Archer: Cowboys look for fans' edge at home

Carp

DCC 4Life
IRVING, Texas -- The last time the Dallas Cowboys played a home game, Tony Romo said it felt like a road game.

The Cowboys had to use a silent count at AT&T Stadium because of the number of Houston Texans fans at the game, and the opposing crowds for the first three games -- San Francisco 49ers, New Orleans Saints, Texans -- have been larger than normal.

Now that the Cowboys are 5-1 and looking like a playoff contender, maybe the crowds will be more favorable, starting Sunday when the New York Giants come to Arlington.

“We believe we have the best fans in the world,” coach Jason Garrett said. “Anywhere we go there are Cowboy fans -- in the hotel, surrounding the bus, in opposing stadiums and certainly we’ve felt the support of our fans in our stadium for a long, long time. We understand that, we appreciate that. What we talk to our team about all the time is we have to give our fans a reason to cheer, and that’s our responsibility, that’s our job.”

The short trips from New Orleans and Houston played a factor in the sizable crowds. While the Giants do not bring as many fans, they are 4-1 at AT&T Stadium, losing there for the first time last year.

After playing at CenturyLink Field, one of the loudest stadiums in the NFL, last week in Seattle, the Cowboys want their stadium to be just as loud for the Giants.

“We do need more Cowboys fans there,” Dez Bryant said. “We need them to be a little bit louder whenever that defense is on the field. I'm not hearing them I need to hear them some more.”

And they need them to be quiet when the offense has the ball, although if they have to go to a silent count, at least they have done it plenty of times already.

“I don’t think anybody is really fazed by that,” Jason Witten said. “There have been a lot of road games where our Cowboys fans have been pretty loud, so I don’t think you worry about that or take it as a shot or anything. It’s a pretty amazing stadium and a lot of people want to see it.”

Carp

DCC 4Life
I hope all those people that were selling their tickets to pay for their season tickets are done with that stuff and will be in the stands. Still though, hopefully they know not to cheer loudly when we have the ball.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
I hope all those people that were selling their tickets to pay for their season tickets are done with that stuff and will be in the stands. Still though, hopefully they know not to cheer loudly when we have the ball.
Due to the 5-1 start, I'm guessing we're going to see more Cowboys fans going to the games now.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Not many fans from N.Y. travel to Dallas but there are several transplants that show up for the game.

Top Bottom