TV Thread

Carl

RIP Brother
That's fine. I trust the writers and casting choices. Last season was excellent all around. I hope they bring the deaf guy back somehow though.
I don't remember the name of the heavy female cop; but she won't be in the next show; as I read it is about the time period when her Father, who runs the cafe, came back from Vietnam in the early/ mid-70's. If this is true, not sure how too many characters can come back other than him.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

Jiggyfly

Banned
Just finished Fargo and I have to say Bravo, just a great show all around and they stuck the landing.

Malvo has to be in my top 5 characters of all time, the overall acting was top notch I think Odenkirk and Carradine did great in there limited roles.

Glad to see it coming back I have great faith in the writer.

Jiggyfly

Banned
Don't know if anybody else wondered what it was that cam back to the Carradine characters house but they mention it in here.

This is a bit long, but it gives some great insight to the show.

Last edited:

Carp

DCC 4Life
I watched Rectify on Netflix...odd show, but really interesting.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Anyone check out the History channel's miniseries 'The World Wars'? I believe it initially aired in May.

It's a 3-part series with each episode lasting 2 hours long. It wasn't too in-depth being that they were covering approx. 30 years of history in a 6 hour span, so the true WW1 & WW2 history buffs may not enjoy it as much, but overall I think they did a good job with it.

I particularly enjoyed episode 1 where they highlighted the WW1 roles of leaders like Patton, Mussolini, Churchill & Hitler. Those guys are better known for their prominence in WW2 so it was interesting to see how they fit into WW1.

One thing that I didn't know is that Hitler could easily have been killed in WW1 but a British Private spared him and let him flee because Hitler was wounded & weary and posed no threat. Crazy to think of how different history would be had that Private pulled the trigger.

D

Deuce

One thing that I didn't know is that Hitler could easily have been killed in WW1 but a British Private spared him and let him flee because Hitler was wounded & weary and posed no threat. Crazy to think of how different history would be had that Private pulled the trigger.
I almost hope that Private died before what led to WWII. Imagine living with the guilt of knowing you could have drastically altered history (theoretically) for the better and saving millions of lives. You could try and rationalize it that you thought you did the right thing sparing a harmless man, but I can't imagine anyone being able to live with that forever.

1bigfan13

Staff member
I almost hope that Private died before what led to WWII. Imagine living with the guilt of knowing you could have drastically altered history (theoretically) for the better and saving millions of lives. You could try and rationalize it that you thought you did the right thing sparing a harmless man, but I can't imagine anyone being able to live with that forever.
I looked him up. His name was Henry Tandey and he lived until 1977.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
[MENTION=6]1bigfan13[/MENTION] - I saw them a d I thought they were great.

They were going to air extended versions of each episode about a month after the original episodes aired but I totally forgot to tune in.

I wish I knew when the extended versions would be coming on again.

1bigfan13

Staff member
[MENTION=6]1bigfan13[/MENTION] - I saw them a d I thought they were great.

They were going to air extended versions of each episode about a month after the original episodes aired but I totally forgot to tune in.

I wish I knew when the extended versions would be coming on again.
I'll have to do a little research into finding those extended versions.

D

Deuce

I'll have to do a little research into finding those extended versions.
A longer look into a lot of these events are in the Untold History series on Showtime. Produced and written by Oliver Stone so you'd think it might get a little conspiratory, but he wanted to go with only the facts and its well done.

Irving Cowboy

DCC 4Life
A longer look into a lot of these events are in the Untold History series on Showtime. Produced and written by Oliver Stone so you'd think it might get a little conspiratory, but he wanted to go with only the facts and its well done.
That was an excellent series, even if it leaned left a little.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
I just hate that the summers are so devoid of anything decent. Then they cram everything into the early fall.
Yeah, I agree. The only thing I have going right now is Deadliest Catch and catching up on GoT.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Anyone check out the History channel's miniseries 'The World Wars'? I believe it initially aired in May.

It's a 3-part series with each episode lasting 2 hours long. It wasn't too in-depth being that they were covering approx. 30 years of history in a 6 hour span, so the true WW1 & WW2 history buffs may not enjoy it as much, but overall I think they did a good job with it.

I particularly enjoyed episode 1 where they highlighted the WW1 roles of leaders like Patton, Mussolini, Churchill & Hitler. Those guys are better known for their prominence in WW2 so it was interesting to see how they fit into WW1.

If you want to see an interesting war documentary watch "The Ghost Army". I had heard a little about it but this is the first time I saw actual footage. It on Amazon Prime but may also be on Netflix.

jeebs

Brand New Member
I'd sleep like a baby.

Top Bottom