Hill: Jerry Jones, Cowboys focused on keeping rookies healthy so they can instant imp

Carp

DCC 4Life
He did not say they would be as good, just that we'd be pleasantly surprised. Cut the breaks there.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
I don't think we got a single player in this draft as good as Sean Lee and maybe not as good as Bruce Carter. Tap the breaks there.
Lee and Carter have been on the field just 73% and 66% of all possible games, respectively. Those are below-average and failing grades before even evaluating their actual play.

D

Deuce

If we were dead set on a safety at 80 I preferred both Shamarko and Phillip Thomas to Wilcox.
I don't know that we were dead set on Safety, just on Wilcox. His named was pumped up a lot leading up to the draft by Broaddus. I'm sure that's cause the team targetted him early on in the process.

Carp

DCC 4Life
I don't know that we were dead set on Safety, just on Wilcox. His named was pumped up a lot leading up to the draft by Broaddus. I'm sure that's cause the team targetted him early on in the process.
Kind of back to my point though...with player safety such and issue now the big bruising safeties are kind of dinosaurs. That is the mold Wilcox seems to fit.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Kind of back to my point though...with player safety such and issue now the big bruising safeties are kind of dinosaurs. That is the mold Wilcox seems to fit.
Yeah, it really doesn't make much sense.

VA Cowboy

Brand New Member
No doubt there will soon be a new "Wilcox" rule in the NFL.

Lotuseater

Banned
While I agree with you, I would doubt they'll be hurt the same amount of time going forward. I may be wrong. And yes, I think a couple of these players may become standout players. Webb and Wilcox are the ones id bet on, and Romo and Escobar could have some unique mexican chemistry in the red zone.

Wilcox gets classified as a headhunter but dont forget he runs a 4.5 and shows better instincts than any safety we've had in years, even if it was only for a year. We haven't had a safety with his physcial ability here in quite some time. Yes he was a reach, but he was a productive player and obviously they felt like taking a chance on upside. Im rooting for him.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
While I agree with you, I would doubt they'll be hurt the same amount of time going forward. I may be wrong. And yes, I think a couple of these players may become standout players. Webb and Wilcox are the ones id bet on, and Romo and Escobar could have some unique mexican chemistry in the red zone.

Wilcox gets classified as a headhunter but dont forget he runs a 4.5 and shows better instincts than any safety we've had in years, even if it was only for a year. We haven't had a safety with his physcial ability here in quite some time. Yes he was a reach, but he was a productive player and obviously they felt like taking a chance on upside. Im rooting for him.
Thank you for quoting the person you are replying to so as to decrease any sort of confusion.

Carp

DCC 4Life
Holy shit...how the hell has Wilcox shown better safety instincts than anyone we've had in years?

I get wanting to be optimistic, I really do, but good most of this is just wishing, not reality.

Lotuseater

Banned
Watch film. He has great awareness and instincts. I think he looks like a legit strong safety that has the physcial tools to be able to cover as well, even though that's not the strong side of his game.

We have had guys here for YEARS that flat didn't have the physcial ability to run and cover. Roy williams, Lynn Scott, keef Davis, Hamlin, McCray and the list goes on.

Wilcox can run and he shows great awareness in coverage and is very good coming down and tackling. After what we've had at safety, im happy to get one that at the very least has the physcial tools to do the job, as sad as that is.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Watch film. :lol

Does youtube show times that players blow an assignment, or what they're doing on any random play when the ball isn't thrown their way? Or just the highlights...

Carp

DCC 4Life
If you "watch film" and a playing a rap song in the background, then you really aren't watching film.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Do we have a bad player on the roster?

Carp

DCC 4Life
Do we have a bad player on the roster?
I don't think so...when I watched highlights...errr, game film of last season, it had Gangsta's Paradise on in the background.

Lotuseater

Banned
Not talking about highlights, dip shit. Give me a little credit. I put in some time on him and Webb because I didn't know much about them. I really like what I've seen of both.

Carp

DCC 4Life
Not talking about highlights, dip shit. Give me a little credit. I put in some time on him and Webb because I didn't know much about them. I really like what I've seen of both.
I call bullshit, but appreciate you burning the fictional midnight oil breaking down the players.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
Jones said the Cowboys have made a point to monitor the rookies’ activities, contact and stretching in an attempt to avoid some of the setbacks this year.

"We have tried to keep that in mind as we take these guys through practice," Jones said. "We are trying to make sure we are doing the things as best we can to not have some of the pulls we had last year."

Clarence Hill
And please remind them not to ride anywhere with the DT's.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
I'm curious as to where you got this "film" on these players. And considering you 'put some time' in on studying them, sounds like you had a lot.

Top Bottom