Redskins stuff...

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
by Igor Mello | CBSSports.com

Mon, 20 Oct 2014 12:24 PM ET

Redskins linebacker Brian Orakpo has a torn pectoral muscle, Pro Football Talk reports on Monday. The injury was to his right pectoral muscle and not his left, which he tore in 2012. The three-time Pro Bowler is expected to land on the season-ending injured reserve list, according to the report. He'll be a free agent in 2015, likely ending his career in Washington.

DontCryWolfe

DCC 4Life
by Igor Mello | CBSSports.com

Mon, 20 Oct 2014 12:24 PM ET

Redskins linebacker Brian Orakpo has a torn pectoral muscle, Pro Football Talk reports on Monday. The injury was to his right pectoral muscle and not his left, which he tore in 2012. The three-time Pro Bowler is expected to land on the season-ending injured reserve list, according to the report. He'll be a free agent in 2015, likely ending his career in Washington.
How the hell does someone keep tearing their pectorals? I mean, that's a rare injury to sustain, and to now tear the other one seems strange.

Cotton

Staff member
Jason Garrett thinking Redskins, not job
October, 20, 2014

By Todd Archer | ESPNDallas.com

IRVING, Texas -- With Sunday’s win against the New York Giants, Jason Garrett surpassed Bill Parcells and Wade Phillips for the fourth-most regular-season wins in Dallas Cowboys history with 35.

Garrett, who is 35-28 as head coach, is in the final year of his contract, and Cowboys owner and general manager Jerry Jones has repeatedly said he believes Garrett has a bright future with the Cowboys but he is not interested in talking about a contract extension.

Neither is Garrett.

“I just know where I need to focus, where our team needs to focus and it needs to focus on playing our best football,” Garrett said. “The way we do that is we focus on being our best today, do a great job evaluating that game, get ready for the players coming in, let’s go to work. That’s really what I think about.”

The Cowboys have the best record in the NFL at 6-1, and their six-game winning streak is their longest since 2007, when they finished an NFC-best 13-3 in Phillips’ first season.

Garrett has never wavered from his process-oriented approach, and the team’s fast start this season is not about to change that.

“If you just keep trying to do things the right way, the results on the scoreboard will hopefully take care of itself,” Garrett said. “And that’s just the way I think. That’s the way we try to help this team.”

When asked if Jones and Garrett’s agent, David Dunn, will talk about a deal, Garrett was terse.

“That was the last answer I’m going to have about my contract,” Garrett said. “Seriously, I’m thinking about getting ready for the Redskins.”

Hawkeye19

Brand New Member
Garrett's calm, methodical style is an asset when the team is winning. His "one play at a time" mantra is exactly what a young team needs to stay focused on the task at the hand. I'm glad he's showing some discipline by aggressively refusing to discuss his contract and instead focusing on the next opponent. Leading by example.

data

Forbes #1
Orakpo...another high REdskin draft pick showing early promise only to fade away.

In the past 10 years, Id say only trent williams and maybe ryan kerrigan have held up

Cotton

Staff member
Orakpo...another high REdskin draft pick showing early promise only to fade away.

In the past 10 years, Id say only trent williams and maybe ryan kerrigan have held up
You mean like Lee?

:tippytoe

Cotton

Staff member
Officials breakdown: Tony Corrente
October, 21, 2014

By Todd Archer | ESPNDallas.com

IRVING, Texas -- Tony Corrente's crew will work the "Monday Night Football" game between the Dallas Cowboys and Washington Redskins at AT&T Stadium.

This will be Corrente's fourth Cowboys' game since 2010 and they have all been NFC East games. The Cowboys are 2-1 in those contests, beating the New York Giants (2013) and Philadelphia Eagles (2010). The Cowboys lost the 2010 opener to the Redskins.

In those games, Corrente's crew called 23 penalties for 166 yards against the Cowboys and 15 penalties for 134 yards against the opponents.

Last week, Corrente worked the Cleveland Browns-Jacksonville Jaguars game and called 13 penalties with 11 accepted for 75 yards. The Browns were flagged eight times for 50 yards; the Jaguars had three penalties for 25 yards.

The breakdown:

Illegal use of hands – 1
Offensive holding – 4
Delay of game – 1
Illegal substitution – 1
False start – 1
Offside – 2
Neutral zone infraction – 1
Offensive pass interference – 1
Defensive holding – 1

Quarter-by-quarter:

First – 3
Second – 4
Third – 2
Fourth – 4

p1_

DCC 4Life
How the hell does someone keep tearing their pectorals? I mean, that's a rare injury to sustain, and to now tear the other one seems strange.
That has to hurt like Holy Hell.

Cotton

Staff member

Great, now his stank will be there.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester

Ah shit......can't he go to the Texans game instead?

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch

Fat Wade is a skins fan, now. Hopefully we'll get to see his sad face again Monday night.

http://www.redskins.com/news-and-events/article-1/Wade-Phillips-‘A-Big-Redskins-Fan-Now’/3b7a29c3-c8f4-45de-bb69-27e477941765

Cotton

Staff member

I think this is probably smoke and mirrors. Making us gameplan for both QBs.

Cotton

Staff member

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
That Dianna woman lives in my building, she's a bit of a ho and bangs a 70 year old area news anchor at the station she works for in an attempt to get ahead.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

Heh heh.

~giggling chin fat, tugging arm hair~

Top Bottom