Dak Prescott Viewed on the All-22

22cowboysfan22

Brand New Member
Tony Romo may be a better pure passer than Dak at this point in their respective careers, but there's zero chance he's a better QB. Dak brings way more to this offense than Tony can, which is why he's far and away the best choice to remain our QB.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
The best QB on this roster is QB2, and that's illogical.

You are blindly following Dak if you don't understand or acknowledge that.

There are reasons to stay with Dak, but him being better than Romo is not one of those reasons.
Agreed.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
You don't have the second best QBR in the NFL after 9 games if you are bad.
That's correct, but some people can't think rationally about this situation and are blindly loyal to Romo even at the potential detriment to the team.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
That's correct, but some people can't think rationally about this situation and are blindly loyal to Romo even at the potential detriment to the team.
And don't get me wrong, I love Romo. The fit is just better with Dak.

If we were a team that needed to sling the ball around 50 times in order to win Romo would be our guy. But we don't. Dak just fits what we need much more. We need a QB who can move the sticks and not throw silly interceptions. We need a QB who can stand in the pocket against a blitz, take the hit and deliver the ball. And having a QB who can move around and run for a first down just compliments our run game with Zeke that much more. If you're looking for a QB who comes through in the clutch, Daks done it every time this year. If only Williams would have helped him a little in that opening week game.

To me it's not about who the better QB is. It's about who is the better QB for the team as we are built now and clearly that's Dak.

hstour

Brand New Member
Ickes has been solidly on the Romo side of the debate the entire season. And, I almost unfollowed him yesterday when he kept nitpicking every single pass in his "breakdown". You could do that with every QB to have ever played this game to try and prove a point. The overarching point that he and others won't recognize is that Dak does a whole helluva lot more good than bad.
If he has the "agenda" you seem to think he has, why would he say this:

And This:

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
But I don't think we know that, Geng.

Tony Romo 2014? Sure, he's absolutely the better player. But right now, we do not know what Tony Romo can do and how long he can last doing it due to the susceptibility to injuries that he has shown over the last few years.
This is the thing I keep bringing up that many keep glossing over.

The last time we watched Romo play real games he wasn't very impressive.

vs Giants: 36/45, 356 yards, 3 TDs, 2 INTs
vs Eagles: 18/27, 195 yards, 0 TDs, 0 INTs
vs Dolphins: 18/28, 227 yards, 2 TDs, 2 INTs
vs Panthers: 11/21, 106 yards, 0 TDs, 3 INTs

I can't just assume that the current version of Romo is better than Dak. It's probably a lot closer than a lot of Romo fan boys want to admit.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

I can't just assume that the current version of Romo is better than Dak. It's probably a lot closer than a lot of Romo fan boys want to admit.
That is what is true to anyone who is willing to admit it.

The rest is all romance.

Or Romoance.

Jiggyfly

Banned

And This:

Because he is talking out of both sides of his mouth.

Probably due to the backlash he is getting.

Still waiting to hear why you even injected the word bad into the conversation yourself?

And who exactly is saying he is a finished product?

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

There are reasons to stay with Dak, but him being better than Romo is not one of those reasons.
I don't think many that have a functional brain are "blindly" following Prescott.

I know I am pointing out when he effs up.

But what I truly find illogical is the revisionist history that seems to be in play with Romo.

Hell, I could tell you if he would have a bad day or not by how his face looked in pregames or whether or not he shaved that day.

Prescott has proven me wrong about him and every time he could eff up much like Romo has done a lot, he just avoids it.

If that is him or just this team, I am willing to let that ride until doesn't it stand up anymore.

kidd

DCC 4Life

This.

Totally agree.

Cotton

Staff member

And This:

"But he's not there yet."

I think that's debatable all on its own. He has an agenda. Not sure how long you have followed him, but I have for months. He has his narrative.

Cotton

Staff member

You are a fake fan.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
"But he's not there yet."

I think that's debatable all on its own. He has an agenda. Not sure how long you have followed him, but I have for months. He has his narrative.
Yeah they are backhanded compliments.

Top Bottom