Archive - Random Cowboys Related Stuff Thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
I think I could guarantee 5 straight 16 game seasons too if I planned to curl into a fetal position every time someone broke through my line.

RIP Pimp Mode

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Damn I heart Sturm.

Spot on. Bravo.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
He played like that almost the entire season. Like Deuce said, RIP pimp mode.
Yep this one actually wasn't that bad compared to later in the season

Cotton

Staff member
Yep this one actually wasn't that bad compared to later in the season
It was still pretty bad. He had lanes to roll out, and just curled up. Before he would have never done that. He would have gotten out of the pocket. Not anymore. But, on the right side, he said he will be with us for the next 5 years. So, plenty of time to fix that.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
He played like that almost the entire season. Like Deuce said, RIP pimp mode.
A QB would be stupid to just let the defense take a clean shot. It the intelligent thing to do.

Cotton

Staff member
A QB would be stupid to just let the defense take a clean shot. It the intelligent thing to do.
I agree. He should have gotten out of the pocket instead laying down like a little bitch.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
It was still pretty bad. He had lanes to roll out, and just curled up. Before he would have never done that. He would have gotten out of the pocket. Not anymore. But, on the right side, he said he will be with us for the next 5 years. So, plenty of time to fix that.
I don see any lanes to roll out. The only openings take the QB toward the LOS.

Cotton

Staff member
I don se E any lanes to roll out. The only openings take the QB toward the LOS.
He had very clear lanes to both sides. Both DE's had overpursued and were past him when he started his fetal falldown.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
He had very clear lanes to both sides. Both DE's had overpursued and were past him when he started his fetal falldown.
Romo is not fast enough to get to either of those lanes. He would get smashed by the secondary about one yard from the LOS. Go down and avoid the hit.

UncleMilti

This seemed like a good idea at the time.
Staff member
I don see any lanes to roll out. The only openings take the QB toward the LOS.
Um...he had a wide open lane to the right side. Step to the right, step up and throw the ball.

That flopping on the ground shit is ridiculous.

Last edited:

Cotton

Staff member
Romo is not fast enough to get to either of those lanes. He would get smashed by the secondary about one yard from the LOS. Go down and avoid the hit.
No one said he had to run into the secondary. Just not lay down like a little girl. How many times have you seen Romo exit the pocket to get either a more clear passing lane or avoid a sack in the past? Many times. Last year he curled up and died in the pocket. RIP pimp Romo.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
Here's an example of how easy it would of been for him to step up to the right

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Um...he had a wide open lane to the right side. Step to the right, step up and throw the ball.

That flopping on the ground shit is ridiculous.
Looks to me like his own man was in his way. Romo was looking down the field and by the time he decided to pull it down his own blocker was moving toward the lane and would have collided with Romo. That's just my interpretation of what I think I see.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
In the first example there was no open receiver.
Murray is just as open as Harris is in the 2nd gif

also he could always you know just throw it away...

Last edited:

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
In the first example there was no open receiver.
Come on, LT. There was a pretty good lane to the right. And if you look closely, it looks like Harris was open to clear out the middle. Just like in the second gif example.

But even if you can't see that clearly, how can you see that there was no open receiver? The only other one we can see is Dez clearing shallow, moving from right to left.

Edit: Oh, and Murray looked open moving to his right, too.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Come on, LT. There was a pretty good lane to the right. And if you look closely, it looks like Harris was open to clear out the middle. Just like in the second gif example.

But even if you can't see that clearly, how can you see that there was no open receiver? The only other one we can see is Dez clearing shallow, moving from right to left.

Edit: Oh, and Murray looked open moving to his right, too.
I'll concede Murray could have been open. I don't see any openings otherwise unless there is something out of the camera view. Based on the 3 or so seconds the play lasted its probably a safe bet that no other receiver got that far out of camera range. It's conjecture I know but the out come of the play is a pretty common ending in the NFL on an all out blitz.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom