Christine Michael to Dallas

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
As long as he doesn't fumble.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
By the way, I play in a 16 team fantasy league. I'm seriously tempted to pick up Michael. Am I just being a homer? It's a league where talent is scarce because there are so many teams.
I picked him up in one really deep league like that I'm in, who would you be dropping for him?

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
Garrett still wouldn't name a starting rb in presser while ago, sounds like all 3 1/2 may be active

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Garrett still wouldn't name a starting rb in presser while ago, sounds like all 3 1/2 may be active
My favorite line from that "Lance Dunbar has been a productive guy for us".

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Solidifies the committee. Late in games his youth and power will help move the chains.

He can also catch well enough, though I don't have a feel for his pass blocking.

He's not explosive. At all. But he will help provide the net positive carries this team needs to get to a 50-50 pass-run ratio.

Cotton

Staff member
Solidifies the committee. Late in games his youth and power will help move the chains.

He can also catch well enough, though I don't have a feel for his pass blocking.

He's not explosive. At all. But he will help provide the net positive carries this team needs to get to a 50-50 pass-run ratio.

:unsure

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
Yeah, I think he's actually really explosive from what I can tell.

Cotton

Staff member
Yeah, I think he's actually really explosive from what I can tell.
I haven't watched him very much at all, but everything I have read about him says he is very explosive through the hole. He just doesn't have breakaway speed to sustain the explosiveness once through the hole.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life

:unsure
Jason Garrett also said Lance Dunbar has been a productive back.

I see more of a stocky, sure runner than an elusive or explosive one. His cuts are not natural but forced and he lacks a second gear through the hole or that sudden acceleration that IMO defines "explosion".

IMO Michael brings steadiness and power, and anything more is bonus.

The most explosive runs we might see all year will come from (can't believe I'm saying this) Darren McFadden.

Big picture that's OK. We must stick with the run whatever happens.

Genghis Khan

I haven't watched him very much at all, but everything I have read about him says he is very explosive through the hole. He just doesn't have breakaway speed to sustain the explosiveness once through the hole.
Sounds a bit like someone else we used to know. :unsure

Genghis Khan

Jason Garrett also said Lance Dunbar has been a productive back.

I see more of a stocky, sure runner than an elusive or explosive one. His cuts are not natural but forced and he lacks a second gear through the hole that IMO defines "explosion".

IMO Michael brings steadiness and power, and anything more is bonus.

The most explosive runs we might see all year will come from (can't believe I'm saying this) Darren McFadden.

Big picture that's OK. We must stick with the run whatever happens.
He definitely is bigger than your standard RB, but his size/speed ratio is very good.

He seems to me like a one cut, downhill runner that tends to finish his runs well.

I honestly think if we get this guy dedicated and focused we may have something here.

And I'm absolutely thrilled that we aren't sitting around praying to Satan that Randle steps up as our only option.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
His 4.52 forty time is very respectable for a 220 pound guy.

Genghis Khan

So now he's DeMarco Murray? OK. And to think Seattle only asked for a 7th
Style-wise? He has a lot of similarities imo.

Note that I did NOT say he'll produce like Murray did last year. One of the things that sets Murray apart is his drive and determination. Unfortunately I think that's a big deal, and it's lacking in Michael apparently.

But I do think Michael could be a lead dog, bell cow type (say 1000 - 1200 yards), and I don't think we have anyone else on the roster capable of that.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000523475/article/seahawks-trade-rb-christine-michael-to-cowboys

I don't know if I can embed the video from this link but it gives you a pretty good idea of what you're getting from Michael.

Seahawks trade RB Christine Michael to Cowboys

By Kevin Patra
Around the NFL writer
Published: Sept. 6, 2015 at 12:59 p.m. Updated: Sept. 6, 2015 at 07:44 p.m.

The Dallas Cowboys are adding another young running back to their stable.

The Seattle Seahawks traded Christine Michael to the Cowboys in exchange for an undisclosed 2016 draft choice, Dallas announced Sunday.

NFL Media's Albert Breer reported, per a Dallas source, the Cowboys sent a conditional seventh-round pick to Seattle for Michael.

Play NFL Fantasy Football!

ESPN first reported the swap.

The Seahawks had been shopping the third-year back after agreeing to a contract with veteran Fred Jackson late last week.

Dallas has been adamant about the faith in their three-headed backfield of Darren McFadden, Joseph Randle and Lance Dunbar. Jerry Jones previously mentioned the team could look to add another young back to the equation.

Michael is that runner.

The 24-year-old has made scouts drool the last two years in Seattle. Michael's combination of size, power and speed is rare. The young back, however, hasn't been able to put it together with the Seahawks, struggling during regular-season chances and not flashing enough in the preseason to warrant further commitment from the organization.

After initially being viewed as Marshawn Lynch's eventual replacement, Michael's disappointment in Seattle could bea gain for Dallas.

While he'll remain in a time-share backfield, Michael could finally find his niche alongside McFadden and Randle behind one of the best offensive lines in football.

Top Bottom