Bandwagon fans? Cowboys jersey sales skyrocket in last month

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Bandwagon fans? Cowboys jersey sales skyrocket in last month

SPORTSDAYDFW.COM

Published: 23 October 2014 07:41 PM

Updated: 23 October 2014 07:53 PM

The Cowboys' 6-1 start has been good for their bottom line, especially when it comes to jersey sales.

According to the DICK'S Sporting Goods' Jersey Report, which ranks jersey sales across 500 stores and their website, the Cowboys have jumped from15th in jersey sales to No. 8 in the league over the past week. In the past 30 days, the Cowboys rank 13th in jersey sales, up nine spots from the previous month.

Leading the way is Jason Witten's jersey which has been the 12th-best selling jersey this week. Witten's jersey is the 28th highest selling in the past 30 days after ranking 53rd before then. The 25-spot jump is the sixth most for a player in the top 50 in jersey sales. No. 2 and No. 4 are Witten's teammates.

DeMarco Murray's jersey has risen 59 spots in the past 30 days, going from No. 103 to No. 44. Tony Romo's jersey meanwhile, has risen 30 spots, going from No. 68 to No. 38.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Ass holes! A real fan buys jerseys even when Jerry is sucking the life out of a team!

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Fuck them.

Plan9Misfit

Appreciate The Hate
I won't give that miserable piece of shit any of my hard earned money no matter how we're doing.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
It's retarded to call it a bandwagon thing. Every team's merchandise sales go up when they are winning.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
It's retarded to call it a bandwagon thing. Every team's merchandise sales go up when they are winning.
No kidding. Who the hell wants to buy a Quincy Carter jersey? When your team has legit NFL talent people will buy the merchandise.

townsend

Banned
I've been eye-balling Dallas merchandise for the first time in a decade, because it's the first time it wasn't tantamount to a kick-me sign. There's only so many times you can listen to how much your team sucks, when it's absolutely true. Especially when the merchandise becomes a reminder of your own stupid misplaced optimism. Even now I'm still waiting for everything to just start collapsing for no reason. Being a fan in this decade is like one of those dreams where you trip and then fall forever.

Cotton

Staff member
I've been eye-balling Dallas merchandise for the first time in a decade, because it's the first time it wasn't tantamount to a kick-me sign. There's only so many times you can listen to how much your team sucks, when it's absolutely true. Especially when the merchandise becomes a reminder of your own stupid misplaced optimism. Even now I'm still waiting for everything to just start collapsing for no reason. Being a fan in this decade is like one of those dreams where you trip and then fall forever.
Stay strong, man. Stay strong.

Carp

DCC 4Life
I have been looking at hats. Cowboys have some of the best gear around...if I see something that catches my eye, I will buy it.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
I have been looking at hats. Cowboys have some of the best gear around...if I see something that catches my eye, I will buy it.
I have some caps from the last SB that Dallas won that have never been worn and still have the NFL tags on them.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I have a house I bought that is severely under decorated. I'm thinking that I'm just going to turn the basement into a sports man cave with all Cowboys and Hawkeyes stuff. I have a good amount of Cowboys stuff from over the years but I'll probably be buying some stuff to finish it out. I wish there was a way to dedicate all purchases to Iamtdg.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
I have a house I bought that is severely under decorated. I'm thinking that I'm just going to turn the basement into a sports man cave with all Cowboys and Hawkeyes stuff. I have a good amount of Cowboys stuff from over the years but I'll probably be buying some stuff to finish it out. I wish there was a way to dedicate all purchases to Iamtdg.
Just call it the Dawg House.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I have some caps from the last SB that Dallas won that have never been worn and still have the NFL tags on them.
You could probably sell those quickly if you wanted.

Cotton

Staff member
You should actually dedicate your FACE to S'ingTFU!

Top Bottom