User Tag List

Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9171819

Thread: College Basketball Chatter...

Quote Originally Posted by Iamtdg View Post
    That is fantastic. Couldn't have happened to a nicer bunch of fans.

Oregon not boxing out on FTs in the last 10 seconds is the most pathetic way to lose that I've seen in a long while. UNC gave them every opportunity to get off a game winner and they couldn't even take possession.

UNC has been horribly inconsistent on offense all Tournament but just keeps squeaking by, mostly by unexpectedly good defense and downright dominant rebounding.

They don't really deserve to win. But on the other hand, Berry and Hicks can't really play worse, and I see no reason that Meeks and Jackson, who have both been playing well, are gonna cool off. Can't expect another 25 point performance from Meeks but you also aren't gonna get like 2-20 combined from Hicks and Berry.

Maybe it will be enough, but my money is on Gonzaga.

Tie game with 10 minutes left, but an ugly game.

Poor shooting and fouls every freaking possession. Not fun to watch.

Just an awful game.

But I'll take it!!!!!!

Patrick Ewing going home.

Quote Originally Posted by mschmidt64 View Post
    Just an awful game.

But I'll take it!!!!!!

Yeah it was pretty awful.

Gonzaga struggled.

UNC struggled.

And the refs flat out sucked. I mean, they literally sucked any joy and entertainment out of last night's game.

That was easily one of the worst title games that I've ever witnessed.....in any sport.

8. The following 2 users like this post:

El Other Presidente' UncleMilti's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 1bigfan13 View Post
    Yeah it was pretty awful.

Gonzaga struggled.

UNC struggled.

And the refs flat out sucked. I mean, they literally sucked any joy and entertainment out of last night's game.

That was easily one of the worst title games that I've ever witnessed.....in any sport.
    Take the refs out of the equation, and I bet that would have been an epic battle in the paint. I mean...it was a fucking whistle..every...damn...play. At least it seemed that way.

Its a shame the best basketball between those 2 teams was the last 3 mins of the ballgame. Absolutely inexcusable on the NCAA side of things. If you can't get better refs than that, then it may be time to let an outside resource manage the tournament.

El Other Presidente' UncleMilti's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mschmidt64 View Post
    UNC has been horribly inconsistent on offense all Tournament but just keeps squeaking by, mostly by unexpectedly good defense and downright dominant rebounding.

They don't really deserve to win. But on the other hand, Berry and Hicks can't really play worse, and I see no reason that Meeks and Jackson, who have both been playing well, are gonna cool off. Can't expect another 25 point performance from Meeks but you also aren't gonna get like 2-20 combined from Hicks and Berry.

Maybe it will be enough, but my money is on Gonzaga.
    Damn Schmitty...0-2 buddy.

Quote Originally Posted by UncleMilti View Post
    Damn Schmitty...0-2 buddy.
    They played horribly throughout the tourney and really scrapped and scraped by.

You can't blame me... it's just that Gonzaga played worse. I guess I'm not giving credit to our D... but I was looking at our offensive efficiency and it was just not there. That ended up being true!

As an aside, amazing that we talk about Roy Williams being overrated, but now he has more championships than all but like 4 other coaches in history.

12. The following user likes this post: