User Tag List

Page 654 of 654 FirstFirst ... 154554604644652653654
Results 6,531 to 6,537 of 6537

Thread: MLB Chatter Thread

Damn, Eddie. You need to work on your bat flip.

One-armed Knife Sharpener Iamtdg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NoDak View Post
    Damn, Eddie. You need to work on your bat flip.

2016 DCC LOTY Fantasy Football Champion

Just finished reading the details of the Manny Machado trade to the Dodgers....I've never been a fan of trades like that. By that I mean trades where the team is giving away a proven All-Star for a handful of prospects who you hope and pray will pan out. Prospects received in these trades usually don't develop into good, All-Star caliber players. Just because someone carries the label of "Top Prospect" doesn't mean much. I've seen tons of those guys tear up the minor leagues only to get to the majors and become a solid player at best. Never reaching the lofty expectations organizations had for them. My Braves have had quite a few of them.

That's why it blows my mind whenever I hear someone suggest that the Angels should trade Mike Trout just because the team is bad. IMO, that's a GM/coaching problem not a Mike Trout problem. Trout is the best player in the game and advanced analytics have him ranked as one of the greatest hitters of all time. If they traded Trout for a bunch of prospects, unless they are EXTREMELY lucky, they will not receive players anywhere near Trout's caliber.

For me it comes down to this. You have a great player like Machado or Trout and your front office has failed to build a winner around them. What gives you confidence that the front office will all of a sudden be able to build a winner without those great players? Chances are the losing will continue.
    Last edited by 1bigfan13; Yesterday at 02:03 PM.

They most likely wont get what they give up but they were going to lose him anyways. Might as well get something in return.

I think it goes both ways as well. Players drop off or don't perform as well after the payday. Maybe the players they acquired prior to falling out of contention didnt perform to the standards they thought they were getting (ie every player the rangers traded for during the recent past trade deadlines). I don't really know the moves or non moves that the Orioles made so maybe this isnt the case with Machado. I know that the one rumor I have heard concerning their front office is something along the lines of being too critical with physicals.

As far as Trout and the Angels I think they have done a pretty good job of putting a team around him. They just have bad timing with all of the luck the Astros have with everything prospect turning into gold for them.

Ok. Haven't followed the league as closely as I have in the last and it seems the Angels have fallen off recently. I just remember them having a decent team last season and made splashes during the off-season. Still don't see a reason to trade Trout.
    #Fire Garrett

Either they didn't want to pay him $300M next winter, or they couldn't afford him due to Chris Davis's disastrous contract. Either way, sucks to be an O's fan.

Quote Originally Posted by 1bigfan13 View Post
    Just finished reading the details of the Manny Machado trade to the Dodgers....I've never been a fan of trades like that. By that I mean trades where the team is giving away a proven All-Star for a handful of prospects who you hope and pray will pan out. Prospects received in these trades usually don't develop into good, All-Star caliber players. Just because someone carries the label of "Top Prospect" doesn't mean much. I've seen tons of those guys tear up the minor leagues only to get to the majors and become a solid player at best. Never reaching the lofty expectations organizations had for them. My Braves have had quite a few of them.

That's why it blows my mind whenever I hear someone suggest that the Angels should trade Mike Trout just because the team is bad. IMO, that's a GM/coaching problem not a Mike Trout problem. Trout is the best player in the game and advanced analytics have him ranked as one of the greatest hitters of all time. If they traded Trout for a bunch of prospects, unless they are EXTREMELY lucky, they will not receive players anywhere near Trout's caliber.

For me it comes down to this. You have a great player like Machado or Trout and your front office has failed to build a winner around them. What gives you confidence that the front office will all of a sudden be able to build a winner without those great players? Chances are the losing will continue.
    This is why I don't give much of a damn when haterz try to slam the Astros by claiming they tanked. It isn't like basketball where you can lose on purpose and make a few no-brainer No. 1 picks.