Draft Weekend Chatter Thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deuce

I'll take it. Not keen on trading up, but love the player.
I don't know. I might let this round play out a little bit before getting jumpy and trading up. It risks losing Lawrence but there's still so many talented DL right now, plus you figure one or two QBs will go, Lee will go and a few good DBs will go ahead of us. We're going to have good options at 47.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
I don't know. I might let this round play out a little bit before getting jumpy and trading up. It risks losing Lawrence but there's still so many talented DL right now, plus you figure one or two QBs will go, Lee will go and a few good DBs will go ahead of us. We're going to have good options at 47.
Yeah, like I said, not keen on trading up, but depending on what we spent, I wouldn't hate it.

Cotton

Staff member

Wow.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch

Wow.
That was reported last night, Drunky McDrunkerson.

Cotton

Staff member
That was reported last night, Drunky McDrunkerson.
I knew that. I was just making sure you guys didn't miss it.

:unsure

D

Deuce

Watching the Jerry, Stephen and Red Pube PC right now. At the 6:35 mark, Jerruh is answering a question and his jacket starts dancing like crazy. Maybe he was nervous answering the question and bouncing his leg. My assumption is Charlotte was under the table giving him a BJ because she got confused and thought it was Garrett.

Cotton

Staff member
Watching the Jerry, Stephen and Red Pube PC right now. At the 6:35 mark, Jerruh is answering a question and his jacket starts dancing like crazy. Maybe he was nervous answering the question and bouncing his leg. My assumption is Charlotte was under the table giving him a BJ because she got confused and thought it was Garrett.
Ohhhh, fuck you for that. Damn.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member

I'll take it. Not keen on trading up, but love the player.

I think he is one of the last double digit sack guys in the draft. Guys like Critchton and Ealy aren't really going to provide the pass rush we need from the DE spot, even though they would also be useful players.

Last edited:

GShock

DCC 4Life
For today (at least until the draft kicks on again) I love Jerry Jones.

Man, that was not easy to say.
Second round is danger zone, tho. This is where he gets tempted to play GM and makes eleventeen trades to get a 3rd round TE or injured LB. He didn't get to show off last night, so that temptation is just building...

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
Second round is danger zone, tho. This is where he gets tempted to play GM and makes eleventeen trades to get a 3rd round TE or injured LB. He didn't get to show off last night, so that temptation is just building...
Watkins did say Fiedorowicz could be bpa in the 2nd

:tippytoe

BipolarFuk

Demoted

Wow.
I don't get having to have 3 great LBers in a 4-3 D in this day and age.

You are in the nickel half the time or more now. One of those guys is going to be sitting.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Watkins did say Fiedorowicz could be bpa in the 2nd

:tippytoe
As an Iowa fan I love the player.

As a Cowboys fan I hate the draft pick. You better be trading Witten today if you're making that pick. Not only that but you probably should get rid of Romo as well because I don't think those two butt buddies could survive without each other.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I'm afraid we go with some shitty LBer here.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
The reason I wanted Martin so bad is because Garrett's time here is almost up, but we will have a solid OL for years to come.
Maybe, but then we have to find the next QB too.

Smitty

DCC 4Life

Wow.
I woulda thrown a tantrum. Thank you Pittsburgh.

E_D_Guapo

Brand New Member
I have read a few draft profiles on him that reference a little bit of nasty in his game. His biggest weakness is his short arms. He definitely has power.
I saw at least one profile that compared him to Logan Mankins. If he turns out to be as good as that guy then it will be a hell of a pick. I definitely like it. They tried to trade out but couldn't so they stuck to their board and ended up with a really good OL, even when their biggest needs were on the defensive side of the ball. That has to be looked at as a good sign for the direction of the organization.

Everyone has been screaming at them to get serious about building an strong OL for years and they've actually done it the ideal way...through the draft.

I find myself somewhat confused by what appears to be a smarter, more responsible approach this organization has taken as of late. Unfortunately I don't think it's going to pay big dividends in the Win/Loss column in 2014, but it should in the long run.

I say all this after round 1 though. Still plenty of time for them to get cute and take some WTF? linebacker out of Bejeezus St. in round 2, another TE in round 3, some injury-prone DT in round 4, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom