Week 10 Gameday Chatter | Cowboys vs Jaguars | 11/9/2014

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
We're 2 hours from kickoff and we don't have a Gameday thread?

Anyway, it's a close first half but we pull away in the 2nd to win by 2 scores.

Murray goes for 170-plus, and I wouldn't be surprised to see him get 200.

Cowboys 27

Jaguars 10

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
First half the team misses curfew, now Texas Ace does the Gameday thread.

:ballpunch

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
[h=3]Welcome to Wembley Stadium[/h]November, 9, 2014

By Todd Archer | ESPNDallas.com

LONDON -- Welcome to Wembley Stadium, where the Dallas Cowboys take on the Jacksonville Jaguars Sunday in this season's third and final game of the NFL’s International Series.

The Cowboys have lost two straight games after their 6-1 start and are no longer atop the NFC East. The Jaguars are 1-8 and have lost 15 of their last 16 games to NFC opponents.

Jacksonville could be the perfect tonic for the Cowboys to get back on the winning track.

Welcome back: Tony Romo will play through two fractures in his back after missing last week’s game against the Arizona Cardinals, which should be a big boost to an offense that was stagnant.

Romo has played through injuries throughout his career, including a punctured lung and broken rib in 2011. The Cowboys have said there is no risk of further injury, and Romo was able to move well enough in his two practices during the week to convince him he was ready to return.

“You go back through minicamp and training camp and lot of people were wondering if he will be able to come back,” tight end Jason Witten said. “His mindset is just, he is the ultimate competitor, he really is. His whole perspective in coming back in those games is, ‘I want to win.’ He has shown that throughout his career. Not only just the ultimate competitor, but a great football player. That toughness flows throughout our football team. He is a great example of that.”

Gotta be the shoes: The first time the Cowboys stepped on the Wembley Stadium pitch was for Saturday’s walk-through. While those are generally light affairs the day before the game, the Cowboys spent time making sure they had the right cleats ready for the game.

In previous games at Wembley, the turf has been chewed up and loose.

“I think the biggest thing is the equipment guys have everybody prepared, half-inch cleats, 5/8-inch cleats, three-quarters, whatever guys are wearing, just make sure you have the right stuff on and don’t let equipment be a factor in the game,” Cowboys coach Jason Garrett said.

The ref: John Parry’s crew will call Sunday’s game. Here is a breakdown of Parry’ work in last week’s game between the Philadelphia Eagles and Houston Texans.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Cowboys are in a slump. We need a slumpbuster.

Who's first in the chute?

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
First half the team misses curfew, now Texas Ace does the Gameday thread.

:ballpunch
Shit, I have good history in the few times I've started these threads.

You'll be thanking me later.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Romo definitely starting. As long as we don't have pensive Tony I think we win easily. If we get curl up and dive Tony, this could be a long game.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Worst. Gameday thread start. Ever.

1bigfan13

Staff member
Would be nice to see them go back to what got them to 6-1.

RUN. THE. DAMN. BALL.

I'm going to be disappointed if our RBs don't total at least 35 carries.

BTW, I get that they want to limit Murray's carries some but the idiots in charge need to realize that limiting his carries doesn't mean don't run at all. Give Dunbar and pantie thief 10-12 carries between them.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Romo definitely starting. As long as we don't have pensive Tony I think we win easily. If we get curl up and dive Tony, this could be a long game.
He can go out there at 60% and we'll be fine.

Just make the easy completions when they're there to be made, run the ball about 30 times, and get the 2 turnovers from the Jags that you know are coming.

Do that and it's an easy win.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Whew. I thought for a minute Michael Irvin was going to pick against the Cowboys. If he did, I would be scared.

Cotton

Staff member
Would be nice to see them go back to what got them to 6-1.

RUN. THE. DAMN. BALL.

I'm going to be disappointed if our RBs don't total at least 35 carries.

BTW, I get that they want to limit Murray's carries some but the idiots in charge need to realize that limiting his carries doesn't mean don't run at all. Give Dunbar and pantie thief 10-12 carries between them.
Pretty much spot on.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Those highlights of Romo ducking into the fetal position are what we probably need to expect to see a lot of today.

1bigfan13

Staff member
Those highlights of Romo ducking into the fetal position are what we probably need to expect to see a lot of today.
Most definitely.

As soon as the pocket gets a bit cluttered I expect him to go down quicker than a two-dollar whore in Vegas.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Inactives:

Cowboys:
Davon Coleman DT
Tyrone Crawford DT
Tim Dobbins LB
Jakar Hamilton DB
Donald Hawkins T
Tony Hills T
Dustin Vaughan QB

Jags:
Andre Branch DE
Mike Brown WR
Tommie Campbell DB
Jeremiah George LB
Storm Johnson RB
Brandon Linder G
Sam Young T

Cotton

Staff member
At least we have Leary and Free back. That should help.

Top Bottom