2016 College Football Chatter

Status
Not open for further replies.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
I think Clemson s D is what proved to me they have a shot against Bama. They shit tOSU down and really gave them no room to operate for most of the game.
I think they can do the same to Bama for most of the game as well. Aside from about 3 drives, I thought Washington's defense did a great job containing Bama's offense. Clemson is bigger and faster than Washington, so I could see Hurts having problems with that defense as well.

That said, I think Bama will get enough explosive plays to pull out the win.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Lane Kiffin finished at Alabama, Sarkisian assumes OC duties
By Dan Parr
College Football 24/7 Editor

Nick Saban has called an audible ahead of Alabama's national championship game matchup with Clemson, and Lane Kiffin has called his last play for the Crimson Tide.

Saban announced on Monday that Kiffin would shift his focus to his new job as Florida Atlantic head coach and Steve Sarkisian will assume Kiffin's duties as offensive coordinator in advance of the Jan. 9 title game.

Initially, that transition was planned for after the season.

Saban and Kiffin described the decision as mutual on Monday.

"We appreciate all that Lane has done for our football program over the last three years," Saban stated in a school release. "We sat down following the Washington game and talked about the time demands of managing both jobs, and we recognized that it is best for our players, and for Lane, that we allow him to turn his full attention to his new head-coaching rule at FAU.

"This wasn't an easy decision and we appreciate the way Lane handled this in terms of doing what is best for our team. At the end of the day, both of us wanted to put our players in the best position to be successful. Obviously, we are in a unique situation here where we have our next offensive coordinator already on staff. We have full confidence that Sark will step in right away and make this a smooth transition."

1bigfan13

Staff member
Such a weird situation. Obviously Kiffin and Saban were butting heads but inserting an outsider like Sarkisian in the biggest game of the year is a huge gamble, IMO. Seems like it would have made more sense to promote one of the offensive position coaches instead.

D

Deuce

Such a weird situation. Obviously Kiffin and Saban were butting heads but inserting an outsider like Sarkisian in the biggest game of the year is a huge gamble, IMO. Seems like it would have made more sense to promote one of the offensive position coaches instead.
Hopefully Sark feels the pressure and goes on a bender before the game.

1bigfan13

Staff member
Horrendous start by Penn State.

They botch the opening kickoff but luckily cover the ball at the 3 yard line. But they follow that up with the first play of the game being an interception.

Nerves.

Plan9Misfit

Appreciate The Hate
Horrendous start by Penn State.

They botch the opening kickoff but luckily cover the ball at the 3 yard line. But they follow that up with the first play of the game being an interception.

Nerves.
They're lucky they aren't down 21-0 right now.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Man, I was just typing how Penn State have turned this game around after halftime avid they make yet another play with a pick that sets them up with 1st and goal.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
It's looking like The Ohio State selection was the wrong one after all and maybe Penn State did get screwed over.

1bigfan13

Staff member
It's looking like The Ohio State selection was the wrong one after all and maybe Penn State did get screwed over.
You can't jump to conclusions.

USC and Clemson are two different animals.

Plan9Misfit

Appreciate The Hate
USC looks shell shocked. If they don't get their wits back, this game will be over really soon.

1bigfan13

Staff member

Plan9Misfit

Appreciate The Hate
What a nice 2-point conversion. Totally busted play, but Darnold got it, anyway.

1bigfan13

Staff member
Penn State can generate offense. Ohio State was neutered.
Again, look at the defenses they are playing against.

Clemson's defense is one of the best in the nation. Penn State could very well struggle to move the ball against them as well.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Why would that guy lunge at the QB like that?

That's an easy flag to call.

1bigfan13

Staff member
The NCAA has to scrap the targeting rule next season. At least get rid of the automatic ejection aspect of it.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
The NCAA has to scrap the targeting rule next season. At least get rid of the automatic ejection aspect of it.
Yea, he shouldn't have been ejected.

That's just a simple unnecessary roughness penalty for launching himself and it shouldn't result in more than the standard 15 yard penalty.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom