Week 12 Thanksgiving Chatter Thread | Cowboys vs. Panthers | 11/26/2015

VA Cowboy

Brand New Member
The contradictions in this one post are hilarious.
One season when we finally replaced JG as OC and ended up with a balanced attack while Garrett clapped from the sidelines. He is an 8-8 caliber HC a notch above 5-11 Campo.

He's had nearly a decade to learn on the job and has proven to be .500.

VA Cowboy

Brand New Member
I think people forgot how lucky we were that Romo was mostly healthy last year. It doesn't matter that Jason Garrett will be back in 2016 because we'll also probably be in that 2000 Troy Aikman mode with Romo, knowing it's over, waiting to make him a post June 1st cut in 2017.

We probably won't draft a QB even if we finish 3-13, but that's ok, we'll be just as bad next year.
Probably true. Jerry will likely sign someone like RGiii or Krapenick and sell alot of jerseys to the idiot masses.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
One season when we finally replaced JG as OC and ended up with a balanced attack while Garrett clapped from the sidelines. He is an 8-8 caliber HC a notch above 5-11 Campo.

He's had nearly a decade to learn on the job and has proven to be .500.
I'd put him behind Campo, Romo is worth more than 3 wins

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
He is an 8-8 caliber HC a notch above 5-11 Campo.
I wonder if he is a notch above. Garrett's had a way more talented roster. He's had HOF caliber players on both sides of the ball to work with. Campo? Not so much.

townsend

Banned
Who did Campo have at QB? Let's see Jason Garrett get to 8-8 with Clint Stoerner and Ryan Leaf. The guy will be lucky to get to 5-11 with a team much much more talented than any of Campo's teams.

kidd

DCC 4Life
If we have fewer than 3 wins even Garrett who has been Jerry's boy has to worry about his job.

There is too much talent on this team not to win at least that many.

Cassel will only improve, so I don't foresee a 3-13 finish.
Now that Garrett isn't waiting on Romo to rescue the team, he'll probably open up the playbook a bit more ans win enough games to screw us out of a top five pick.

BipolarFuk

Demoted
Panthers CB Josh Norman: 'Went Dark Knight' after Dez Bryant disrespect

Panthers CB Josh Norman: 'Went Dark Knight' after Dez Bryant disrespect

ARLINGTON, Texas -- Carolina Panthers cornerback Josh Norman said Dallas wide receiver Dez Bryant disrespected him prior to Thursday's 33-14 victory over the Cowboys.

Norman said several of the younger Carolina defensive backs came to the locker room during warm-ups and said Bryant called him out. He said Bryant "popped off" at him on the game's second play after an incompletion to the Pro Bowl receiver down the left sideline.

"He shouldn't have ticked off my DBs in pregame," Norman said. "That took me to a whole other place. Once that happened, you can't get me fired up [enough]. I'm telling you, I'm going to be at your throat for four quarters every time."

Bryant caught only one pass for 6 yards when Norman was defending him. He caught only two passes for 28 yards on eight targets for the game.

He didn't talk to reporters after the game.

"The disrespect was just through the roof," Norman said.

Norman took a shot of his own at Bryant after the game, referencing the $70 million, five-year deal the receiver signed in the offseason.

"Hey, they need to get Dez's 70 mil back," he told reporters outside the locker room, according to The Dallas Morning News. :rofl

Norman said he was so fired up during the week with talk about Bryant possibly having a big day against him and the unbeaten Panthers (now 11-0) being an underdog that he had to go watch the movie "300" to get him to a dark place.

He had planned to save that movie for motivation later in the season.

"I had to get myself physically, mentally prepared to the point I didn't want him to catch a single ball," Norman said. "I was on him like white on rice. I didn't care. And I was able to do it because of great teammates I have."

Norman said he was in the locker room getting stretched out and listening to music when second-year cornerback Bene Benwikere and a few others told him Bryant was calling for him.

"I took my headset off, and they were like, 'Bro, you've got to get after him,'" Norman said.

Norman was called for unsportsmanlike conduct late in the fourth quarter when he went into an animated and vocal celebration after successfully defending a pass to Bryant in the end zone.

Coach Ron Rivera said he would have preferred Norman not done that, but added he's not "a big fan of throwing the flag" in that situation.

"I get it, we're at their place," Rivera said. "That's what the referee said to me, and I can't argue that. If it would have been at our place, it wouldn't have been a big deal."

Norman thought it was a big deal that Bryant, in his mind, disrespected him.

"I went Dark Knight on him," said Norman, who likens himself to Batman.

Norman also called out Las Vegas oddsmakers and ESPN's Skip Bayless for disrespecting Carolina.

"For everybody that paid their money for that, I appreciate you guys but Las Vegas lost," Norman said. "And even Skip Bayless. We're going to give thanks to him for picking us a two- or four-point underdog.

"I hope he's happy right now, at home, eating crow. Because obviously he was wrong as well."

dallen

Senior Tech
Josh Norman sounds like an idiot

BipolarFuk

Demoted
Josh Norman sounds like an idiot
Maybe, but >>> Dez.

What a disappointment this guy is. Huge contract and the guy is NEVER open unless he gets matched up on a LB or a safety of Barry Church's talent.

A CB is on him close ALL THE TIME. Ok, the vast majority of the time. He has to out jump or out muscle the CB for a catch because they are always there.

DLK150

DCC 4Life
Who did Campo have at QB? Let's see Jason Garrett get to 8-8 with Clint Stoerner and Ryan Leaf. The guy will be lucky to get to 5-11 with a team much much more talented than any of Campo's teams.
His last two seasons, Campo's teams had the same crappy 5-11 record but they were in a lot of games until late in the 3rd, into the 4th quarter, those teams had nowhere near the talent that this one does and they were literally throwing QB shit against the wall to see what stuck after Aikman went down. Sound familiar? These are the Campo Years V. 2 with more overall talent. Even Campo's teams never managed an 8 game losing streak, tied for the second worst in franchise history in '89 and surpassed only by Landry's swan song in '88 and the franchise's expansion season.

People can spin it all they want, this has been a historically bad stretch for this team. The difference is, this team has plenty of young talent tat is being poorly utilized.

townsend

Banned
His last two seasons, Campo's teams had the same crappy 5-11 record but they were in a lot of games until late in the 3rd, into the 4th quarter, those teams had nowhere near the talent that this one does and they were literally throwing QB shit against the wall to see what stuck after Aikman went down. Sound familiar? These are the Campo Years V. 2 with more overall talent. Even Campo's teams never managed an 8 game losing streak, tied for the second worst in franchise history in '89 and surpassed only by Landry's swan song in '88 and the franchise's expansion season.

People can spin it all they want, this has been a historically bad stretch for this team. The difference is, this team has plenty of young talent tat is being poorly utilized.
I agree completely. Busted ass Emmitt Smith and the results of a half dozen Larry Lacewell inspired drafts is nothing compared to an all-Star offensive line and a WR with HOF potential. Campo wasn't a good HC by any means. But nobody could have won with that shithouse team.

Garrett spent 3 years with our so called new "triplets" going 8-8. Fuck him.

Last edited:

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Yep. The Garrett homers would blame all of this on backup QBs, but Cassel and even Weeden are as good or better than the crap QBs Campo had. Even with those guys it's amazing we managed to lose seven in a row.

But I guess that's where Garrett's one game at a time mantra comes in handy. Failing seven in a row seems like an impossible task, but stack each and every loss one day at a time, and before you know it you're there.

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
Yep. The Garrett homers would blame all of this on backup QBs, but Cassel and even Weeden are as good or better than the crap QBs Campo had. Even with those guys it's amazing we managed to lose seven in a row.

But I guess that's where Garrett's one game at a time mantra comes in handy. Failing seven in a row seems like an impossible task, but stack each and every loss one day at a time, and before you know it you're there.

:lol

God, that is so true.

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
I'd take Cassell playing drunk over any of Campo's QBs playing sober.

On any team without Romo, Roethlisberger or Brady (Rodgers would get hurt playing for Garrett), Garrett would have been fired before he ever got the HC job.

Thing is when you work for an outdated idiot, running an outdated offense ain't so bad.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Maybe, but >>> Dez.

What a disappointment this guy is. Huge contract and the guy is NEVER open unless he gets matched up on a LB or a safety of Barry Church's talent.

A CB is on him close ALL THE TIME. Ok, the vast majority of the time. He has to out jump or out muscle the CB for a catch because they are always there.
We should trade him for a third round pick before the league catches on.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Couldn't be that the guy is coming back from a pretty severe injury or anything. Plus Romo missed some throws to him. There is at least one that would have been a huge play to Dez that Romo missed the throw.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
There is at least one that would have been a huge play to Dez that Romo missed the throw.
He was wide open early for what would have been around a 70+ yard TD that Romo missed. With Norman trailing about 5 yards behind.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
He was wide open early for what would have been around a 70+ yard TD that Romo missed. With Norman trailing about 5 yards behind.
People bitching about Dez are just bitching for the sake of bitching.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I'd rather have a system that plays to his physicality more than a couple of plays a game.

There is no reason why he should be running as many long developing pass plays as he does. He is like Owens, he needs to be involved, a lot and early.

Otherwise, he gets wrapped up in whatever capable man cornerback he plays against and gets distracted.

Not everyone can be Bradley Fletcher.

People bitching about Dez are just bitching for the sake of bitching.
You can only look at the games he disappears. And try to figure out why.

I will give him the injury mulligan. Why not. But if we return to this offense, with him doing the same things, then we kind of need to lower the expectations for him a bit.

I would as soon draft another WR capable of being a WR1 early.

Top Bottom