Draft Chatter

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
John Dorsey: Trade compensation holding up Albert deal

Posted by Josh Alper on April 24, 2013, 6:37 PM EDT

We heard earlier on Wednesday that the Chiefs and Dolphins are again talking about a trade involving tackle Branden Albert and now we’ve heard what the sticking point is to getting a deal done.

Chiefs General Manager John Dorsey spoke to Steve Wyche of the NFL Network on Wednesday afternoon and confirmed that the two teams are talking about a trade. He also revealed that the major hang-up to signing off on the trade is a disagreement over trade compensation. Dorsey didn’t say what the Chiefs were looking for, although several reports have them looking for at least a second-round pick. The Dolphins have two second-rounders — the 42nd and 54th picks — that could be used in a deal for Albert.

We may not know the particulars of what each team is proposing in terms of compensation, but it doesn’t take much of a leap to suggest this one is going to come down to one side or the other blinking first. Dorsey said that the Chiefs aren’t set on trading Albert no matter what, but it does seem like their preferred course of action with Luke Joeckel and Eric Fisher looking like the likeliest choices with the first overall pick.

Even though the second round doesn’t get underway until Friday night, there’s some time pressure to get a deal done because Albert’s back injury from last season makes a physical one more step that needs to be taken for a trade to go down.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Apparently there is a rumor going around that Sheldon Richardson is not 22, but 24. :lol

D

Deuce

Apparently there is a rumor going around that Sheldon Richardson is not 22, but 24. :lol
How does that happen? Is he a Cuban born baseball player?

as an aside, Greg Cosell just said on CBS that Glennon should be a 1st rounder and is the next Matt Ryan.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Talk heats up that Chiefs prefer Fisher to Joeckel

Posted by Michael David Smith on April 24, 2013, 7:14 PM EDT

For months, the vast majority of mock drafts have had the Chiefs taking Texas A&M left tackle Luke Joeckel with the first overall pick. But with the first round 24 hours away, we’re starting to hear more talk that the Chiefs will go with Central Michigan left tackle Eric Fisher.

Jay Glazer of FOX Sports reports that the Chiefs are still fielding calls about trading out of the top pick, but Glazer believes that if the Chiefs don’t trade the pick, Fisher will be their pick. Glazer has a knack for going against the grain and getting it right, so we’d put a lot of stock in that prediction.

Both of NFL Network’s reporters, Albert Breer and Ian Rapoport, echoed Glazer’s prediction, saying that they also believe Fisher will be the first overall pick.

Still, Joeckel is generally viewed as the safer pick of the two, and not everyone believes the hype on Fisher. Peter King’s just-released mock draft has Fisher slipping all the way to No. 6.

Unlike last year’s Colts, who never hid their intention of drafting Andrew Luck, this year’s Chiefs are keeping everything close to the vest. Both Fisher and Joeckel have said they do not know what will happen on Thursday night. Like the rest of us, they’ll find out tomorrow.
-----------------

If you look at the two and how they carry themselves, I would take Fisher. I know Joeckel has the big school thing, but he also had Manziel running around like his hair was on fire too.

He looks meaner and comes from more of a blue collar background.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
as an aside, Greg Cosell just said on CBS that Glennon should be a 1st rounder and is the next Matt Ryan.
:lol

I know Cosell "goes off film", but you cannot tell me that a goofy looking frick like Glennon is the next Ryan.

Ryan is goofy looking too, but he has a little bit of fire. Glennon just does not have that.

Bob Roberts

Professor StinkFinger
booze seems to care an awful lot about how people look goofy. He's a goofyist.

GForce78NJ

Not So New Member
I would take Glennon/Tyler Wilson over EJ Manuel/Ryan Nassib. I don't see the hype over either one of them, especially Manuel. The dude is the most inconsistent QB in college football

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I would take Glennon/Tyler Wilson over EJ Manuel/Ryan Nassib. I don't see the hype over either one of them, especially Manuel. The dude is the most inconsistent QB in college football
I liked Glennon a little at one point and then I saw the Senior Bowl and some other film of him throwing and good god the guy's accuracy blows. He misses way too many throws.

I agree on Tyler Wilson though. Of all the QBs in this draft I have always liked him. He doesn't necessarily have elite physical talent but the guy is tough as nails and I don't see any glaring weaknesses with him. I know according to Gruden his footwork sucked this past year but I think he got sloppy because everything around him was shit.

Manuel has grown on me a bit though.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
booze seems to care an awful lot about how people look goofy. He's a goofyist.
I admit it.

If the guy looks like a goof, chances are he's not mentally healthy because he's been teased a lot.

Mike Glennon looks circus ugly. I can't envision him being the BMOC banging all the chicks.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I admit it.

If the guy looks like a goof, chances are he's not mentally healthy because he's been teased a lot.

Mike Glennon looks circus ugly. I can't envision him being the BMOC banging all the chicks.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I liked Glennon a little at one point and then I saw the Senior Bowl and some other film of him throwing and good god the guy's accuracy blows. He misses way too many throws.

I agree on Tyler Wilson though. Of all the QBs in this draft I have always liked him. He doesn't necessarily have elite physical talent but the guy is tough as nails and I don't see any glaring weaknesses with him. I know according to Gruden his footwork sucked this past year but I think he got sloppy because everything around him was shit.

Manuel has grown on me a bit though.
I think a lot about the QB position is as much mental as physical.

Manuel was never regarded highly until he showed people at the Senior Bowl he could be a take charge guy. Russell Wilson did the same thing.

Glennon could have punched himself a first round ticket with his measureables, but that's not his personality.

You have to have a special personality to become a successful NFL QB. Just from his looks and stuff I have seen with Glennon with Mariucci...sorry don't see it.

D

Deuce

:lol

I know Cosell "goes off film", but you cannot tell me that a goofy looking frick like Glennon is the next Ryan.

Ryan is goofy looking too, but he has a little bit of fire. Glennon just does not have that.
The film they did show of Glennon was impressive. Accurate and in right holes while standing tall and taking hits.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
The film they did show of Glennon was impressive. Accurate and in right holes while standing tall and taking hits.
They don't show him looking like a sad circus freak walking off the field after a bad INT.

Romo at least isn't a ginger with a giraffe neck.

D

Deuce

Wait, he's a ginger?

Oh, we're more than interested. Someone tell McGee to clean out his locker.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
That's the problem with highlights, they don't show a QB missing the routine throws.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Can't remember the last time there was this much uncertainty about who was gonna go first overall.

But maybe I'm just saying that and literally can't remember, and it happened like 2 years ago.

D

Deuce

Can't remember the last time there was this much uncertainty about who was gonna go first overall.

But maybe I'm just saying that and literally can't remember, and it happened like 2 years ago.
I know the Chiefs never made an official announcement, but have they really even looked into someone other than Joeckel? All I see is them working on deals to push out their current LT.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
I know the Chiefs never made an official announcement, but have they really even looked into someone other than Joeckel? All I see is them working on deals to push out their current LT.
Yeah but it could be Joeckel or Fisher.

I mean, last year it was clearly Luck over RGIII. The year before Newton was obviously the first overall pick. Or am I misremembering that?

Top Bottom