4th down play in OT, missed receivers.

Jiggyfly

Banned
Romo definitely panicked pockets clean and Williams and Beasley are behind coverage both are probably TDs

UncleMilti

This seemed like a good idea at the time.
Staff member
Wow.....

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
It's what I was saying, Romo wasn't seeing the field at all. He was missing tons of wide open players.

UncleMilti

This seemed like a good idea at the time.
Staff member
Thats a TD or at the very least a 40 yard play to Williams.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Again, 2 guys are clearly double covered. 2 guys aren't and they have their men beat. It's a play even Weeden could have made. Nothing against Romo but with his back injury I don't know if he was capable or ready to make that type of throw. He should have never been put back into the game.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Let's just hope Romo doesn't play on Sunday.

jeebs

Brand New Member
You can't put a broken player in and be mad when he doesn't make plays. I would have put him, but hindsight shows he was clearly broken and coaching made a mistake.

DLK150

DCC 4Life
He was in deer in the headlights mode for a good part of the game, so it's no surprise that he missed open receivers. He was probably more focused on keeping his ass from getting laid out, which happened anyway.

jeebs

Brand New Member
He was in deer in the headlights mode for a good part of the game, so it's no surprise that he missed open receivers. He was probably more focused on keeping his ass from getting laid out, which happened anyway.
The play he was injured on was brutal. The vaunted o line needs to own that one.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
You can't put a broken player in and be mad when he doesn't make plays. I would have put him, but hindsight shows he was clearly broken and coaching made a mistake.
I wouldn't have played him. He was panicking and playing like crap well before the injury.

He sucked and shouldn't have been allowed back in the game. Especially considering Weeden looked like a level headed rookie while Romo looked like a rookie making his first career start.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
The play he was injured on was brutal. The vaunted o line needs to own that one.
A lot of that was on Romo. He holds some responsibility in lining up the pass protection.

jeebs

Brand New Member
I wouldn't have played him. He was panicking and playing like crap well before the injury.
i was drunk in a bar, I remember him playing somewhere between great and serviceable, it is all a little fuzzy

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
Sturm broke it down. That one was on Murray. But more than enough blame to go around all game.
Murray's guy never gets close to Tony on the play he got hurt

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
We are lucky he isn't gone for the season. That was a free shot.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Murray's guy never gets close to Tony on the play he got hurt
Even with a new coordinator, we're still running way too many vertical routes under pressure.

Look at that play and look at the space Dez has between himself and the DB. That is a an easy catch and run with a lot of yards if they just call a slant.

Do these guys not understand making adjustments in games like this?

lostxn

DCC 4Life
You guys do realize that Romo is about 6 feet tall and everyone immediately in front of him is significantly taller. I think people forget that Romo's height affects his ability to see the field. Manning (well both of them) can see everything because they are tall as hell. Romo, not so much. He sees through cracks between the players. Amazing he can function that way. Brees is the same way.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Bullshit.

The line consists of 5 guys. They blocked 5 guys. The other 8 rushers coming on that play are accounted for by the TE picking up number six, which they did. The RB picking up number seven, which they did. And the free rusher has to be beaten by the WRs and QB recognizing what is coming and running/passing a route accordingly. They did not.

Last edited:
Top Bottom