One overlooked important issue...

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
Humble brag alert - My best friend is the husband of the lady holding the baby in the video. My wife is best friends with Jenni Lord who is the founder of this organization. I've been invited to be on the board of one of the best ran, purposeful charities around. These folks give 100% of the race money earned to families who need money for adoption. They startwed in New Baraunfels and now have expanded to 6 major cities. Exciting stuff indeed.

With as many kids who need adopted I cannot begin to understand why and how the system is so screwed. San Antonio has more discarded kids than any other city in American or something close.

[video]http://www.abcactionnews.com/lifestyle/family/amazing-kids-the-success-in-adoptions#Amazing%20Kids%3A%20'The%20Chosen'%20hal f-marathon%20%23thenowtampabay[/video]

Newt

DCC 4Life
That's awesome brother, I'm sure you will do a great job for them.

It's great to see foundations like this, so many people want to adopt kids and can't just because of the money it takes to get through the adoption process. My wife and I have talked about adopting because of the problems we had when she was pregnant and the risk of having another baby, to me, are to great. I make decent money, but you start really looking into the adoption process and it is expensive.

Props on the new endeavor, this sounds like a really good organization and I'm sure you'll only help make them better.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Very cool.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
My wife had an abortion when she was a teenager due to some really bad advice and pressure from others. That ended up almost costing her life. She ended up spiraling downward for a number of years due to the pain and nightmares that she had after making a horrible decision. She is a huge advocate of adoption.

Last year she ended up doing the full marathon. It completely blew me away. On her right knee she completely tore her ACL twice and her MCL once. She had her left knee reconstructed as well. All of that was over 20 years ago, so I was impressed. She doesn't have the best knees to be going through that type of punishment.

fortsbest

DCC 4Life
My wife, 11 year old daughter and I are going to start going through the adoption process after the first of the year. Whenever we talk about it people ask "Are you going over seas?" It kills me knowing how many kids here need a home and people feel they need to go elsewhere. I don't begrudge them that mind you, but kids need families in our own back yard.

BTW, way to go fro you and the wife Skids!

Angrymesscan

DCC 4Life
Props, my respect goes up exponentially to those who adopt.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
My wife, 11 year old daughter and I are going to start going through the adoption process after the first of the year. Whenever we talk about it people ask "Are you going over seas?" It kills me knowing how many kids here need a home and people feel they need to go elsewhere. I don't begrudge them that mind you, but kids need families in our own back yard.

BTW, way to go fro you and the wife Skids!
Who's going to want to adopt an 11 year old?

You should have thought about this years ago.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
Wow, how long did it take for you to think that one up ? :art
Haven't been around much.

Browsing old threads.

Did not take into consideration that I was reviving an old one.

Will make this mistake again.

Now scrolling your old posts.

Look for a notification soon.

Top Bottom