Tyron Smith getting MRI on his injured ankle after sitting out

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
By Charean Williams

cjwilliams@star-telegram.com

IRVING — Tyron Smith left after practice to have an MRI on his ankle.

Smith’s ankle, which he apparently rolled in Sunday’s game, bothered him during individual drills Wednesday. The starting left tackle sat out the team portion of practice before heading for tests to determine the severity.

The Cowboys already are without right tackle Doug Free for 3-to-4 weeks after Free fractured his foot during Sunday’s game. Jermey Parnell, expected to replace Free at right tackle, was limited with a chest injury he played through last week.

They signed offensive tackle Tony Hills earlier Wednesday as a swing tackle. Donald Hawkins is the only other tackle on the roster, though right guard Zack Martin played tackle in college.

Smith and Free were among seven key players to sit out practice Wednesday.

Quarterback Tony Romo (back/ankle), running back DeMarco Murray (illness), linebacker Bruce Carter (thigh), linebacker Rolando McClain (groin/personal) and defensive end Anthony Spencer (knee/foot) also missed practice.

Spencer said he hopes to return to practice Thursday.

“I got stepped on during the game, so it’s just a little sore,” said Spencer, who played 29 snaps against the Seahawks.

Carter said he likely will miss his third consecutive game, though he put his quadriceps to the test Wednesday in rehab work.

“Probably not,” Carter said of playing this week, “but I know I’ll be back next week. I felt great running today, cuts and everything.”

Defensive end Jack Crawford (calf) also sat out.

Receiver Dez Bryant (shoulder) and linebacker Cameron Lawrence (thigh) were full participants.

Read more here: http://www.star-telegram.com/2014/10/15/6203284/injury-report-tyron-smith-getting.html#storylink=cpy

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Fuck....come on.

I'd much rather these guys choke again than to have a promising season derailed by injuries.

Please let this guy be ok.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Dallas Cowboys Pro Bowl LT Tyron Smith has injured left ankle, but expects to play Sunday: ‘I’ll be alright’
By Brandon George / Reporter bgeorge@dallasnews.com
3:21 pm on October 15, 2014 | Permalink

IRVING — Dallas Cowboys Pro Bowl left tackle Tyron Smith has an injured left ankle but said he expects to play Sunday in the club’s first NFC East game against the Giants.

“I’ll be alright,” Smith said Wednesday.

Smith rolled his ankle in Sunday’s win at Seattle, but the injury isn’t a high-ankle sprain. The Cowboys X-rayed Smith’s ankle Monday and it came back negative.

Smith still has soreness in his ankle and he didn’t practice Wednesday. He’s been getting treatment on his ankle since Sunday. Smith was moving around much better Tuesday evening than he was Monday.

The Cowboys are being cautious with Smith. He’s missed only one game in his four-year career.

Smith suffered a left high ankle sprain against Cleveland on Nov. 18, 2012 and didn’t play in the Cowboys’ next game on Thanksgiving against Washington on Nov. 22. But Smith returned the next week to play in the Cowboys’ Dec. 2 game against Philadelphia.

On Wednesday, Smith was named the NFC’s Offensive Player of the Week, becoming the first offensive lineman to receive the award since Brian Waters in 2004.

“It’s a huge honor to be nominated for something like that,” Smith said. “It’s a heck of an award, especially for a guy at my position. It’s a heck of an award to get. I wouldn’t have got it if it wasn’t for the rest of our guys.”

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Collective sigh of relief.

NFL players sprain their ankles all the time, but high ankle sprains are almost season-enders.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
Collective sigh of relief.

NFL players sprain their ankles all the time, but high ankle sprains are almost season-enders.
I had no idea until my son had a severe grade high ankle sprain. It pretty much screwed his SR season. A year later that sucker still isn't right.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
I had no idea until my son had a severe grade high ankle sprain. It pretty much screwed his SR season. A year later that sucker still isn't right.
My daughter's soccer season was blown just two weeks in for the same reason.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
The grade of sprain makes a huge difference. If you have a severe sprain you have absolutely no ability to play on it.
Absolutely. I also think the position you play has something to do with it as well. O-lineman can play through these things more easily then other positions like WR.

dallen

Senior Tech
He didn't play well today. I wonder how much this was a factor

Top Bottom