Week 2 Preseason Chatter Thread

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I would consider a fourth for a RB like Martin or Miller alone.

If they throw in a backup QB, I can bump that to a third and some spare parts I was going to cut anyway.
So Tampa and Miami are giving away decent backs? Sweet.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
I dunno, but catching parts of various preaseason games around the league on NFLN, it looks like lots of backs who will be cut around the league have more talent than our guys.

Well except Lance Dunbar of course, but we're still hiding him.

Surely we'll pick up someone either at final cuts or via trade. I just fear the Jerry panic overpay trade.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I would consider a fourth for a RB like Martin or Miller alone.

If they throw in a backup QB, I can bump that to a third and some spare parts I was going to cut anyway.
I like Doug Martin, but lets not forget the guy has missed 16 games over the last two season. His only real good season in the pros was his rookie season. When healthy he certainly has ability but he has a massive injury red flag. I can't imagine giving up a third round pick for a one year rental on a guy. I know you mention the backup QB bumping it up for you but I think we would still suck with Glennon at QB. So I'm not really excited over that part. To me he is worth maybe a sixth or seventh round pick in a trade.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
My list.

2. White
:picard

Man, those were bad days.

We lost all 3 times we faced him, including that awful 2003 bloodbath where it seemed like every receiver on OU ran a 4.2 and they just got YAC all day long.

Bad days, man.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
:picard

Man, those were bad days.

We lost all 3 times we faced him, including that awful 2003 bloodbath where it seemed like every receiver on OU ran a 4.2 and they just got YAC all day long.

Bad days, man.
I remember that 2003 game well. OU 60 on the Longhorns that year. I even remember watching it in Chili's in Qatar while on R&R during my first Iraq deployment.

It was great. There was a big group from an Oklahoma National Guard group in there watching the game as well, so I just merged into their group and we had a blast laughing at the few Longhorn fans in attendance.

Awww....good times indeed.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
So Tampa and Miami are giving away decent backs? Sweet.
I don't think Miami would. Tampa at least has some motivation. They are starting a rookie QB and know that this probably isn't their year. The Muscle Hampster has missed 16 games over the last two seasons and is in a contract year. Meaning he probably isn't back after this season anyway. Just makes sense for Tampa to get something in return for him now as opposed to clinging onto him for one meaningless season. A fourth round pick would help Tampa to continue with that building process.

Of course I know that's probably not what a guy like Lovie would say who is probably on the hot seat this year.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
Speaking of trades, I wonder if we could get something for one of our defensive linemen. We'll probably wind up cutting one or two good players otherwise.

Top Bottom