Christine Michael to Dallas

Jiggyfly

Banned
Jason Garrett also said Lance Dunbar has been a productive back.

I see more of a stocky, sure runner than an elusive or explosive one. His cuts are not natural but forced and he lacks a second gear through the hole or that sudden acceleration that IMO defines "explosion".

IMO Michael brings steadiness and power, and anything more is bonus.

The most explosive runs we might see all year will come from (can't believe I'm saying this) Darren McFadden.

Big picture that's OK. We must stick with the run whatever happens.
Ravi, Ravi, Ravi.

You can look at any of his highlights and see the explosiveness and he most definitely has a 2nd gear through the hole.

His explosiveness is why he was drafted in the 2nd round.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Ravi, Ravi, Ravi.

You can look at any of his highlights and see the explosiveness and he most definitely has a 2nd gear through the hole.

His explosiveness is why he was drafted in the 2nd round.
I watched those Seahawk highlights before posting my original opinion, so of course I still respectfully disagree.

I see a guy with stocky legs with little change of direction who seeks contact and gets tackled as a result. Maybe he has straight-on speed, but it takes him time to work up to it. If you notice his runs of any significance Unger and company have nicely cleared the middle of the line. It's also usually late in games when Seattle is trying to burn the clock.

So I do see him bringing power in standard sets but I wonder if he has the burst to really help in short yardage. I see him as being most useful late in games when Randle is exhausted and McFadden is icing some body part or another.

We'll find out soon enough.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I would then, Woodhead will probably get the change of pace catches/carries over Oliver
That's what I think as well. Just kind of depends how good Gordon is. With the pick they invested in him though you have to think the Chargers are going to ride Melvin Gordon for the most part.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yep. He might even be 225.
I think Michael is a legit talent. If it were up to me we would go exclusively Michael and Randle on game day. To me they compliment each other well and are the two most talented runners on our team. Unfortunately Dunbar is viewed as some sort of a third down stud (Which he isn't) and McFadden played at Arkansas.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
After watching those highlights, I am stoked about this trade. He is, bare minimum, our answer in short yardage, and very likely the answer to the void we have been feeling all offseason at the position. Good call, Geng.

Cotton

Staff member
I watched those Seahawk highlights before posting my original opinion, so of course I still respectfully disagree.

I see a guy with stocky legs with little change of direction who seeks contact and gets tackled as a result. Maybe he has straight-on speed, but it takes him time to work up to it. If you notice his runs of any significance Unger and company have nicely cleared the middle of the line. It's also usually late in games when Seattle is trying to burn the clock.

So I do see him bringing power in standard sets but I wonder if he has the burst to really help in short yardage. I see him as being most useful late in games when Randle is exhausted and McFadden is icing some body part or another.

We'll find out soon enough.
Everyone (like literally everyone) but you calls him explosive through the line. Do you even coach, bro?

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
After watching those highlights, I am stoked about this trade. He is, bare minimum, our answer in short yardage, and very likely the answer to the void we have been feeling all offseason at the position. Good call, Geng.
Where do you feel he's the answer in short yardage? I don't see him being very successful in general when everyone knows he's getting the ball.

That said, A combination of this OL and a strong back might just be enough to win on 3rd and short, and he's certainly a better option than anyone else we have.

Everyone (like literally everyone) but you calls him explosive through the line. Do you even coach, bro?
Back to the "I coach so I know" well?

It's the same people who claimed Randle was explosive.

I will just have to respectfully disagree.

This guy is sure and steady, and not a whole lot more. At least at this point in his career.

Last edited:

Cotton

Staff member
Where do you feel he's the answer in short yardage? I don't see him being very successful in general when everyone knows he's getting the ball.

That said, A combination of this OL and a strong back might just be enough to win on 3rd and short, and he's certainly a better option than anyone else we have.
Are you sure you watched those highlights?

Cotton

Staff member
Oh, and did anyone else besides me notice that sick one handed catch in the video above?

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Ravi just has a very unique take sometimes :unsure

Oddly enough you know who Michael reminds me of when he is running the ball? It's Marshawn Lynch. They have very similar running styles.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Watching for the fifth time, Michael's 1st quarter play vs the Cardinals in those highlights was impressive. We definitely could use a lot more of that. It's also clear he has the most potential of all our backs to punish the defense.

The sobering thought in all of this is Seattle used a 2nd round pick, are also a run-first team, and couldn't wait to get rid of this guy for anything at all before outright cutting him after only two seasons. They had no problem trading him to a conference playoff rival.

Jiggyfly

Banned
Watching for the fifth time, Michael's 1st quarter play vs the Cardinals in those highlights was impressive. We definitely could use a lot more of that. It's also clear he has the most potential of all our backs to punish the defense.

The sobering thought in all of this is Seattle used a 2nd round pick, are also a run-first team, and couldn't wait to get rid of this guy for anything at all before outright cutting him after only two seasons. They had no problem trading him to a conference playoff rival.
That is food for thought but I think they want there backs to be more patient while we ask them to be more decisive.

I see him doing very well with our pull and trap game.

Cotton

Staff member

Cotton

Staff member

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
You have to wonder if he is a special type of crazy. Afterall the Seahawks are willing to put up with Lynch who is basically bat shit crazy, but they couldn't work with this talented kid. Makes you wonder how bad his attitude is.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I'm not surprised but by week 2 when McFadden is hurt Michael will be needed.

Top Bottom