Must See Movies

D

Deuce

I wouldn't mind them taking another crack at a Spawn movie. They did one back in the 90s with Michael Jai White as Spawn. It was meh.

I think with the right director and today's technology a series of Spawn movies could be successful.

I also think it's time they look at making a Wonder Woman movie. She's one of the most popular superheroes ever. If they don't want to feature her in a film by herself they should at least look to partner her up with another hero for a movie.
Wonder Woman is in the works. Spawn I do agree with. Now that comic movies have become popular again with such dark backgrounds, this is the best chance for Spawn to be successful.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Like the Justice League?
Is their a Justice League film in the works?

If so, that's great. But I also think Wonder Woman is popular enough to where if they did it right they could put together a great movie with her as the feature superhero.

That said, after thinking about it I don't think you could do a multi-movie series thing with her as the lead because Wonder Woman really doesn't have an arch rival who's popular with the masses. Unless we have a resident comic book geek on hand who'll argue otherwise, I think a Wonder Woman movie would be one and done.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
Is their a Justice League film in the works?

If so, that's great. But I also think Wonder Woman is popular enough to where if they did it right they could put together a great movie with her as the feature superhero.

That said, after thinking about it I don't think you could do a multi-movie series thing with her as the lead because Wonder Woman really doesn't have an arch rival who's popular with the masses. Unless we have a resident comic book geek on hand who'll argue otherwise, I think a Wonder Woman movie would be one and done.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0974015/

E_D_Guapo

Brand New Member
He needs to get with Apatow or McCay and do something good. Funny People had moments, but he needs to go full hard R...and not something shitty like That's My Boy.

He could also go the weird type like Robin Williams did...Insomnia and One Hour Photo were good for him.
I kind of liked Punch Drunk Love and it was definitely a departure from his normal idiotic comedies (granted, I like a few of his earlier idiotic comedies as well).

Last edited:

Carp

DCC 4Life
I kind of liked Punch Drunk Love and it was definitely a departure from his normal idiotic comedies (granted, I like a few of his earlier idiotic comedies as well).
Yeah...that was solid. That one where his family got killed in 9/11 was interesting too.

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
Bane is Batman's arch enemy.

/clay
Bad parenting.
Norman Osborne is basically Lex Luthor and The Joker...not really important though, the way he came to be in this movie was...and it was awful. Chris Cooper was completely wasted.
My kid for example thinks of Venom first as the ultimate arch enemy. It really has to do with which generation of the comic you were most familiar with.
In the modern era sure. Back in the 1970s that would be GG.
I think in the comics, Venom is Spiderman's Joker.
I never was a really regular Spider Man reader. I was more into Captain America, The Avengers, and Thor back in the day. But I loved the Secret Wars comics and the Symbiote (Black Alien Costume) storyline that came from it.

Even if I was going to go back to before I was born and pick a Spiderman villain though, I'd still pick Doctor Octopus, since he was the first villain that ever kicked Spiderman's ass. I'll give you that GG killed Gwen Stacy, though, and that was a huge moment in comics history, like killing Spiderman's Lois Lane at the time.

/comic book nerd

Carp

DCC 4Life
It's everywhere now...aintitcool, etc. On my phone or I'd post.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Ben Affleck to play Batman in Man Of Steel sequel, fans lash out on Twitter
Aug 23, 2013 08:19 By Lucy Buckland

Holy Smokes – hunky actor Ben Affleck is only confirmed to play Batman in the Man Of Steel sequel.

Affleck will replace Christian Bale to become the eighth actor to play Batman – following in the likes of George Clooney and Michael Keaton’s footsteps.

It is a casting which has divided Batman fans, who took to Twitter to blast the Argo directors' new gig.

GettyProducer Grant Heslov, actor-producer-director Ben Affleck, and producer George Clooney, winners of the Best Picture award for "Argo,"
He looks amazing in a suit

Within hours "Better Batman Than Ben Affleck" was trending across the world with suggestions including Butthead, 1D’s Liam Payne, Michael Jackson and Nicholas Cage.

The as yet untitled film is scheduled to start shooting in 2014, and has been slated for a July 17, 2015 release.

"We knew we needed an extraordinary actor to take on one of DC Comics’ most enduringly popular Super Heroes, and Ben Affleck certainly fits that bill, and then some," WB president Greg Silverman said.

"Ben provides an interesting counter-balance to Henry’s Superman," said the director.

"He has the acting chops to create a layered portrayal of a man who is older and wiser than Clark Kent and bears the scars of a seasoned crime fighter, but retain the charm that the world sees in billionaire Bruce Wayne.

"I can’t wait to work with him."

After the announcement of a sequel at this year's Comic Con - fans flew into a frenzy over who would land the job playing the caped crusader.

But it appears the shock that Ben will be slipping into the sexy batsuit has floored some fans.

Ben Affleck in Argo
Ben Affleck in Argo

Within hours of the announcement a petition urging Warner Bros to reconsider Affleck - within an hour it had 500 signatures.

It reads: "His acting skill is not even close to being believable as Bruce Wayne and he won't do the role justice.

"He's not built, nor is he intimidating enough for the role of Batman. His portrayal of Daredevil was atrocious and he's not remotely close to an action star. Please find someone else."

Henry Cavill, Amy Adams and Diane Lane will reprise their roles.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Well, here's Affleck in the Batman costume.

Top Bottom