9000 per week streaming across the border...

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Just because its less does not mean its none, there are still plenty of shit jobs in production and manufacturing to create demand, Sanderson farms near me is one example.
Did I say no jobs? I was making a point that the agriculture jobs are considerably less.

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
Just because its less does not mean its none, there are still plenty of shit jobs in production and manufacturing to create demand, Sanderson farms near me is one example.
and, once again, no reason we can't document and let in enough legal immigrants to do those jobs.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
By and large, and depending on the state, not so fast. If there is E-Verify there, they are not illegals working there if the business supplying the labor is obeying the law.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
By and large, and depending on the state, not so fast. If there is E-Verify there, they are not illegals working there if the business supplying the labor is obeying the law.
What are you taking about with this E-Verify stuff?

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
It's software that companies can use to instantly bounce off of gov't records to prove is disprove employee eligibility.

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
Because legal immigrants will want higher wages and could unionize.
They'd be legal immigrants, not citizens. If they don't want to stay employed they can go home. Unlike Americans and Illegal Immigrants, legal immigrants can't just go on welfare, they get deported.

Jiggyfly

Banned
That's the biggest issue most of the places that do shit work like chicken processing don't use E-Verify or just look the other way concerning documents.

If employers actually used the tools given them the jobs for illegals would dry up and would stem the tide.

Companies would then have to pay higher wages cutting profits.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
That's the biggest issue most of the places that do shit work like chicken processing don't use E-Verify or just look the other way concerning documents.

If employers actually used the tools given them the jobs for illegals would dry up and would stem the tide.

If they were willing to pay higher wages they wouldn't use illegal immigrants. The local market would suffice. Of course it's all tied to economics.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Non-border states are going to E-Verify which basically keeps employers from looking the other way. Has been installed in both NC and SC and it has made what was a growing Hispanic population leave.

Florida, Texas, Arizona and California would never do it though.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

"Shit work" is the real issue here.

It is "shit work" because your average unskilled American won't do it. And if they do, it is for a very short period of time.

Otherwise, it is just easier to live off of welfare.

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
"Shit work" is the real issue here.

It is "shit work" because your average unskilled American won't do it. And if they do, it is for a very short period of time.

Otherwise, it is just easier to live off of welfare.
I'm surprised you haven't pointed out that an American would have to pay taxes, social security, and medicare tax on that money, then the employer would have to spend as much in the general administrative overhead for having an employee as he actually pays out in wages. Then you have workman's comp and OSHA. If a guy doesn't exist you don't have to pay him for being hurt in your unsafe workplace.

Paying straight cash under the table has a lot of advantages. I know you're aware of that since you work in that field.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I'm surprised you haven't pointed out that an American would have to pay taxes, social security, and medicare tax on that money, then the employer would have to spend as much in the general administrative overhead for having an employee as he actually pays out in wages. Then you have workman's comp and OSHA. If a guy doesn't exist you don't have to pay him for being hurt in your unsafe workplace.

Paying straight cash under the table has a lot of advantages. I know you're aware of that since you work in that field.
Hey, hold on. Never hired anyone and paid them under the table. The contract work my company does is employing temp labor. The risk involved is simple, you can either do it legit (or semi-legit) or go under the table. We've always done it by the book. If someone gets popped by the SSA, we'd just fire them. No big deal.

In years past it might have worked to kind of say their work authorization or SSC looked sort of legit, but not since E-Verify in 2010. Took a huge bite out of our labor pool. As a result turnover has skyrocketed and productivity has gone way down.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Hey, hold on. Never hired anyone and paid them under the table. The contract work my company does is employing temp labor. The risk involved is simple, you can either do it legit (or semi-legit) or go under the table. We've always done it by the book. If someone gets popped by the SSA, we'd just fire them. No big deal.

In years past it might have worked to kind of say their work authorization or SSC looked sort of legit, but not since E-Verify in 2010. Took a huge bite out of our labor pool. As a result turnover has skyrocketed and productivity has gone way down.
Ever heard of Express Personnell?

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard

No, I meant you work in hiring and HR, so you know what the overhead is for hiring someone legitimately.

fortsbest

DCC 4Life

You're right in part, but then let's not put any blame on the Federal government for not doing one of the things it actually IS supposed to do. Oh no, Let's let them stick a hand in every aspect of life they aren't supposed to but ignore the ones they are. It hasn't been just Obama and his cronies, but don't think for one second they didn't know this was coming, wanted it and had a plan in place for it.

Jiggyfly

Banned
You're right in part, but then let's not put any blame on the Federal government for not doing one of the things it actually IS supposed to do. Oh no, Let's let them stick a hand in every aspect of life they aren't supposed to but ignore the ones they are. It hasn't been just Obama and his cronies, but don't think for one second they didn't know this was coming, wanted it and had a plan in place for it.
Of course you think that because Obama and his cronies are master manipulators.

Care to explain why they would benefit from this?

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
Of course you think that because Obama and his cronies are master manipulators.

Care to explain why they would benefit from this?
It's always been a Democratic strategy to get as many illegals in as possible and then try to legalize them later so they can vote Democrat.

shane

DCC 4Life
It's always been a Democratic strategy to get as many illegals in as possible and then try to legalize them later so they can vote Democrat.
Yep, and the establishment GOP wants the illegals to flood in so corporations can employ them, pay them nothing and make huge profits. That's bipartisanship for you.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Dunno the stats, but I swear that I read somewhere that the GOP gets the Hispanic vote.

Top Bottom