Quote Originally Posted by Iamtdg View Post
    Trae Young is killing me.
    FIFY

#BoomerSooner

One-armed Knife Sharpener Iamtdg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 1bigfan13 View Post
    FIFY

#BoomerSooner

Yeah, he came alive in the second half. It was a good game. Tech was extremely sloppy with the ball in the first half, or it might have been closer.
    2016 DCC LOTY Fantasy Football Champion

Yeah, he came alive in the second half. It was a good game. Tech was extremely sloppy with the ball in the first half, or it might have been closer.
    The first half he was frustrating me with his bad shot selections. It looked like he was more concerned with getting himself going than running the offense. As he matures he'll realize that playing off your teammates, utilizing screens, etc. will create easier scoring opportunities.

Kind of odd that a long tenured and decorated coach like Lon Kruger would allow a Freshman to go all AAU during games. I guess it was a recruiting promise they made to get him to play for Oklahoma, because we rarely get 5 star recruits in basketball. He had offers to blue blood programs like Kansas and Kentucky but he chose to stay home and play at OU. So maybe they bent over backwards to secure talent that they normally wouldn't have a snowballs chance in hell at getting.

Quote Originally Posted by 1bigfan13 View Post
    The first half he was frustrating me with his bad shot selections. It looked like he was more concerned with getting himself going than running the offense. As he matures he'll realize that playing off your teammates, utilizing screens, etc. will create easier scoring opportunities.

Kind of odd that a long tenured and decorated coach like Lon Kruger would allow a Freshman to go all AAU during games. I guess it was a recruiting promise they made to get him to play for Oklahoma, because we rarely get 5 star recruits in basketball. He had offers to blue blood programs like Kansas and Kentucky but he chose to stay home and play at OU. So maybe they bent over backwards to secure talent that they normally wouldn't have a snowballs chance in hell at getting.
    He was definitely trying to force it early, but the way he showed maturity to me was how he got himself in a groove. He did it by feeding his teammates and letting them score. As soon as you guys got the lead, though. he lit on fire.

Wow what a game! Impressive win by TTU! Now how is it we can't beat OU? That's just ridiculous. We got Texas on the 17th. We should handle them easily.

Quote Originally Posted by vince View Post
    Wow what a game! Impressive win by TTU! Now how is it we can't beat OU? That's just ridiculous. We got Texas on the 17th. We should handle them easily.
    That was one of the most fun games I have ever watched. Down by as much as 11 at one point, had only one lead of 1 point in the first half.

They screwed the pooch by switching to a zone D in the second half. We flattened that shit and went to the corners for 3s. I think that lost them the game.

Just an incredible win.

That was one of the most fun games I have ever watched. Down by as much as 11 at one point, had only one lead of 1 point in the first half.

They screwed the pooch by switching to a zone D in the second half. We flattened that shit and went to the corners for 3s. I think that lost them the game.

Just an incredible win.
    I wasn't able to watch the first half but sure glad I caught the 2nd. Man that was some comeback. FT shooting was near perfect too. Loved the composure they had throughout.

Quote Originally Posted by vince View Post
    I wasn't able to watch the first half but sure glad I caught the 2nd. Man that was some comeback. FT shooting was near perfect too. Loved the composure they had throughout.
    We have got to get better at ball control. We have way too damn many unforced turnovers. That has got to improve.