2016 POTUS Election Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jiggyfly

Banned
I should ask you if you equate Hannity and Beck to Jesse Jackson and Sharpton. I don't see the first two taking every possible racial incident that happens and exploiting it like Jackson, Sharpton and Obama do constantly.
What?

Hannity has had a town hall show on every incident that has happened and Beck has done the same on his web site, how is that not exploiting anything.

VA Cowboy

Brand New Member
The medical industry is fucking broken. And I blame administration 100% for it. They're scammers and price gougers that don't see anything unethical about charging patients 200 bucks for an aspirin. Speaking as a guy that leans pretty far away from regulation, we need to put price ceilings on medical procedures
It is screwed up, both the medical and insurance industry. I definitely favor capitalism and free enterprise. While companies are always going to try to maximize profits, with competition it generally works itself out and gives us a fair system. Unfortunately, with some industries you wind up with more monopolies and collusion and less competition which tends to drive up prices.

But I don't support over-regulation and gov't control. There's already precedence of more gov't control and laws resulting in more consolidation and price increases.

Proponents say that savings can be achieved by what the legislation calls “accountable care organizations” or ACOs.

Rules governing ACOs are still being developed, but it is envisioned that they would include doctors, hospitals and other providers, who would be paid by Medicare to cover all enrollees in a given service area. If the ACO meets quality and cost targets, its executives and doctors would share the expected savings and possibly receive bonuses.

Some fear that if regulators aren’t careful, ACOs could also further fuel consolidation among powerful groups of hospitals and doctors that could drive up costs.. There’s no question that the law is driving doctors and hospitals to talk about consolidating, says Brenda Bruns, with insurer Group Health Cooperative, in the Seattle market. With two dominant hospital systems and a number of independent hospitals, it is similar to ones around the nation’s capital where rival facilities are expanding into the suburbs and consolidating into systems.
http://khn.org/news/hospital-mergers-costs/

And, Obamacare is already a disaster and the full effect hasn't even been reached yet. Not to mention much of the law was written with input and collaboration with the insurance industry. And many on the left from the beginning just viewed it as phase one towards a move to single payer full govt control which would be an even bigger disaster.

Something needs to be done, but more govt control and takeover doesn't isn't the answer.

townsend

Banned
It is screwed up, both the medical and insurance industry. I definitely favor capitalism and free enterprise. While companies are always going to try to maximize profits, with competition it generally works itself out and gives us a fair system. Unfortunately, with some industries you wind up with more monopolies and collusion and less competition which tends to drive up prices.

But I don't support over-regulation and gov't control. There's already precedence of more gov't control and laws resulting in more consolidation and price increases.

http://khn.org/news/hospital-mergers-costs/

And, Obamacare is already a disaster and the full effect hasn't even been reached yet. Not to mention much of the law was written with input and collaboration with the insurance industry. And many on the left from the beginning just viewed it as phase one towards a move to single payer full govt control which would be an even bigger disaster.

Something needs to be done, but more govt control and takeover doesn't isn't the answer.
I despise ACA. It was a bill that was so much more about getting a thing passed than actually helping anyone.

I think it's possible to have gov't intervention without gov't overreach. We're no less free if we let corporate cartels rule the country. The best we can due is try to strike a balance. Unfortunately ACA looks more like politicians serving insurers than the population.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I love how Ron Paul, who had real concrete ideas and solutions was a "kook".

And everyone's liberal Jewish grandpa Bernie Sanders is a viable candidate.

WTF

VA Cowboy

Brand New Member

WTF

Only viable to Bipo and Townsend. Add Jiggy to the list if he actually got nominated.

townsend

Banned

WTF
I loved Ron Paul. But democrats are way more open to idealism than republicans. If Hillary had her way Bernie would be given the same "kook" treatment.

fortsbest

DCC 4Life
They were actually trying to make things better werent they? Or am I missing something? And it is no myth. He never comes out and says I'm against the police but his actions in every instance he has involved himself in indicate otherwise. Actions speak tons louder than words.

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
They were actually trying to make things better werent they? Or am I missing something? And it is no myth. He never comes out and says I'm against the police but his actions in every instance he has involved himself in indicate otherwise. Actions speak tons louder than words.
I think he's for the police, but only if it's the murderous Chicago police that feed off the corrupt political machine he came from.

2233boys

Not So New Member
It's fun to watch people discuss the positions of a candidate that they know nothing about, and trivialize that candidate with words like kook, or Jewish Grandpa.

2233boys

Not So New Member
I loved Ron Paul. But democrats are way more open to idealism than republicans. If Hillary had her way Bernie would be given the same "kook" treatment.
The MSM does it for her, MSNBC, CNN, ABC, CBS, ABC

2233boys

Not So New Member
MSNBC loves Bernie, talk about what's funny.:lol
You haven't watched Hardball or Howard Dean then, or listened to any of their pundits outside of Chris Hayes, or Rachel Maddow.

He is barely covered on the channel. It's all Trump all the time, on every show just about.

He did have a nice piece on this week with Morning Joe, Joe and Mica were very complimentary. (I'll give you two more)

Quite honestly I am surprised you are cool with Kasich.

BipolarFuk

Demoted
Kasich is the best the Republicans have to offer.

At least he has shown he has an iota of compassion in him with the expansion of Medicaid in Ohio.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
It's fun to watch people discuss the positions of a candidate that they know nothing about, and trivialize that candidate with words like kook, or Jewish Grandpa.
I guess this was a barb at my post which was made to prove a point.

Bernie is no less of a kook than Ron Paul, yet he gets a lot more respect as more "mainstream" which just amazes me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom