ESPN: Andre Johnson unsure about return

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Andre Johnson unsure about return
Updated: May 13, 2014, 4:30 PM ET
By Tania Ganguli | ESPN.com

PRINT
HOUSTON -- Andre Johnson, who holds virtually every receiving record for the Houston Texans, isn't sure he wants to remain with the organization.

"When you've been somewhere or a long time, nobody's been here as long as I have," Johnson said just after presenting a check to the Houston Area Women's Center. "I've been thinking about things this offseason. Kind of wonder if this is still the place for me."

Johnson said he has no plans right now to participate in organized team activities or the Texans' mandatory minicamp in June. He added that he has not asked for a trade.

Johnson, selected by the Texans in the first round of the 2003 draft, is the franchise's all-time leading receiver with 927 receptions for 12,661 yards and 61 touchdowns in 11 seasons.

Despite catching 109 passes for 1,407 yards and 5 TDs last season, Johnson still endured his share of frustration in the Texans' abysmal 2-14 campaign. Against the Oakland Raiders on November 17, Johnson reached a boiling point, walking off the field in the fourth quarter after an on-field spat with now former Texans quarterback Matt Schaub.

Johnson, 32, will have a new coach this season after the Texans fired coach Gary Kubiak in December and hired Bill O'Brien in January.

"Now I'm on my third head coach, that's something I give thought to," Johnson said. "I just look over my career, is it a place? I've only been to the playoffs twice. I think we've only had three winning seasons, two 8-8 seasons. I don't think any player wants to experience that.

"... You go through a rebuilding process, some people say it's not rebuilding, some people say it's a quick fix. Everybody has their own opinion. But I've been through this more than once. When I make my decision, I'll make my decision."

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I think this is code for "WTF are you trying to do to my career? Ryan Fitzpatrick and Tom Savage, are you kidding me?"

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
At the risk of sounding like those losers with "connections", the barber who cuts my hair is the official barber of the Houston Rockets, and now he's starting to get some clients with the Texans.

He actually told me about 2 weeks ago that word around the team was that Johnson was talking retirement.

I guess he was right.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
At the risk of sounding like those losers with "connections", the barber who cuts my hair is the official barber of the Houston Rockets, and now he's starting to get some clients with the Texans.

He actually told me about 2 weeks ago that word around the team was that Johnson was talking retirement.

I guess he was right.
CSB

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
:lol

I'm sure I would've gotten a lot worse if 2 weeks ago I had said "Hey gaiz! My barber sez teh Andre is thinking about not coming back. I'll keep joo posted!"

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
:lol

I'm sure I would've gotten a lot worse if 2 weeks ago I had said "Hey gaiz! My barber sez teh Andre is thinking about not coming back. I'll keep joo posted!"
The proper terminology is to say "I am hearing that...".

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Indeed, or in this case, I could've even used "I'm being told"

:art
Hearing implies you are doing the work to listen for everyone just so you can share. Like a real swell guy.

"Told" is such an ugly way to say it.

Cotton

Staff member

I guess he was right.
Do your feet touch the ground when you get your hair cut?

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
FAIL.

Unless you're 6 foot 5 or something, no one's feet touch the ground while sitting in an elevated barber's chair.

Leave the short jokes to Carp.

Cotton

Staff member
FAIL.

Unless you're 6 foot 5 or something, no one's feet touch the ground while sitting in an elevated barber's chair.

Leave the short jokes to Carp.
So, that's a no?

Angrymesscan

DCC 4Life
You're really bad at this...
The question is how many phonebooks they put on the chair when he gets his hair cut...

Damn, timestamped...:picard

Top Bottom