2016 POTUS Election Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
You guys still don't get it.

Experience doesn't matter where the (R) is concerned. See Trump, Cruz, Rubio.

Obama was roasted for lack of experience. But (D).
That's my point. Political experience isn't the most important component to being elected President.It's perception and intelligence.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are

That's my point. Political experience isn't the most important component to being elected President.

townsend

Banned
That's my point. Political experience isn't the most important component to being elected President.
There's experience and then there's experience. Obama had been in politics for a long time before he became a senator, same with Rubio, same with Cruz. No one makes it to a senate seat without knowing politics. Even Cruz, despicable as he is, is damn savvy.

Now if Petraus hadn't ruined his own career with his penis, I could see him considered somewhat of an "outsider" since he had never held elected office. But that's a big difference Than the horrendously unqualified, and provably incompetent group that is Fiorina, Carson, and Trump. I don't think any of them have proven they can collaborate, compromise, or respond to hostility like a president needs to.

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard

Rubio has quite a bit of experience. He was a very strong Speaker of the House in Florida. Being the head of a legislature (rather than just a legislator) requires a shitload of management skills, appointing committees, working both sides of the aisle in a swing state and getting through the agenda before the session closes.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
There's experience and then there's experience. Obama had been in politics for a long time before he became a senator, same with Rubio, same with Cruz. No one makes it to a senate seat without knowing politics. Even Cruz, despicable as he is, is damn savvy.

Now if Petraus hadn't ruined his own career with his penis, I could see him considered somewhat of an "outsider" since he had never held elected office. But that's a big difference Than the horrendously unqualified, and provably incompetent group that is Fiorina, Carson, and Trump. I don't think any of them have proven they can collaborate, compromise, or respond to hostility like a president needs to.
But again in my opinion it isn't important to know politics for an executive position. Executive positions are a completely different environment. I had rather have an experienced Governor.

Last edited:

BipolarFuk

Demoted
But again in my opinion it isn't important to know politics for an executive position. Executive positions are a completely different environment. I had rather have an experienced Governor.
And yet, John Kasich can't get any traction because he hasn't gone full retard like Trump and Cruz. Looks like the (R) party is going to be held hostage by an unholy alliance of its various lunatic fringes. The racists and the snake handlers are going to hand the nomination to a complete fucktard.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
And yet, John Kasich can't get any traction because he hasn't gone full retard like Trump and Cruz. Looks like the (R) party is going to be held hostage by an unholy alliance of its various lunatic fringes. The racists and the snake handlers are going to hand the nomination to a complete fucktard.
Looks like it. But the same could be said about the other side of the race. Sanders is an unrealistic ideologist whose message appeals to those who think everyone deserves to be equalized economically at the expense of those who have managed to have more. Clinton is actually running on an unidentified platform but has the sole appeal of maybe being the first female President. Who really can do the best dog and pony show will get the brass ring. Who should get it is probably not going to happen because historically voters don't really know what the country actually needs.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member

By that same retarded logic Dems can't knock the Republican candidates for lack of experience. It cuts both ways.

townsend

Banned
By that same retarded logic Dems can't knock the Republican candidates for lack of experience. It cuts both ways.
Cruz and Rubio no. Carson, Trump, and Fiorina yes. It's the difference between Dan Campbell getting a HC gig and Kathryn Smith getting a HC gig. One's inexperienced the other is wholly unqualified.

townsend

Banned
Sanders was an incredibly successful mayor before becoming a representative and then senator, and is a committee member on Committee on Veterans' Affairs, Committee on Health, Education, Labor, and Pensions, Committee on Energy and Natural Resources,Committee on Environment and Public Works, and a ranking member on the Commitee for the Budget.

Definitely a demonstration of executive potential, since he has superior access to competent advisers, proven track record of leadership, and a good working relationship with the legislator.

Really I think the only guy on the Republican side with comparable demonstrated executive ability is Rubio.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Cruz and Rubio no. Carson, Trump, and Fiorina yes. It's the difference between Dan Campbell getting a HC gig and Kathryn Smith getting a HC gig. One's inexperienced the other is wholly unqualified.
There are different types of experience. There are more types of experience then just being a senator or representative. I could easily make a legitimate argument on either side, so I don't really want to get into that debate.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Sanders was an incredibly successful mayor before becoming a representative and then senator, and is a committee member on Committee on Veterans' Affairs, Committee on Health, Education, Labor, and Pensions, Committee on Energy and Natural Resources,Committee on Environment and Public Works, and a ranking member on the Commitee for the Budget.

Definitely a demonstration of executive potential, since he has superior access to competent advisers, proven track record of leadership, and a good working relationship with the legislator.

Really I think the only guy on the Republican side with comparable demonstrated executive ability is Rubio.
None of which are executive positions.

townsend

Banned
There are different types of experience. There are more types of experience then just being a senator or representative. I could easily make a legitimate argument on either side, so I don't really want to get into that debate.
I'd be pretty interested in seeing Fiorinna or Trump's experience sold as applicable to the office of the presidency.

I think your right that there are several types of considerable experience. Legislative, Military, Legal, Governership, Civic leadership, maybe corporate success but there hasn't been many examples of corporate success translating to political success.

Even a guy like Bloomberg who's unquestionably successful was a shit mayor and would have been the shittiest president.

Last edited:

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
I'd be pretty interested in seeing Fiorinna or Trump's experience sold as applicable to the office of the presidency.

I think your right that there are several types of considerable experience. Legislative, Military, Legal, Governership, Civic leadership, maybe corporate success but there hasn't been many examples of corporate success translating to political success.

Even a guy like Bloomberg who's unquestionably successful was a shit mayor and would have been the shittiest president.
To me its very easy to see how an executive position could be attributed to the individuals you named even more so as far as having executive experience than most of the other candidates. That's not to say they the best qualified because people like Kasich probably are. He has executive experience as a governor and political experience as a congressman. In addition he has communication skills from his tenure with the news media. As far as I am concerned he is head and shoulders above all.

townsend

Banned
To me its very easy to see how an executive position could be attributed to the individuals you named even more so as far as having executive experience than most of the other candidates. That's not to say they the best qualified because people like Kasich probably are. He has executive experience as a governor and political experience as a congressman. In addition he has communication skills from his tenure with the news media. As far as I am concerned he is head and shoulders above all.
Kasich seems really qualified. The only disappointment I've had with him as a candidate is that he stepped up his rhetoric to echo more crazy right wing stuff when he was getting blown out by Trump. But I agree that he has the best resume by far.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
You know it never dawned on me until today that the two big stepstones to the Presidency occur in two states which are about as fucking WHITE as possible: Iowa and New Hampshire.

One salt of the earth, the other full of rich people.

They need to change this shit up.

Make California first one year. Put the shit in Texas to start off the next time. And in a huge awesome win, Florida.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Bob Schieffer is on the CBS News right now, nailing it. Basically says what an embarrassing field this is.

I hope this makes it to Twitter and YouTube.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom