DMN: Jerry Rice - The Dallas Cowboys are 'fake pretenders'

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Former 49ers star and Hall of Famer Jerry Rice doesn't think the 6-3 Cowboys are contenders.

"I feel like the Cowboys are fake pretenders," Rice told Pro Football Now. "They show a potential at times, but then they show that, hey, look, you know, we’re not really that team. I think with Philadelphia, right now, they’re the front runners right now. Then, you’ve got the Dallas Cowboys, I’m a little hesitant when it comes to them." ​

"I'm sure I'm going to take a lot of heat. But I don't like those Cowboys anyhow.

When asked if Dallas quarterback Tony Romo is going to play, Rice said, "No." He also questioned the Cowboys inserting Romo back into the game in the loss to Washington.

"I questioned when he came back after he was hurt. I noticed Jerry Jones went down to the sidelines, he looked at Jason Garrett and he said, 'Look, he’s ready. Put him back in.' And I don’t think he should’ve been back in that ball game."

p1_

DCC 4Life
Good thing I could give a shit about Rice's opinion.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Jerry Rice, Steve Young, Chris Berman, and Ray Lewis CAN'T STAND the Dallas Cowboys.

Fuck em.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
The only reason this team would be a pretender is Romo's health. If you guaranteed me right now that Romo can play the rest of the year at at least 80% I'd guarantee that we win the division and at least one playoff game.

VA Cowboy

Brand New Member
The only reason this team would be a pretender is Romo's health. If you guaranteed me right now that Romo can play the rest of the year at at least 80% I'd guarantee that we win the division and at least one playoff game.
I think we'd win the division, especially considering how Foles has a broken collarbone. But I wouldn't be ready to guarantee a playoff win. Tony's big game jitters, Murray's fumbling, propensity of Linehan/JG/Romo to go pass happy at the first sign of trouble and an overachieving yet under talented defense and you'd have the makings of another one and done if we get that far.

As for Rice, yeah, it doesn't take a genius to say Dallas is a pretender. They haven't finished above .500 since JG has been HC and were expected to finish .500 or worse this season. Throw in the injuries to Durant after having Lee out for the year and now Romo and yeah not many this side of the CZ is going to expect Dallas to be real contenders.

Last edited:

Cotton

Staff member
Wouldn't a fake pretender be a pretender that is only faking being a pretender, therefore being a contender?

Pretty much in your FACE, Jerry Rice.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Wouldn't a fake pretender be a pretender that is only faking being a pretender, therefore being a contender?

Pretty much in your FACE, Jerry Rice.
Right now 6 -3 record speaks for itself. This statistic now and as the season progresses make its own statement regardless of individual bias. That's why this week's game is critically important

Cotton

Staff member
Sounds like Jerry was tired of being ignored. It's the classic bash the Cowboys line in order to make oneself relevant again.
Sounds like the same MO of another Jerry we know.

Top Bottom