Archive - Random Cowboys Related Stuff Thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Don't expect too much from Dixon. I think he has a good shot to make the team, only because of the utter garbage we're throwing out there at safety, but he's going to get picked apart in the passing game just like our other safeties.

He'll make some "woo" hits but he'll be out of position and slow to react on passing plays and we'll be cursing him before Halloween.
Agreed and I watched him play quite a bit. I never really wanted him but maybe he will do decently well on special teams.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
He'll make some "woo" hits but he'll be out of position and slow to react on passing plays and we'll be cursing him before Halloween.
This is the continuity we're used to. You make it sound like such a bad thing.

dallen

Senior Tech
This guy is giving me horrible Tony Dixon flashbacks. The best thing that ever happened to him was getting drafted in the same draft as Qunicy Carter

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Don't think he is fast enough to cover the receivers in the NFL. He might get some wow hits but I don't think enough to get excited about (if that's your thing). Like I said earlier I think we might get lucky with some good special teams play and maybe a decent backup for Church.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
This guy is giving me horrible Tony Dixon flashbacks. The best thing that ever happened to him was getting drafted in the same draft as Qunicy Carter
You do remember what Jeff Heath looked like last year as our starter right?

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
You do remember what Jeff Heath looked like last year as our starter right?
Oh we all remember that Heath sucks but those of us who follow the Big XII closely realize that it's a strong possibility that Dixon won't provide much of an upgrade.

Think Roy Williams (SS) circa 2008, but with about half the talent. That's Dixon, IMO.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
For the record, I'm not rooting against Dixon and have no problem with the Cowboys burning a 7th round pick on him. I'm just basing my assessment on what I've seen out of him during his time at Baylor.

I'm secretly rooting for him.

p1_

DCC 4Life
Sounds like alot of folks think Dixon is viewed as a starter. Where is that coming from?

Cotton

Staff member
Sounds like alot of folks think Dixon is viewed as a starter. Where is that coming from?
Who else will start? Heath? That's the issue. We have crap back there.

Cotton

Staff member
Church and Wilcox are clearly the penciled in starters.
I just don't see Wilcox as going anywhere. Hopefully he will surprise me.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
I like players that have a chip on their shoulder...but we always come across like overly sensitive bitches.

"Hey, say it to our face, meany!"

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
I like players that have a chip on their shoulder...but we always come across like overly sensitive bitches.

"Hey, say it to our face, meany!"
RKG

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Oh we all remember that Heath sucks but those of us who follow the Big XII closely realize that it's a strong possibility that Dixon won't provide much of an upgrade.

Think Roy Williams (SS) circa 2008, but with about half the talent. That's Dixon, IMO.
I wish I had a lowlight real of Heath from last year. His play last year makes me dream of Roy Williams circa 2008.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom