So What Are Your Expectations Now....

hstour

Brand New Member
I thought they had an ability to go 9-7. If some things broke their way, The Cowboys could be 10-6, 11-5 if they were very lucky.

Now I think that 11-5 is a distinct possibility.

So how has your opinion changed?

DontCryWolfe

DCC 4Life
Everyone, at least in some shape or form is thinking it, so I'll say it; Super Bowl.

If this team continues to play like it has, and the players we have coming back can contribute (pass rush), then a Super Bowl appearance is a reasonable expectation. It's very early still, but this is a different team.

/homeredtheeffout

data

Forbes #1
Pre-season, I had 7-9. Now I've got it at 11-5 with losses to Phi, Indy, NY, Chi.

We won't reach the NFC Championship. If we do, I don't think my heart could handle the week leading up to the game.

With that being said, it's been an honor posting with you folks and I'll see you beyond the pearly gates of Heaven.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
No way am I expecting a SB. I do expect playoffs. After that, I go back to beaten fan syndrome expecting us to fold at the first opportunity.

data

Forbes #1
What man, you don't think that through these first seven weeks the team hasn't looked capable of representing the NFC in the big game?
There's so much shit that can happen between now and then. I'm thinking our success is more fragile than others and teams will have adjusted during the second half of the season.

data

Forbes #1
No way am I expecting a SB. I do expect playoffs. After that, I go back to beaten fan syndrome expecting us to fold at the first opportunity.
Maybe unfair question that's too early to ask...

Do you see our success this season being just our lightning in a bottle? Or do you see this being the first year of several years of deep playoff contention?

Newt

DCC 4Life
Nfc championship game. Seriously.

data

Forbes #1
I was more optimistic during 2007. One bad turn of TO's ankle vs Carolina and everything was ruined.

DontCryWolfe

DCC 4Life
There's so much shit that can happen between now and then. I'm thinking our success is more fragile than others and teams will have adjusted during the second half of the season.
I don't know, perhaps I am allowing hope to cloud my judgment. But after all the bs we've endured, all the soul crushing defeats, who can blame me? I'm still bracing for the stomach punch, but I've got a smile on my face while I do. I may drown myself in the Kool-Aid before it's all said and done, but I'm going to enjoy this while I can, because this could just be '07 all over again. A glimpse of hope, only to get crushed right in front of us.

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
At this point I don't know what to expect. If Murray and Romo stay healthy we could win the damned Super Bowl, but we have to white knuckle all the way because either one going down could screw us.

cmd34

Brand New Member
The last 6 games will tell a lot about this team....

@ NYG
Philly
@Chicago
@Philly
Indy
@ Redskins

Okay, maybe not the last game.

cmd34

Brand New Member
Those two games against the Eagles in a three week span will be interesting.

The Eagles host Seattle in between.

DLK150

DCC 4Life
I'm the last person that you would consider an optimist but I believe that barring injuries, 11-5, maybe 12-4 are possible and before the season started I was thinking 6-10 to 8-8 again. Way too premature to use the "S" word IMO. If we can develop a better pass rush, maybe but that remains to be seen. This defense has exceeded my expectations to this point but until they can start putting the QB on the ground, we'll have to rely on the offense to own the clock and put enough points on the board to win.

Carp

DCC 4Life
I see us finishing 12-4 and at least making it to the NFC Championship Game. This team is different than the other teams in recent memory...they play and carry themselves like winners. In 2007 we almost seemed surprised by the success, but now they seem to expect it. Not in a cocky way, but a confident way.

The defense is still a work in progress, but with the return to health of Carter, addition of Lawrence, and Melton getting more and more reps...I expect it to get better.

Over the years this team and staff have given every reason to doubt this success, so we'll see how it all finishes up, but this year feels different.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I expect 11-5 with a tougher schedule ahead.

Not into predicting what will happen in the playoffs.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Aw. Come on little buddy. Think big. It doesn't cost a penny more.

hstour

Brand New Member
Maybe unfair question that's too early to ask...

Do you see our success this season being just our lightning in a bottle? Or do you see this being the first year of several years of deep playoff contention?
I don't think this team is just a one year wonder. If they continue the thoughtful approach to addressing deficiencies in the draft and keeping this team young, then I think they can be contenders for several years. Deep playoff contention is tough to predict since as Parcells said, "just make the tournament, then anything can happen."

But they are going to have to make a transition from Romo in the next couple years and they need to hit on their choice there.

Top Bottom