about Penn State quarterback Christian Hackenberg and the Houston Texans is real. Houston coach Bill O'Brien coached Hackenberg in college and is sold on him. O'Brien could probably get Hackenberg in the second round, but don't rule out the first.

Read more at http://walterfootball.com/nfldraftrumormill.php#lQgrPrQ0Cmz5J3B1.99

VA Cowboy

Brand New Member
Walter Camp: Jalen Ramsey now favorite for #1 pick

In mid-January, sources with the Tennessee Titans said their preference was to trade down from the No. 1 overall pick and target a defensive back like Florida State cornerback/safety Jalen Ramsey. If the Titans were stuck at No. 1, the initial favorite was Ole Miss left tackle Laremy Tunsil. This week, sources with the Titans have told WalterFootball.com that Ramsey is now the favorite to be the No. 1 pick. They love the Seminoles defensive back on and off the field. To be clear, the pick has not been decided, and Tunsil is still in the running, but sources say that Ramsey is now the leading candidate to be the first-overall selection in the 2016 NFL Draft.

For months, many around the league thought that Tunsil made the most sense. The Titans do have a good young left tackle in Taylor Lewan, who was taken high in the first round in the 2014 NFL Draft, but Tennessee led the NFL in sacks allowed last year, and they have to protect young franchise quarterback Marcus Mariota. However, Titans sources say they may sign a veteran tackle in free agency to go with Lewan. There are some veteran options available in the form of the Bengals' Andre Smith, Raiders' Donald Penn, Seahawks' Russell Okung, and Steelers' Kelvin Beachum. If they sign one of those veterans to a quality contract, that would increase the chances of Ramsey being the first pick.

Sources named Tunsil and Ohio State defensive end Joey Bosa as being the other contenders for the top pick. In speaking to scouts, general managers and directors from multiple teams, they said Ramsey was phenomenal in the Combine interviews. The Titans feel that Ramsey was an alpha dog on a team filled with alpha dogs in college, and they say that he is an "awesome kid". Sources say that Tunsil and Bosa did "okay" in the Combine team interview, but they didn't express the same enthusiasm and fervor for either of them that they did for Ramsey. With Ramsey, they compare him to Richard Sherman and Charles Woodson as a corner and safety, respectively.

Read more at http://walterfootball.com/nfldraftrumormill.php#lQgrPrQ0Cmz5J3B1.99

GShock

DCC 4Life
.Owner Jerry Jones said Dallas won't take a quarterback at No. 4, and he's serious. We're hearing defensive lineman DeForest Buckner is the player the Cowboys really want.
I watched his game video on draftbreakdown vs Ohio State last year and Michigan State this year.

I simply do not see what the fuss is about.

At. All.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
I watched his game video on draftbreakdown vs Ohio State last year and Michigan State this year.

I simply do not see what the fuss is about.

At. All.
Me either.

I've been hesitating to say this, but I'm just going to throw it out there... I get a strong "Marcus Spears" vibe from Buckner.

I actually liked Spears, but no way do I want that at 4.

Rev

Staff member
Me either.

I've been hesitating to say this, but I'm just going to throw it out there... I get a strong "Marcus Spears" vibe from Buckner.

You just got Smittys attention. Great.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Me either.

Michigan State was one of the few games the guy didn't have a sack. Trying watching any of the other games. The guy had double digit sacks, it's not that hard.

I don't see the comparison. Totally difference body types. Buckner made more plays this past year then Spears ever did in a season. Spears was a fat guy who was too slow to play DE and who wasn't strong enough to play DT. In the NFL he was basically a slug as a result. The upside is way bigger with Buckner.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom